• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

need a new 4-day split routine! can anyone help?

Erik D.

Will pay FOR LBS....
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
what's up everyone...
new to the forum, it's real good shit though.
lotta good info(wish i found it sooner!) Anyway i've been stuck with NO gains for about 2 months now!!!

it really suxxxx! been working real intense but just can't grow or go up in weight anymore! i can't figure it?

been workin out for about a year now consistently, 4-5 days a week.. (i don't do legs, i know i should, im gonna start very soon)
the first 3 months i really did well went up in weights, body weight went from 152 to about 160-161, arms blew-up...
but now just kinda "maintaining" but not improving any more..

my routine is currently:
chest
bi's/tri's
rest
back/shoulders
bi's/tri's or (rest)
chest
and so on..........
I really think i need to chng. that routine ive been doing it for a while if anyone can suggest something for my body weight/size please let me know

thnx......

Unfortunately you cannot always make gains, there will be times, even when you are doing everything right, that you will not make improvements. Have some faith and stick with it, remember your bodies goal is survival, it doesn't really want to add muscle and get rid of fat.

As far as your schedule, you may not need to change it you might just need to switch up the exercises. Yes you should train legs. You should be going to failure on your post warm up sets.

Big question is how is your diet?

If your diet has remained the same as when you were 152, that could be one of the answers to your problem. Also, get your ass under the squat rack or on the leg press. You will see some of the best growth when your body is under the most stress. Cowboy up now. ;) I'd be willing to bet that diet is your major downfall.

yeah my diet is sometimes good, sometimes not.
i usally try to eat 4 times a day (real food) and 1 or 2 protien shakes a day(usally 1)... i use creatine (just got back on, was off for about 2 months) been on for about a week now, everything i eat is always got protien in it usally high amounts(steak, tuna ,chicken ect.) as far as fat and carbs i just eat as much as i can, cause i need to gain some weight!...

hi buff, nice tats!

Without doing legs you are limiting your overall growth..yes, upper body too! So, there is no doubt, you must add legs. You also may benefit from training each bodypart only once per week. Here are a couple of splits:

monday: chest/delts
tuesday: quads/hams
wednesday: off
thursday: lats/low back/traps
friday: bis/tris/forearms
weekend: off

monday: chest/bis
tueday: off
wednesday: lats/traps/low back
thursday: delts/tris
friday: off
saturday: quads/hams
sunday: off

thx. gopro i like the second split....
but i wonder if once a week for each body-part is enough for me?
i've done once a week for a while aswell as twice a week, and its seems (im not sure though) that my body was responding better to 2x's a week.....what do u think?

are you sure you were groing and/or increasing weights more often on the twice a week, or was it a continued pump?

IML Gear Cream!
u got a good point mikes1. I thought about that , it probaly was a continued pump.... but i thought once a week programs were just for guys who been lifting for over 4-5 yrs. or so, or guys with good weight on them like 210-240 or so im only 160lbs. and i gotta fast metabolism..

Originally posted by Erik D.
i've done once a week for a while aswell as twice a week, and its seems (im not sure though) that my body was responding better to 2x's a week.....what do u think?

More intensity and once per week training is better for most, but what you CAN do, however, just to give yourself some extra work is this (I use this technique myself sometimes:

monday: chest/bis (+ 2-3 sets for quads)
tueday: off
wednesday: lats/traps/low back (+ 2-3 sets for hams)
thursday: delts/tris (+ 2-3 sets for chest)
friday: off
saturday: quads/hams (+ 2-3 sets for lats)
sunday: off

That will give you a little more training for your major bodyparts without overtraining you. The idea is to just hit them with a couple of extra sets to restimulate them, not another full workout to annihalate them!

Originally posted by Erik D.

man i know exactly what ur sayin!

I used to workout all areas twice a week, but I was probably overtraining and I need more time to do CV coz I need to rip up

I started doing everywhere once a week which helped the areas i workout out later on in my workouts, like my tris/legs etc, but the things I started on chest and shoulders were struggling. I was on a Mon/Wed/Fri split, but I went to the gym one thursday coz I couldn't use my shower (due to decorating) and as I was bout to hit the club, i thought I'd pump my chest n' arms up a lil.....

Well, on the next monday my chest and bi's felt stronger than ever

Can i use this GoPro?

Mon - Chest/Bi (+ a few lat pulldowns)

Weds - Back/Tris ( + a few shoulder presses and squats)

Fri - Legs/Shoulders ( + a few chest presses)

would that be okay, considering I only hit the gym 3 days a week? I might up it to 4 times a week in a month or so, when I go back to putting on muscle, i'm in a ripping stage at the moment

oh and could you explain lats, delts and traps? I don't understand them, are they all part of the back?

Back