• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Egg peeling

derekisdman

RAWR!
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Does anyone know why when you boil eggs some of the peels just slide off smoothly and then others (cooked the same ammount of time) are stubborn as heck and every little shell just sticks to the egg?

Thats because there is a certain way to cook the perfect boiled egg. This is the proper way

Fill pan with water cover only 1 inch above eggs. Bring the water to a ragin boil. Immediately cover and remove from heat. Let the eggs sit in the hot water for 15 mins. Then add cold water to the pan and over flow with cold water. Add ice to the cold water if you want to cool down eggs. Perfect everytime :D

the key is to rinse with ice cold water after boiling for 30 seconds !!!!

I keep a midget the crawl space who peels mine for me.

Easiest way I have found.

Cut a lemon in half, then put one half of the lemon in the water with eggs as it boils. Shells come right off, and no the eggs dont taste like lemon. It just makes the shell come off very easy.
A friend of mine is a chef and he told us about that. It works.

Ok sounds great i'll try all of the above. I've heard the best way to keep the quality of the egg is to coddle it, but that means it's not hard when peeled right? So how much will boiling the egg affect the quality?

Thanks for bringing that up Derek. I have had that problem too. Lots of good suggestions to try.

About the lemon trick.....couldn't you just add lemon juice to the water? Or does the rind or something help too?

Back