• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Babsie Contest prep. Pic and Journal

BabsieGirl

Fighting Endometriosis
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I will post my journals later today.

Front and Back Relaxed

Right & Left side relaxed

Front pose

Back Pose

Side Pose

Measurements Pics taken 9/21/03

Neck:13.5
Chest: 36.5
Arm: 12
Waist: 27.5
Hip: 31
Quad/Thigh: 22.5
Cavles: 15
Weight: 156
B/F: 21%

Proud to Announce

I'm proud to announce since the last time I've weighed in and B/F was taken. I'm now down to 150lbs & 19%

Original B/F Pics taken & weigh in was: 9/21/03

Last B/F and weigh in was: 9/24/03

9/21/03 Diet Plan Thru 9/26/03

Date: 9/21/03

1 Week Plan:

5:30am Meal: 1
Protein Shake (water)
Supplements: 2 Lipo 6, 4 Amino Acids, Multi Vitamin
6:30am* Cardio
30 min
8:30am Meal: 2
4 Egg Whites
1 Yolk
Supplements: 4 Amino Acids, Betagen, 1 Vanadyl
11:30am Meal: 3
6oz Chicken Breast
1 tsp Mayonnaise
2 Cups Lettuce: Salt, Pepper
Supplements: 4 Amino Acids, Apple CV, Lipo 6
1pm * Cardio Brisk 30 min walk
2:30pm Meal: 4
SAME AS MEAL ONE
Supplements: 4 Amino Acids, 1 Vanadyl & 1 tsp Creatine
5:30pm Meal: 5
1 Can Tuna Fish
1 Tsp Peanut Butter
Supplements: Lipo 6, 4 Amino Acids, Apple CV, Betagen
7pm * Weight Train: 1 hour using BCAA's
8pm * Betagen & Vanadyl
8:15pm* Cardio: 25min HIIT
8:45pm Meal: 6
Lean Protein
Flax Seed Oil
1 Cup Broccoli
Supplements: 4 Amino Acids

10pm Supplement: ZMA

9/22/03 Training

Chest and Shoulders

Shoulders:

5 sets Front and Side Shoulder raises:

25lbs. 8-10 raises to the side
no rest
25lbs. 8-10 raises to the front
no rest
25lbs. 4-6 alternating front and side raises (front and side raise counts as 1, one arm at a time)
no rest
hold for as long as you can

Chest:

5 sets Incline Bench Chest Fly Drop Sets:

Weight 35lbs 4-6, drop 25lbs 6-8, Drop 20lbs 10-15.
Used spotter on last drop using 20lbs when hit 8. Very lightly spotted.

3 Bench Press Drop Set:

135lbs 1-3, 90lbs 3-6, 60lbs 8-10

3 sets Abs:

Decline crunch 25lb weight behind head (30)
no rest
Captains Chair (spotter throws legs down) (20)
no rest
Resistance band/Ball crunch (30)
Wait 30 to 60 secs and start new set.

Goal

I wanted to share a pic of my husband and I. This was taken in Indianapolis, IN on June 7th, 2003. My very first Figure Competition. NPC Indianapolis BB, Fitness & Figure Comp. I TOOK 3RD PLACE. What's bitter sweet is, my trainers wife also competed in this competition. She's competed now for a couple years and has been training longer than me. She placed 4th. How awsome of a feeling is that!!! Talk about bitter sweet.

I trained 3 months for this. Started my diet 2 months prior. I weighed 175lbs.
2 months later I weighed 135lb and 13-14%b/f

My future goal: To become a Pro-Figure Athlete. Also, to motivate and inspire people along with my two children to achieve what's in their hearts. With my changes, I've motivated many people; at work, at home, gym, friends and family. Hopefully, I can motivate the people here in IM who are in doubt, that they too can achieve. "Take the road to success and don't look back!"

Last edited:
IML Gear Cream!
Thanks for sharing your info, prep, training and pictures! Magnificent, Babsie!! :thumb:

Thanks David:D

I was beginning to wonder if anyone was going to write back with any comments.

Maybe we should make another thread: IM Competition Conversation? Don't know.

Are you doing the IM Comp?

great pics babsie.
when is your next comp?
i am going for my figure pro card too ;)

My next competition is October 25th 2003. Next month:hair: which is the only reason my current diet set up is soo strict. If I don't make that one, I aim to compete November 1st in Kentucky NPC. I honestly do not think I'll be ready for Octobers. Other people seem to think so due to the mass changes I've made already. We'll see. Originally I was going to do but had diet problems. Now, for some reason, everything is starting to come together.

Anywho, if we're allowed (for journal/progress sake) I plan to take photo's in two weeks, then again of the competition (either ONBF or NPC.) The ONBF is in Lancaster Ohio and NPC, in Ky.

Thank you for the compliment;)

All it took was for me to see one competition and I knew it was for me. After training and seeing results, I was hooked. No bigger high than achieving a satisfying goal. Going Pro is my dream I challenge to make reality. In an odd way, this has inspired me to consider personal training. I love people and I enjoy helping them. I also love to trouble shoot. Great mystery.

K sweetie I'm soooooo tired and need to get some sleep. Same drill 5:30am protein/cardio...blah blah blah....when all I wish I was doing, is SLEEPING.......

9/24/03 Work Out

Hi me........hello you......how is me? Me is fine. How is you? You is doing great! Nice to hear........

Okay....I'm being goofy. Must me the NO CARB WEEK......

Back:

Pull downs (warm up 70lbs) 12 to 15, 2 sets.

Bent over pull backs. (pull arms straight back, starting at head level)
4-5 Sets
25lb barbells (8-10 reps)
no rest
15lb bar bell
Bent over side raise for delts (8-10 reps)

Cable rows:
4 Sets

110lbs (8-10 reps)
No rest
Bent over rows
65lb barbell (6-8 reps)

Rear Delts Machine (don't know the name)
5 Sets
60lbs (10 Reps)

Bi & Tri Combo
4 Sets
Straight Bar curls (10 reps)
No Rest
Hammer curls 35lbs (10 reps)
No Rest
tricep pull downs 60lbs (10 reps)

9/26/03 Work Out

Not feeling too well. Work out wasn't good but I worked through it.

Legs:
4-5 Sets
Hack Squats 150lbs (12-15 reps)
No Rest
Leg Press 200lbs (8-10 reps)
No Rest
Leg Raises 80lbs (10 reps) FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE Can you say BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRNNNN BABY BURRRRNNNNN?

Walking double up lunges holding 25lb dumb bells
3 Sets

Hamstrings 4 sets (8-10 reps)
Reverse Hyperextension 65lbs
No rest
Leg extensions 110lb
No rest
30 sec sprint at 10rpm

Calves 4 sets (Reps are different, see note linked to exercise)
Donkey 280lbs, 12-15 reps
No rest
Calve raises 300lbs (10 slow and controlled, 10 fast and steady)
No rest
Sitting Calve raises 100lbs, (10 no excuses)
Streeeeeeeeeetch stretcccccccccchhhhhh....Whewww mamma

Abs
Used Elastic bands (wraped around bench) stretched as far as could go while rolling body off "balance ball" rolled out as far as bands would stretch, until glutes were almost touching the floor while having back supported by ball and holding onto bands with hands. Keeping hands by ears.
30 Quick Crunch reps, 3 Sets
No Rest
Standing Cable Crunch (80lbs) 15 reps

9/27/03 Weigh in

Alright. I lost 2 more lbs and 1%b/f

I'm now 148lbs and 18% b/f

note: I hold about 8-10lbs of water.

Another note: For who ever is reviewing my journal. I do cardio like crazy. Every day is cardio. 9/24 I didn't do cardio due to stomach upset. This I believe was due to too much ephedra based product. Took 4 Tums which helped me through my weight training. After weight training, stomach was upset again. Went home, fell asleep immediately......If I didn't.....Well.......it would've been me holding the toilet all night. not good.

One more note: I felt I was getting upset stomach due to the NO CARB week diet soo....guess what.......I had a yam, whole banana and 1/2 cup oatmeal to put me back in the game. It worked. Not immediately but within 30 mins. I began to feel better.

Now I feel fat.........Ewww...

Hi Babs! Great to have you in the compitition!!! The conversation thread you showed an interest in is called "Online Comp conversation and whoring thread" (Threw the word whore in there to attract people like David and Burner, our 2 most elustrious whores at IM.com) hahaha Thread = http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21373

Your photos are outstanding and at 1st I was wondering why you were entering this because you already look remarkable. After seeing your entering a contest I figured it out. A little extra motivation and support. Well I can only say that is what we are here for. If you read any of my original reasons for this contest you would know that I also wish to help motivate and assist people in reaching their goals as well as myself. We have several females here (J'Bo and JODI) that are experienced in fitness complition and well versed in all the sports aspects. They are here to help you with any questions or support that you may require or just to talk about things. The rest of us Jabronies are here to root you on and push you hard towards your goal.
Regarding your Journal, we try to respect it for its value to you and not post "one liners" but instead leave posts training and diet related. This way JODI and J'bo for example don't have to scroll 3 pages of compliments to get to your next meal and or workout. Anyway, I'm out of wind. I wish you all the best and Good luck to you in your upcoming contest!!!!! You look fantastic and I can see a promising competitive career in your future.

Originally posted by Rissole
Nice arms and shoulders Babs :thumb:

Thanks Rissole. I'm working hard and I bet you are too. Keep it up.:D

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by firestorm
Hi Babs! Great to have you in the compitition!!! The conversation thread you showed an interest in is called "Online Comp conversation and whoring thread" (Threw the word whore in there to attract people like David and Burner, our 2 most elustrious whores at IM.com) hahaha Thread = http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21373

Your photos are outstanding and at 1st I was wondering why you were entering this because you already look remarkable. After seeing your entering a contest I figured it out. A little extra motivation and support. Well I can only say that is what we are here for. If you read any of my original reasons for this contest you would know that I also wish to help motivate and assist people in reaching their goals as well as myself. We have several females here (J'Bo and JODI) that are experienced in fitness complition and well versed in all the sports aspects. They are here to help you with any questions or support that you may require or just to talk about things. The rest of us Jabronies are here to root you on and push you hard towards your goal.
Regarding your Journal, we try to respect it for its value to you and not post "one liners" but instead leave posts training and diet related. This way JODI and J'bo for example don't have to scroll 3 pages of compliments to get to your next meal and or workout. Anyway, I'm out of wind. I wish you all the best and Good luck to you in your upcoming contest!!!!! You look fantastic and I can see a promising competitive career in your future.

Hey there Fire

You wondered why I was competing in the Online IM Competition. Well, I'm an athlete and when I'm up for a challenge, it makes me work all that much harder. Just like if I'm weight training with someone else, I'll try to "out do" them. I can hang with the guys and prefer to because of their intensity level. Most of the girls in my gym are more so there for gossip. Which, gets on my nerves. So, working out with men makes for competition and motivation because they will not let me rest during a set when I'm in BURNING pain. The "push" will get you futher in gains. So yeah, this is extra motivation. The girls are all awsome and I know they're going to do well.

Jodi and J'Bo are both excellant ladies. I believe if I have any questions, they'll be right there to help.

Thank you for wishing me luck. I'm gonna need it that's for sure. The competition's getting tough and tougher each time as the word of mouth spreads about "Figure" classes.

BTW -- I tried to change my thread to include the word Whoring, and, the only thing it updated was the topic of my first post. Maybe you can help spread the word? It's going to be very informational.

Again, thanks for your compliments.

:D

Oh damn girl, so now you think you can whore with the best of us guys too?????? Damn your spunky. hahahaha Well I really wish you lived around me because I'd grab you up as a workout partner in an instant if I had the chance. Your attitude is rock solid and I love it!! Maybe I should take that "good luck" back and give it to someone else. I'm feeling that you don't need much of that. and you didn't have to thank me for the compliments, they were well deserved.

9/29 thru 10/05 Diet Plan

Date: 9/30/03 Thru 10/05/03

1 Week Plan:

5:30am Meal: 1
Protein Shake (water)
Supplements: 2 Lipo 6, 4 Amino Acids, Multi Vitamin
6:30am* Cardio
45 min
8:30am Meal: 2
4 Egg Whites
1 Yolk
Supplements: 4 Amino Acids, Betagen, 1 Vanadyl
11:30am Meal: 3
6oz Chicken Breast
Flax Seed Oil
2 Cups Lettuce: Salt, Pepper
Supplements: 4 Amino Acids, Apple CV, Lipo 6
2:30pm Meal: 4
SAME AS MEAL ONE
Supplements: 4 Amino Acids, 1 Vanadyl & 1 tsp Creatine
5:30pm Meal: 5
1 Can Tuna Fish
1 tsp Mayonnaise
1 Cup Broccoli
Supplements: Lipo 6, 4 Amino Acids, Apple CV, Betagen
7pm * Weight Train: 1 hour using BCAA's On Monday, Tuesday and Friday or Sat. Note If
8pm * Betagen & Vanadyl
8:15pm* Cardio: 25min HIIT
8:45pm Meal: 6 This meal replaces 1 of 5 meals Carbs on Wednesday & Saturday
1 Yam
Banana
tsp Butter
Supplements: 5 Amino Acids

10pm Supplement: ZMA

hey Babsie, do you do yuor own diet or do you have a trainer????

thought i'd say hi and let you know i'm following along! glad to have you here with us.

how many weeks out from your contest now? you're doing great!

:thumb:

Monday Weight Train

Warm up: Bench Press 80lbs 10-15 reps

Shoulders:

Same work out as Monday.
Front and Side shoulder raises, no rest then hit alternating side and front raise. Set of 4

Front Hammer Shoulder Raise
15lbs barbells. Raise right arm up and down once then left arm up and down. That counts as 1 rep. Total reps: 10 Total Sets: 5

Tri's:

Stand with shoulders leaning against support stand while having feet planted away from you. Now standing at a slant. Using 30lb Dumb bells, (doing the opposite of standing Tri, pull downs) place dumb bells about an inch away from chest and push up to the ceiling, with out locking elbows on the way up. This is almost like doing Tri set, standing using dumb bells behind the head. I do them that way but for this set, I did them in front, raising them.
Reps: 30 Set: 4
NO REST
Standing Cable press downs using V bar.
60lbs
Reps: 8-10 Set: 4
NO REST
Scull Crushers using straight Bar
45lbs
Reps: 8-10 Set: 4

Chest:

Bench Press 125lbs
Rep: 3-5 Set: 3

Originally posted by shortstuff
hey Babsie, do you do yuor own diet or do you have a trainer????

I do my own diet. And, I work out with men. I use to have a trainer for 2 years. Been thinking about going back to PT about once or twice a week to make sure I'm on track with my goal.

That is awesome. Your workouts look great I may have to pm you some time to try one out sometime. Since youhave a great upper body.

Originally posted by nikegurl
thought i'd say hi and let you know i'm following along! glad to have you here with us.

how many weeks out from your contest now? you're doing great!

:thumb:

Thanks for following along. I'm glad to be here. I'm exactly 4 weeks from comp time. October 25th and November 1st. Then I'm done for a while. BUT, I will maintain what's within reason to. Unfortunately I don't think I'm in control of "controlling" my water weight.

I'm really struggling today at work. People are bringing food in and it SMELLLSSSSS so GOOOOOD......I keep saying to myself.........."Will power, Will Power" My stomach is grrrrrrrrowwwwing.

How is everything coming along with you?

Originally posted by shortstuff
That is awesome. Your workouts look great I may have to pm you some time to try one out sometime. Since youhave a great upper body.

Go ahead and PM me. I don't mind. Most of what I will do is posted. I'm not good at explaining. Been thinking about having someone record my work outs and upload it onto realplayer so you all can see.

Thanks about the upper body comment. I need to cut down on the back routine. My back is getting too wide for figure. My pic's will be updated next week. Not in relaxed state, but rather in flexed/pose so I can take note and see what I need to adjust and work on. That and you all can see them. I'll leave them up for about a week then, delete them.

I'll visit your journal in a sec and let you know what I think you can do to enhance.

Back