• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

I know this has been asked before but could you check out my diet

justinR

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I have lost 50 pounds on this over the last 5 months now and it has worked pretty well. I have about twenty more to lose but i don't want to lose any LBM. Any improvements are welcomed although i am still losing weight now I expect to hit hard times soon, as my body fat decreases. oh ya I am 28 6 foot tall and weigh 223. thanks in advance for an help.:adore:

One more thing

GOOO Cubs

Welcome to IM :wave:

Meal 1: You need to add protein. Milk is not optimal for cutting but if you must have it skim would be better. Also read about EFA's because your diet doesn't have ANY.

Meal 2: Add some fat to the shake to slow down digestion. Whey digests too quickly to call it a meal. Flax or Fish oil would be great here.

Meal 3: Not enough protein. 1.75 oz. is nothing you need to at least double that. Skip the cheese and add EFA's

Meal 4: Same as meal 5 except here you should have oats, brown rice, or sweet potatos instead of more bread. Cut back on the bread and start adding in healthier, slower burning carbs. Make it a salad instead with lettuce & tuna and then a bowl of oats.

Meal 5: Again, more bread, cut back on your bread try slower burning carbs. Also, there are much better protein than Boca Burgers. Chicken, steak, fish etc and skip the cheese and have EFA's instead. Too much sugar in pasta sauce.

I think you need more protein, better carb choices and you need to add EFA's. Changing your carbs alone you will see a huge difference. Where are the veggies? You should have 3 meals that include 1 C. of Fibrous Veggies a day. You need better protein choices (are you a vegetarian?) and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE read the sticky at the top of the forum called Guide to Dieting. You can read about EFA's and carbs in there

before I start first things first, thank you very much for taking the precious time out of your day to help me out. your awsome

Originally posted by Jodi
Welcome to IM :wave:

Meal 1: You need to add protein. Milk is not optimal for cutting but if you must have it skim would be better. Also read about EFA's because your diet doesn't have ANY.

How much protein should I add, Should I add a protein shake? mabey change what I eat suggestions are welcome

Originally posted by Jodi [/]
Meal 2: Add some fat to the shake to slow down digestion. Whey digests too quickly to call it a meal. Flax or Fish oil would be great here.

no prob will definitely give it a try.

Meal 3: Not enough protein. 1.75 oz. is nothing you need to at least double that. Skip the cheese and add EFA's

How about changing the tuna to chicken of the sea salmon that should give me some omega 3 fatty acids I will also through out the cheese and double the serving of fish on the bread.

Meal 4: Same as meal 5 except here you should have oats, brown rice, or sweet potatos instead of more bread. Cut back on the bread and start adding in healthier, slower burning carbs. Make it a salad instead with lettuce & tuna and then a bowl of oats.

i will look into changing this meal to something with greens and oats

Meal 5: Again, more bread, cut back on your bread try slower burning carbs. Also, there are much better protein than Boca Burgers. Chicken, steak, fish etc and skip the cheese and have EFA's instead. Too much sugar in pasta sauce.

I have the boca burgers because I am trying to cut back on red meat and i have very little time to prepare chicken ( although I do have chicken when I have time to make it) I am short on time do to the fact that my wife works second shift and when we make the shift when i get home I have to prepare food not only for myself but also for a very impatient 1.5 year old little girl. Also the bocas are cheep for me because there a Kraft product ( I work for Kraft ) but i was already thing of changing this meal to chicken and dark green vegies I am thinking a preparing a weeks worth of chicken at a time then just nuke it when its time to eat.

I think you need more protein, better carb choices and you need to add EFA's. Changing your carbs alone you will see a huge difference. Where are the veggies? You should have 3 meals that include 1 C. of Fibrous Veggies a day. You need better protein choices (are you a vegetarian?) and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE read the sticky at the top of the forum called Guide to Dieting. You can read about EFA's and carbs in there

No I am not a vegie but I have spent the last few months severely cutting back on sat fat due to high cholesterol this meant cutting out red meat.

It looks like you are taking your whey protein after working out...........if that is indeed the case then you should not add fat to it because you want the quick absorbtion, in fact you should add some high glycemic carbs, they replace glycogen and help drive the amino's in the whey into your muscles and since it is post workout, you don't have to worry about those carbs going to fat storage, it doesn't happen post workout (unless you take and excess) I would suggest between 30-50grms. carbs depending on the intensity of the workout.

OMG :shake: on NG

Justin, you don't have to have the post workout spike and IMO if you main goal is fatloss then IMO, skip it. Everyone is different and try it both ways. This is an ongoing debate where half of us say No and the other half say Yes. Some can get away with it while others cannot. If you are already lean then I think its fine, if your not, then I think it should be skipped.

You should be getting around 300-350G protein a day divided evenly across your meals.

Thats fine on the salmon but you should still add in more EFA's than that. IMO - 30-35% of fat should come from EFA's.

new and improved diet

I have made some of the changes you suggested here it is in an excel spreadsheet. (Tab one is the old diet and tab 2 is the new one).

Note I will probably start this diet if it looks good next week and will report my changes both in weight loss and energy levels.

Meal 1 still needs more protein. You should be getting at the minimum 250G of protein a day split between your meals.

Meal 2: Looks good

Meal 3: Looks good.

Meal 4: Where's the protein?

Meal 5: Excellent but add another scoop of protein

And ummm you still need more Veggies :)

You still need carbs after you workout, your workout is over at 8, you are not taking carbs until noon, that's 4 hours! That whey protein that you spend you money on is being converted to glucose because you are not taking in post workout carbs. That is pretty expensive sugar, never mind that they whey will not go for recovery.

Add some post workout carbs.

Originally posted by naturalguy
You still need carbs after you workout, your workout is over at 8, you are not taking carbs until noon, that's 4 hours! That whey protein that you spend you money on is being converted to glucose because you are not taking in post workout carbs. That is pretty expensive sugar, never mind that they whey will not go for recovery.

Add some post workout carbs.

How many carbs should I add?

1/2 C. of Oats with your shake is great :)

I think were getting there

I made some changes although I am still not up to 250 on protein ( I???m all out of ideas on how to add more without add sat fat) I'm also a little concerned about the amount of calories I???m taking. Will I loss fat with this many?

Thats not enough cals for you. You should be getting at the bare minimum 2200 cals.

Add more chicken, more fish, cottage cheese.

Move that apple to go with your shake istead as well

Cals

Originally posted by Jodi
Thats not enough cals for you. You should be getting at the bare minimum 2200 cals.

Add more chicken, more fish, cottage cheese.

Move that apple to go with your shake istead as well

Should I be eating 2200 Cals if Im still over weight though? my proper weight is probebly around 190 ~ 200

Yes you should. In order to speed up your metabolism you need to eat. That means 5-6 smaller meals equalliing a total of 2200 cals. You are in starvation mode and your body has acclimated to your current caloric intake. Keeping yourself that low is sacraficing your metabolism.

You should figure out your 2200 cal diet and slowly work your way into it. Add 100 cals every few days until you reach 2200. This will increase your metabolism and get you out of starvation mode. Did you read the sticky?

Back