PDA

View Full Version : T3: what it actually does...

TheGreatSatan
09-10-2003, 04:24 AM
The overall physiological effects of the active thyroid hormones are to:

1) Increases Basal Metabolic Rate

2) Make more glucose available to meet the elevated metabolic demands by increasing glysolysis, gluconeogenesis, and glucose absorption from the intestine

3) Stimulates protein synthesis

4) Increases lipid metabolism and conversion of cholesterol into bile acids and other substances, activation of lipoprotein lipase, and increase sensitivity of adipose tissue to lipolysis by other hormones

5) Stimulate the heart rate, cardiac output, and blood flow

6) Increase neural transmission and neuronal development (in the young)

MORE for the intellectual type......

Action of the Thyroid Hormones: Thyroxine and triiodothyronine, once released into the circulation, act on many different target cells in the body. The overall function of T4 and T3 are similar though much of the biological activity may be the ressult of monodeiodination to 3,5,3'-triiodothyronine prior to interacting with target cells. Under certain conditions (protein starvation, neonatal animals, liver and kidney disease, febrile illness, etc) thyroxine is preferentially monodeiodinated to 3,3',5'-triiodothryonine ("reverse T3"). Since this form of T3 formed by target cells is biologically inactive, monodeiodination to form "reverse T3" provides a mechanism to attenuate the metabolic effects of thyroid hormones.

BUSTINOUT
09-11-2003, 02:03 AM
t-3 yummy:D

crackerjack414
09-11-2003, 12:03 PM
t3 icky major muscle loss for this kid no matter how much AAs are used

BUSTINOUT
09-11-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by crackerjack414
t3 icky major muscle loss for this kid no matter how much AAs are used

I was referring to myself. Did not appear TGS was aksing advice so much as posting info.

crackerjack414
09-11-2003, 06:30 PM
i was just stating t3 is a very serious hormone to mess with and very few learn how to use it to its greatest advantage. Its an an individuel drug that must be adapted.

BUSTINOUT
09-11-2003, 07:14 PM
No doubt about it cracker. I see guys increase their dose and I'm like..."HOLY CRAP"! I've tried quite a few different methods, but have gotten the best results by running it longer at lower dosages(alot lower than most). But I had to experiment before finding what worked best for me. Not just from a fat loss standpoint, but also how my body including my heart reacted.