• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Plyometrics

NOTD

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I was thinking of incorporating some type of plyometrics training program to help me perform better in basketball. I was wondering if this would interfere at all with my weight training.

Also, if anyone here does/or has done a plyometrics program feel free to make some recomendations for some programs or specific excersizes.

plyometrics are meant to be great

i've only done em a few times but they really kill your legs, not only do they help your jump they improve your quickness

all good basketball players do them, to maximise their vertical and quickness

they are short and very intense, so they should be classed as HIIT which is great for fat burning

I'm going to start a sprint/plyometrics programme over the next month, I'll sdo them twice a week on rest days (not after i've worked my legs though)

i'm looking forward to getting quicker, a better jump and a leaner pair of legs :)

i too have done plyo's and i give them to all my fitness clients.

things such as burpees, power squats, and bench jumps could really benefit someone like yourself.

i just go the a local outdoor court and do these...

skipping
bounding
line jumps (sideways then back and forth)
squat jumps
calf jumps
rim jumps off 2 feet
rim jumps off 1 foot

then i'll go into sprints

shoot a few hoops before and after to warm-up/cool-down, stretch my legs inbetween exercises

you can get it all done in about 30-40 mins (i'll normally do some dribbling skill after too so my workout takes a hour, its damm intense though)

Try that

Sounds good, I've been playin' ball for a long time and I'm really good, I'm just lookin' for that little edge, time to step my game up a notch. Thing is a few years ago I had orthoscopic surgery on my knee for torn cartalidge (some reason I don't think that's spelled right) and I'm also wondering how much of an effect plyometrics will have on it. As it is, after I play ball for a really long time it's usually accompanied by a swollen knee the following day, it doesn't bother me "too" much and the swelling doesn't last long. While I'm on the subject, is there anything I can do to help minimize swelling? Will my knee adjust to the rigors of playing ball again?

to minimize the swelling take some glucosamine with msn in it...should also be very good for repairing your knee...everytime you are finished a workout you should be elevating and icing your knee as well :)

Only thing good for immflamation is ibuprofin or a prescribed drug.

typical drug users answer :rolleyes: perscription drugs do have their place for pain...however they dont sure the problem...i was talking about helping his get better, not cover up the problem area.

Plyometrics is an excellent workout, I do 3 times a week. You can us all kinds of stuff for it such as the floor, stepper, medicine balls, hurdles, a mat with 5 dots on it..etc. Ever since I started doing plyos, I've quickly noticed changes in my body with in 2 weeks. Anyone can just plop through it but you really put intensity into your moves and have good form fight through the fatigue in order to get the maximum result. Not only it helped me burn fat, my agility, vertical and endurance has improved greatly.

IML Gear Cream!
Can someone get me a link to a plyometrics program or something? :)

When to do what and how many to do and how to do them would be very helpfull :p

i coach a semi-pro football team, last years camp, made all of em do plyo's...really helped with their quickness off the ball and explosiveness in the first two or three steps. never would of thought i could get anything better out of them...

I'm sorry, but Glucosamine/Chondroitin haven't been proven to do anything. It's all just speculation and theory. No studies (by someone besides the companies making it), no proof. Also most of the companies out there are not telling the truth on their lables.

In December 1999 and January 2000 ConsumerLab.com purchased a total of 25 brands of glucosamine, chondroitin and combined glucosamine/chondroitin products (see How Products were Selected). These products were then tested to determine whether they possessed the labeled amounts of the claimed glucosamine and/or chondroitin ingredients. (See Testing Method and Passing Score).

Overall, nearly one-third of the products did not pass testing. Among glucosamine/chondroitin combination products, however, almost half (6 out of 13) did not pass ??? all due to low chondroitin levels. Similarly, the two chondroitin-only products tested did not pass. In contrast, all ten of the glucosamine-only products passed testing. One possible explanation for the low pass rate for chondroitin-containing products is economic ??? chondroitin costs manufacturers approximately four times as much as glucosamine.

[Note: On January 29, 2001, ConsumerLab.com removed one of the originally approved glucosamine/chondroitin combination products from its list of products passing this review. The product, based on information in its Supplement Facts panel, contained an amount of manganese in excess of the new Upper Tolerable Intake Level (UL) for manganese set by the National Academies' Institute of Medicine earlier in January. The UL is the highest level of chronic daily intake that is likely to pose no risk of adverse health effects for almost all individuals in the general population.

http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/fact/thr_report.cfm?Thread_ID=219&topcategory=Knee

Back