• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

does this diet work?

metallicat61003

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I'm on a diet I found in the Arnold Scwarzenegger encyclopedia of modern bodybuilding..and I have been on it for about a month..I also follow a wokout routine for begginers I found in it..I am 15 155 LBS and am about 5 foot 6.. Since I go to school I cannot eat 6-7 meals A day so I stick to three.. The diet is:

BREAKFAST: 2 eggs, 1/4 lb of meat chicken or fish,8 ounces of milk,and 1 slice of bread.

LUNCH: 1/4 lb of meat chicken or fish, 1 slice of bread, 8 ounces of milk.

Then I workout for about an hour and a half to 2 hours and immedietely follow with a 100% why protein shake which I use 1 scoop which provides about 23 grams of protein

Dinner: 1/2 lb of meat chicken or fish, baked potato, salad, and another 8 ounces of milk..

when I cook the chicken or meat I don't put anything extra on it, and with tuna I use low fat Mayo..

Will this diet help me to gain muscle mass or do I need to do something Different?

And also I'm not looking to be a professional bodybuilder, I just want to gain a subsatntial amount of muscle to look good.... Well let me know you're opinions..thanks!!

Ok, you asked if this diet works right? Well only you will know. Are you getting the results you want?

I don't see how you will because at 3-4 meals a day you will never gain LBM, your metabolism is compromised and your not eating enough food as it is. Thats my opinion. :shrug:
Sometimes you have to make sacrafices to reach your goals. Why can't you eat 6 meals a day? School is no excuse. How do you think the rest of us do it? We all prepare food, pack, prepare more and carry a cooler around with us. If you have a goal that you want bad enough you will do what it takes to reach it.

Will the diet work? Only time will tell, you have to monitor yourself, measurements, weight, bodyfat %. When you want to build muscle you need to take in quality calories however everyone has a different caloric intake requirement so you will have to experiment.

A couple of comments, you need more carbs especially post training with your shake and at breakfast.

You don't need to be training for more than 1 hour. Short and sweet with alot of intensity.

To help you get some meals in during the day, although I don't love them, you can get some protein/meal replacement bars and eat them at school.

I have that book too, and I find it very useful and a good read. Don't get me wrong, but a lot of the material in there about diet and nutrition is dated. Use that book for exercise and workouts if you want, but look at this board for nutrition programs.

Originally posted by naturalguy
Will the diet work? Only time will tell, you have to monitor yourself, measurements, weight, bodyfat %. When you want to build muscle you need to take in quality calories however everyone has a different caloric intake requirement so you will have to experiment.

A couple of comments, you need more carbs especially post training with your shake and at breakfast.

You don't need to be training for more than 1 hour. Short and sweet with alot of intensity.

To help you get some meals in during the day, although I don't love them, you can get some protein/meal replacement bars and eat them at school.

How many more carbs do you think I need??

Originally posted by Jodi
Ok, you asked if this diet works right? Well only you will know. Are you getting the results you want?

I don't see how you will because at 3-4 meals a day you will never gain LBM, your metabolism is compromised and your not eating enough food as it is. Thats my opinion. :shrug:
Sometimes you have to make sacrafices to reach your goals. Why can't you eat 6 meals a day? School is no excuse. How do you think the rest of us do it? We all prepare food, pack, prepare more and carry a cooler around with us. If you have a goal that you want bad enough you will do what it takes to reach it.

I understand what you're saying but the thing is is that at school the only time we can eat is at lunch time,,other than that we can't have food in the classrooms or anywhere out of the cafeteria..otherwise if they find the food the will take it away! That's a stupid policy,but what are you gonna do, thats the way some catholic schools are

I agree w/ Jodi, why can't you eat 5 meals a day? Eat when you get up before school (around 7), at lunch (around 11-12), when you get home from school (around 3), dinner (around 6) and before you go to bed (around 9). That's 5 times. There are more than 3 hours between meals so it's not ideal but it's a lot better than 3 meals. I mean if you wanted you could even get some protein powder, pack it in a bag, put it in your locker with a shaker bottle and some water then mix it at around 9:30 between classes and gulp it down. Takes a whole 2 minutes. 5 times would seem like a breeze and 6 without too much effort.

Originally posted by derekisdman
I agree w/ Jodi, why can't you eat 5 meals a day? Eat when you get up before school (around 7), at lunch (around 11-12), when you get home from school (around 3), dinner (around 6) and before you go to bed (around 9). That's 5 times. There are more than 3 hours between meals so it's not ideal but it's a lot better than 3 meals. I mean if you wanted you could even get some protein powder, pack it in a bag, put it in your locker with a shaker bottle and some water then mix it at around 9:30 between classes and gulp it down. Takes a whole 2 minutes. 5 times would seem like a breeze and 6 without too much effort.

That is true!!! I guess I didn't think about it like that

This is very general as everyone is individual however I would add 25 grams of carbs to breakfast and at least 40 grams of high glycemic carbs after your weight training.

So should I add like 2 pieces of bread to breakfast...and what should I add to get the 40 grams of high glycemic carbs after the workout?

Originally posted by metallicat61003
So should I add like 2 pieces of bread to breakfast...and what should I add to get the 40 grams of high glycemic carbs after the workout?

2 pieces of bread for breakfast is fine, I would stick with 100% whole wheat or I like oatmeal.

As far as post training carbs I like to take Creatine HSC by AST, it is 35 grams of d-glucose & 5 grams of micronized creatine, I mix it with 1 scoop of VP2 (100% whey isolate).

2 pieces of bread for breakfast is fine, I would stick with 100% whole wheat or I like oatmeal.

As far as post training carbs I like to take Creatine HSC by AST, it is 35 grams of d-glucose & 5 grams of micronized creatine, I mix it with 1 scoop of VP2 (100% whey isolate).
Just curious as your opinion on whole wheat?

Why not Multigrain or stoneground instead, they are lower GI.

Although Multirain bread is lower GI it's far less nutriious than 100% whole wheat.

Not sure about stoneground???

Why do say that? Just curious cuz I don't see how especially when many people are allergic to wheat and they don't even know it. :shrug:

I was wondering since you guys say that I should increase my carbs..would oatmeal be a better option than bread???

Back