• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Closest you've been to death?

TheGreatSatan

38lbs lost
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
What's the closest you've been to death? Tell your story.

He came over to my house and then broke his ankle...had to stay for a few days...talked like Norm Macdonald...

Oh wait...that was Family Guy...

:D

Had a brain tumor when I was 5 yrs old. Brain surgery 30 yrs ago wasn't what it is today.

I went riding with a group of friends (sportbikes)
and left my jacket at friend's house..wasn't supposed to be doing anything for a couple hours and was warm out.
Someone had the grand idea of wanting to go and crank some corners up in the mountians....I've never met a corner I didn't like..and got a case of the stoopids when I got into them..twist the grip..went much faster..
Was headed into a beautiful right handed sweeper at about 100mph...was set up and all was well..until..
Some kid was at the side of the road walking backwards towards the road. My coming upon him @ 100 mph..couldn't be heard. I took a second to take eyes off road and look at him to see what he was doing. That was all it took. I drifted to the edge of the road wheregravel and loose dirt / debris was...
I also mentioned I was only wearing jeans and a tank top??
At that moment..I told myself, "I am going to die now"
Someone upstairs loves me....
What's that saying, God love stupid people?

Originally posted by Burner02
I went riding with a group of friends (sportbikes)
and left my jacket at friend's house..wasn't supposed to be doing anything for a couple hours and was warm out.
Someone had the grand idea of wanting to go and crank some corners up in the mountians....I've never met a corner I didn't like..and got a case of the stoopids when I got into them..twist the grip..went much faster..
Was headed into a beautiful right handed sweeper at about 100mph...was set up and all was well..until..
Some kid was at the side of the road walking backwards towards the road. My coming upon him @ 100 mph..couldn't be heard. I took a second to take eyes off road and look at him to see what he was doing. That was all it took. I drifted to the edge of the road wheregravel and loose dirt / debris was...
I also mentioned I was only wearing jeans and a tank top??
At that moment..I told myself, "I am going to die now"
Someone upstairs loves me....
What's that saying, God love stupid people?

A good friend of mine did the same thing, only he ended up underneath a Jeep with broken neck.

did he survive?
I sold the bike in May..miss it..but sometimes..don't. THat was my once vice....I did push it on that thing..I said at one point..that I had used up all my 'dummy points' on it..so maybe was good I got rid of her..

I've had a couple times.

I got ran over by a car while riding my bike. Talk about LUCK!!!....My bike was mangled underneath the drivers car. The car hit me and I went flying in the air. My sister said I did a flip.
Went to the hospital where they dug gravel out of my butt cheeks, thighs, legs and hands. Got stitches in my left elbow.

I was attacked by a German Shep when I was 5 years old. He bit my entire ear off and started moving towards my neck. Which is when my mom saw what was going on and saved me. Here are some pics of my ear. I was suppose to have Cauliflower ear and have no hearing. I've gone through plastic surgery from the age of 5 until 7. I'm starting to have a "tearing" sound in my ear from time to time, so in thirty days I'm having plastic surgery to correct the tearing sound I'm hearing and they're going to make me look like I have a normal ear. When I say normal, they're going to close the gap.

When I was young I was REALLY REALLY athletic. Into Cheerleading in the winter for Varsity Football, camps, etc...Basketball, softball, soccer and 4H. Well. Here's the story. While practicing 30 min before a softball tournament in Mt Vernon Ohio for the All-Stars, We all had to bat 10 rounds. Well.....My turn came up and I was pounding the crap out of the balls. Need I tell ya, I also had a weird stance. I was on my last pitch when I step out with my left foot, SWINGGG, I missed the ball, rotated my hips, leaving my right foot planted and knee bent having my right leg still in spot. I ened up severely dislocating my knee. Drove off by Squad to nearest hospital (while in the squad they though I broke my leg) put a breathing mask over my face, gave me a couple shots. I arrived to the hospital where I was still in complete pain. I asked to be put under (because the doctor on call was too busy cutting his grass...said he'd be in when he finished...they did this......I went into cardiac arrest and had to use the electic thingies to revive me......talk about pain when you wake up. My chest was pounding with pain and I was sooo sick....when I woke up though, my knee was fixed:D

Okay...Lets see if these pics will upload. If not here, check out my gallery...I'll keep them in for a couple days then take them out.

ear

ear pic

ok..you win!

There have been what I call a few brushes like car accidents and getting hit by a car and stuff, but the closest I have been to death is when I was pulled off of the bottom of a swimming pool when I was eight years old. It is as vivid in my mind and the day it happend. When people say drowing would be the way to go, they are right. I mean, you fight like hell to live, but when you realize you are not going to, there is quite a sense of peace when you accept that you are not. Last thing I remember before being resucitated(sp) is curling up in a ball and laying down on the pool bottom. Very sureal.

IML Gear Cream!
I have 2.

First, when I was like 5, my brother and sister and I were being babysat and were playingin the back yard on the swing set. You know one of those older singsets with the exposed chains. Anyway, I ran thru the sprinkler and did a superman on the swing. I fipped over the swing and landed on my back. Not so bad until I grabbed my calf and all I felt was bone. A barb on the chain caught my leg when I flipped and ripped open the entire back of my leg with about a 6 inch gash across. Blood everywhere, I was looking at the bone and balling my eyes out. Of course, back then, my town didn't even have an ambulance Dept so I had to wait for one to come from another town, all the while people were wrapping it in towels covered in lint. Considering this was 1981 or so, I am surprised that I still have my leg. Actually, you can't even tell anything happened, both legs are now the same size, I guess I owe that doc a HUGE thank you. Too bad it didn't happen in these days, I would have had a multi-million dollar lawsuit. Back in those days, They just told you to walk that shit off.

The second time I cheated death was very stupid. My friend and I decided we would free climb Smuggler's Notch in VT in wrestling shoes. We climbed for a while, then got stuck on a ridge about 200ft from the next level for about 40 minutes. Anyway, I saw a branch that could have either been loose or rigged, but he kept being a pussy so I jumped for it. As I hit the branch, my thought was to just keep all my limbs moving which was a very good idea seeing how as soon as I jumped to grab the branch it ripped out of the ground and fell to the ground below me. My dead fish flopping out of water action propelled me up the cliff to the next level. I climbed a little further up and found a rope. I threw it to my friend who I am sure pissed his pants and pulled him up to safety. That bitch nearly pulled me off the way he was pullng and shaking since I didn't have anything to grab onto. Anyway, to top all of that off, we never got to the top cuz we decided better to go home alive than dead.

When I was 20, I died 2 times on the table but was brought back, God loves me, I must have a purpose in this lifetime, I also got into 2 serious car accidents that same year, I could have died in those too :shrug:

^that's what I call a rough year.

those are some very interesting stories ...

what's YOUR story??

did he survive?
I sold the bike in May..miss it..but sometimes..don't. THat was my once vice....I did push it on that thing..I said at one point..that I had used up all my 'dummy points' on it..so maybe was good I got rid of her..

Nope, killed him instantly. Police report says he laid the bike down and slid 120 feet before impacting the Jeep. The year before, he spent the entire summer rebuilding the engine, and put a cheaper rear tire on it. He kept saying he had a bad feeling about the next summer. Guess he was right.

appendix ruptured and i didn't respond to antibiotics for a couple of days. they moved me into intensive care and it was 2 weeks before the peritonitis was under control enough that i could leave the hospital. sucked a lot but all is well.

what's YOUR story??

well ... when I was very young, I stuck a fork into an electical outlet and .... get this, got electrocuted. I almost when thru life with straight hair. :funny:

The closet I've come was an incident with a drunk driver. We had a sprint at the time and the missus was in the passenger side and we were driven into a telephone pole passenger side first. At first, I didnt get any reaction from her and thought she might be dead. As soon as the paramedics came, they got her breathing and reacting ... and we all breathed a huge sigh of relief. As for me, I've been mainly accident and sickness free (knock on wood)

Last edited:
You guys have me beat ... but ...

When I was 9ish ... I was hanging out with these kids who were like 13. It was summer and somehow we end up in a condemned building starting small fires on this huge wooden platform. Next thing you know the whole place is gettin' outta control and we can't put it out. Fire department said a few more minutes and we might have passed out from smoke inhalation.

Unfortunately, I wasn't even awake for my closest near death:

After my first year in college ... I was makin' the ole 7 hour drive home, with all my belongings in the truck ... my roommate was following me ... I remember seeing a flashing yellow light in the distance. Next thing I know I wake up with my computer monitor in my lap, and I'm in the median! It was like 30 yards wide, downward sloping, like a V.

I instantly slammed on the brakes, then got the truck under control and stopped. My roommate pulled off behind me and was freaking out. I was so freaked I had to piss right there, and the yellow light was about a mile in the past. Apparently I had drifted into the median ... heading towards oncoming traffic (which was like 1 semi who locked up his wheels) ... at which point the jolt of crossing the V turned me up on two wheels, and I slingshotted back to "my" side, which is about when I woke up from the monitor hitting me.

I'm a bit more careful these days about driving tired.

Originally posted by BUSTINOUT
^that's what I call a rough year.
It was, I spent most the year in bed, 6 months in 4 different cast on my leg and 1 on my wrist and with my mouth wired up for 2 months, some of my friends & family really liked that part :D

IML Gear Cream!
Being in a convertible that spun out and then rolled 3 times, a peice of windshield gave cut my finger producing about 1/5th of a drop of blood :D They said that they just removed about a year previous a huge tree where the car finished its travel.

Originally posted by naturaltan
well ... when I was very young, I stuck a fork into an electical outlet and .... get this, got electrocuted. I almost when thru life with straight hair. :funny:

I stuck a key in a power outlet when I was about 3, I know when I have been electrocuted recently its not that bad, a mildly unpleasant throbbing, but add metal or water to that mix and I guess it gets nasty :D

I don't remember this but it's what I was told. I guess I almost died when I was around 2 because I ate some ant poisoning that was around someplace. I was told that when they called the er they got inscructions to mix ice cream with charcoal so i'd throw up. Then I got rushed to the er and had my stomach pumped etc. etc. It could be a lie but that's what they tell me.

Originally posted by BUSTINOUT
There have been what I call a few brushes like car accidents and getting hit by a car and stuff, but the closest I have been to death is when I was pulled off of the bottom of a swimming pool when I was eight years old. It is as vivid in my mind and the day it happend. When people say drowing would be the way to go, they are right. I mean, you fight like hell to live, but when you realize you are not going to, there is quite a sense of peace when you accept that you are not. Last thing I remember before being resucitated(sp) is curling up in a ball and laying down on the pool bottom. Very sureal.

:shake: I'm afraid of drowning. I've always thought would be the worst way to die. Speaking of which, what would be the worse way? What about burried alive?

Originally posted by derekisdman
It could be a lie but that's what they tell me.

Who told you, the mer-people????????????

Parents.

Speaking of which, what would be the worse way? What about burried alive?

I would have to say either burning alive or while your wife is yelling at you. lol

Well this is not as extreme as some of these, it was pretty scary though. I was in my car with three other dudes piled in my old piece of shit 93 Geo Storm, thius car was the worst car ever, but thats a whole nother story. Anyways we are driving the speed limit and everything, token up a bowl as we are driving around this slight curve in the road. It was sold as fuck out and there apparently wsa ice on the road and we hit a patch of it and we started spinning out of control. We spun about 200 ft and did numerous 360s into the oncoming lanes of traffic going about 60 the whole time we are spinning. There us totally nothing we could do really but hope we didn't hit anyone. It was quite the experience, somehow other cars managed to get out of the way of our car without spinning out themselves! The best part of teh whoel story was the fact that we were all stoned and during the entire incedent not one person made a peep, no screams, not shouts or anything. Just silence!! No one realised what THe fuck was happeneing until it stopped happening, god damn stoners. Bad times alright.

:shake: I'm afraid of drowning. I've always thought would be the worst way to die. Speaking of which, what would be the worse way? What about burried alive?

drowning seems like it'd be one of the worst, but the worst has to be burning to death. If you get consumed in flames, sure you're burn away all your nerve endings and won't feel pain, but that's after about 1 minute of the worst torturing pain you can ever experience:hot: (i mean shit, you guys ever touch a stove burner when you were young? that's only a fingertip!)

how about having your arms and legs broken then being burried alive (swear i havent done that to anyone or anything :rolleyes: )

Back