• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Oatmeal and Water Shake- Yuck

Rocco32

UNLEASH THE BEAST
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
When I make my pre-workout shake it tastes good. I use 2 tbsp PB, Swole V2, Opt Prot, and 4 strawberries. I like how it tastes.

When I make my pwo shake, I only use water, Prot, 4 strawberries and oatmeal. It tastes like raw oatmeal in water. It makes my stomach turn to drink it. Any suggestions to help with taste?

You put oatmeal in your shake? Dude! :barf:

For a post workout shake wouldn't a source like honey or some dextrose be a better choice to shuttle the nutrients into the system faster?

I'm not looking for an insulin spike. I was told not to have any form of sugar (rather than berries).

My bad...how about some of the PB? As long as it's natural it might help a little bit

i know its hard to get used to , but you have to look at the ''purpose'' is serves not the taste. i use oatmeal with a mixed whey and use it as a MRP.

Originally posted by rock4832
I'm not looking for an insulin spike. I was told not to have any form of sugar (rather than berries).

Who told you not to have any sugar? I agree that any other time of day you should not have sugar (although fruit is fine) however after your workout you want simple carbs, not just for the insulin spike (that is a very good thing after training and does NOT affect fat gain/loss) you need to get carbs in your system quickly to replenish glycogen and to stop cortisol production. Oats are not good post training, any other time of day they are great.

Originally posted by ponyboy
My bad...how about some of the PB? As long as it's natural it might help a little bit

The PB would be a good taste choice, but the PWO shake I don't think you want fat because that will slow the absorption.

I know what you mean Tank, I'm just afraid if it makes my stomach churn now, what's it going to do 3 months from now when I'm sick of it?

know what you mean Tank, I'm just afraid if it makes my stomach churn now, what's it going to do 3 months from now when I'm sick of it?
you can some cinnamon with a tablespoon of applesauce for more flavor, or use a dash of crystal light in the mix for something different as well.

Thanks Tank, I'll try that.

Originally posted by naturalguy
Who told you not to have any sugar? I agree that any other time of day you should not have sugar (although fruit is fine) however after your workout you want simple carbs, not just for the insulin spike (that is a very good thing after training and does NOT affect fat gain/loss) you need to get carbs in your system quickly to replenish glycogen and to stop cortisol production. Oats are not good post training, any other time of day they are great.

:confused: he obviously chooses not to listen

quote ''oats are not good post training''

IML Gear Cream!
He is going to be following TP's Carb Cycling plan which does not require a PWO insulin spike. So don't be give him any crap about it. :p

Originally posted by young d

its a debate that has been beat to death, if its a very small amount, 25 grams or less i think thats fine.JMHO
:D

Young D- If you don't have anything productive to say, get out of my thread! You don't know what your talking about, but are overly sensitive and insulting when people butt into your thread with idiotic comments like the one you made!

He doesn't have to listen, I just feel that I would be doing a disservice if he didn't have all the options. That is what is great about these boards is that we can share and even debate our ideas and in the end everyone should learn something from them. If anyone is in doubt, they can try both techniques for a couple of months and compare the results. This is all a learning process. Remember bodybuilding is a marathon, not a sprint.

It becomes readily apparent after a short time with many people on these boards who is giving advice based on sound reasoning and who is giving advice without experience or knowledge.

That Crystal Light is a brilliant idea...I'm going to use that.

Agreed NG and Ponyboy.

heh

yo man don't have a go at me I ain't the one who said ''oats are not good post training''... I was just quoting someone else because i've been told the same by many.

And you did not choose to comment on it, so I was curious why

I never said you did have to listen

how was my comment idiotic? how do I not know what I'm talking about?

and ponyboy what the fuck are you talking about?
"giving advice without experience or knowledge"

making comments like that ^ is without knowledge

go on.... justify yourself

single grain oats

what about single grain oats?(aka baby food oatmeal)

it mixes well. im guessing the standard type oats are better?

Could you put shake in oatmeal rather than oats in shake?

What I mean is use less water so that is is more similar to oatmeal than to a watery sludge.

:confused: Oats is oatmeal :scratch:

Could you put shake in oatmeal rather than oats in shake?

If you like that consistency, yes though I don't think the protein mixes well without enough water/liquid.

I use two cups of water and it's really good I think. I use 2 tbsp of pb which flavors it and gives it some smoothness.

Back