• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Corn Grits on Carb Cycling

Premo55

Mic Murderer
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Okay, I know corn is higher on the GI Index, but I've REALLY been wanting corn grits for breakfast. I'm presently on carb cycling, and tomorrow is a low carb day. Would it be fine if I made a 1/4 cup of corn grits (28g carbs without fiber) and 15 egg whites for breakfast instead of my usual cup of oat bran? It's not on the approved carb list, but um...corn is, haha. Thanks for the help! Also, is it approved on high carb day?

Peace.

I don't see why not, Although many will argue with this. By the way eating slow digesting protein will lower the GI. Also if you

Well I'm not carb cycling really but refeed/carb up normally anything goes. All types of carbs, Simple and complex.

Well I add 1/3 cup of wheat bran and 1/8 cup ground flax to all cereal I eat anyway, which basically adds a crapload of fiber to slow digestion and lower GI even more, plus the protein I imagine will make it even lower. I'm going with corn grits tomorrow! Thanks man

Peace.

Any more thoughts? Can someone help me decide? I like grits so much, I just might make it my standard breakfast...

Peace.

Escobar: Niners fan and you're living in Maryland??

Peace.

Wow

I had my grits this morning, and I'm waiting for any insulin-induced coma that may result from me having a higher GI carb so suddenly...but DAMN, THOSE GRITS WERE GOOD AS HELL...I added some soy milk, a lot of wheat bran, cinnamon and three packs of Splenda, and the corn taste was ridiculously good...I just hope I'm allowed to eat this stuff every morning, or at least on low and high carb days for breakfast..

Peace.

Back