• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

2/3 protein from whey?

Pinnacle

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I'm almost afraid to ask this b/c it's been addressed in other threads, but just to be clear:
Is there anything wrong with using whey protein to supply 2/3 of my daily protein requirement if I add NPB or flax to it? It's just the EASIEST...
tuna---> barf
chicken---> I'm clucking already
cottage cheese---> can you say lactose intolerant?
egg whites---> pain in the ass to bring to work
lean beef---> Definitely, but who has the time to grill?

Pure Protien by WWNutrition---> pop open a can...35g protein...done!

Thanks in advance
P

It is FAR better for your body to get protein from whole, natural foods than anything manufactured. Your body is not designed to digest the chemicals that protein powders are made of. It should only be used as little as possible IMO.

Yeah 2/3 is high. I would only supply between 60-120g a day with protein powder. That is 2 or 3 shakes and that is all you need. THe rest should come from lean meat, cottage cheese, eggs and such.

EAT FOOD !!! or take part of your meal in protein shake but compliment it with solid food

ex eggwhites (seperate) and oatmeal mixed in whey
save shakes for post workout and save your money !!

Whey doesn't sit in the system long enough, fooey. Tuna with some fat free mayo, chopped onions and black pepper (throw in some olives or something too if you want) is awesome, how is that yucky? I eat it straight out of the can enough times as well.

Most of the time beef or chicken, I boil the chicken and I use the Foreman grill for my beef or turkey burgers, its hardly any work at all, how lazy are you? :D

Thanks guys. That's the response I thought I would get, but I was hoping for a miracle, I guess.

M- I'm not what I would call lazy :), I just get so freakin' tired of cooking up chicken---I eat the stuff and it's like my body doesn't even appreciate the taste anymore...plus running around at work, I'm like inhaling food on the go...shakes are much easier to stomach. Tuna--->oh man, can't swallow it w/o gagging...

Just have to stay focused, stay consitant, and get creative when I have the time.
Thanks again
P

Originally posted by Pinnacle
Thanks guys. That's the response I thought I would get, but I was hoping for a miracle, I guess.

M- I'm not what I would call lazy :), I just get so freakin' tired of cooking up chicken---I eat the stuff and it's like my body doesn't even appreciate the taste anymore...plus running around at work, I'm like inhaling food on the go...shakes are much easier to stomach. Tuna--->oh man, can't swallow it w/o gagging...

Just have to stay focused, stay consitant, and get creative when I have the time.
Thanks again
P

What are you trying to achieve? Just curious. Are you trying to compete. Are you male or female?

It takes me 2-5 minutes to eat my meals, it has nothing to do with taste anymore.

yo man, i hear what ur sayin

shakes are cool, better then nothing i guess! but make sure you have some fruit/flax/nuts with them to aid digestion

i hate cooking all these meals everyday too, so i buy some ready to eat chicken, put it with some lettuce and spinach and theres a high protein meal 4 ya, tastes nice too! (get some tikka, mexican or herb chicken, all taste really nice)

another thing to do is get a big chicken or turkey breast, cook it then cut it into pieces, store it in the fridge and you can put that with some tomato slasa and eat that, that is great tasting too

for your fish get some canned salmon, it is a lil more pricey and you may have to pick a few bones out but its far nicer to eat out the can then tuna is

they are all real easy to do, i'm lazy as fuck when it comes to preparing food and i manage to do them so i'm sure you can as well, hope that helps!

:thumb:

Originally posted by young d
they are all real easy to do, i'm lazy as fuck when it comes to preparing food and i manage to do them so i'm sure you can as well, hope that helps!

Ditto, I am not the kind of person who wants to stare at my food for 2 hours while I'm cooking it. I throw my chicken in a pot and boil all of it for the whole day, throw this or that on it, have some rice with it maybe, easy peasy.

IML Gear Cream!
okaaay, okaay I get it...
"easy peasy" ... LMAO :)
Thanks guys
P

Originally posted by Pinnacle Pure Protien by WWNutrition---> pop open a can...35g protein...done!

That's got to get expensive

Use Egg protein, is better digested and last longer thatn whey.

Its old-school but works! ... for example I take 1 service of 100% egg protein that is aprox 6 egg whites (32g) with 8oz of milk that sums to 40g protein.

I have found that tuna is the easiest and most afordable source of protein ... take with veggie cookies or alone. Great for last night snack ---> 30g per can + natural fish oil to optimize absorbtion, all for $0.50 a can.

Originally posted by maze
6 egg whites (32g)

6 egg whites does not equal 32g protein, 21g protein is a bit closer.

Protein of the entire egg: 6.25
Protein of just the Yolk is 2.85
Just the white: 3.5

Back