• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Weird muscle soreness in back

derekisdman

RAWR!
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I've had this weird feeling like right in the middle part of my back for a while now. It doesn't hurt and doesn't bother me, it just feels like the middle muscles are contstantly sore and I don't now why. I only work my back once a week although I know it gets worked with squats too.

Geez....is it...like a tightness..or is that soreness causing any pain? I'm just wondering if some kind of...like massager or heat/ice thing would help.

Tightness seems like a good description. It doesn't cause any pain. If i'm just standing there I can't notice it but if I stretch my back it just feels sore or tight. It's like if I stretch it out, while i'm in a deep stretch it maybe becomes less tight and I can't feel it at that time but if I go back to normal and stretch again, it feels tight again.

Sounds like you need to go get a good pro massage done. Er, do you have health insurance?

Anyways, I'd have somebody work on it a little if it doesnt start feeling better soon. If a massage doesnt cut it, perhaps a homeopathic doctor that specializes in chiropractic work would be able to help out a little.

How far apart are your back and leg days?

You may have a pinched nerve there. Most of the time it will clear itself but if it persists, I'd see a doc.

I don't have helalth insurance but I think i'm covered under my parents. My back is usually done on thursdays and my legs are done on sundays.

Firestorm, if it was a pinched nerve wouldn't it be painful? Should I take some time off to see if it stops or should I work through it?

Derek pinched nerves react differently in the body and their severity. to answer your question HELL YES they can be painful! Sharp pains or very dull pains, "NO PAIN AT ALL" BUT.. a weakness to a single limb (leg for example) or stomach pains etc. They can be numbing pains or burning pains. I've had every single one I mentioned above plus some.
So No also answers your question. You don't have to feel a certain pain to have pinched a nerve.

I actually had a nerve pinched in a certain area of my back that was causing me to be tired all the time. I thought I had that sleep sickness(I forget the name of it) I saw a few docs thinking something was wrong with me but they didn't find anything wrong physically or mentally(depression). but one day my lower back went out for some odd reason and I saw my very special Kineseologist ciropractor he fixed that spot and also found a few other areas "out". He asked me if I was feeling really run down and tired lately and I almost fell off the table. I was like,, how the heck did you know that? He said that my back was out in a certain area and he corrected it. I walked out of there and the sleep problem was totally gone.

I have had stomach pains a few times i've noticed. If it is a pinched nerve and I continue to work through it will it affect my gains any you think?

No not at all. The only bad news is that if you have one area out and you continue to train it is "possible" you could knock other areas out because they try to compensate for that injured area. I have a pinched nerve myself right now. middle of my back to the right side. Feels like a charlie horse. If you ice it and take some muscle relaxers like Advil it will usually correct itself. I will just work around it for a day or two. Tomorrow is back day so I'll switch it and probably do legs in hopes it will straighten out in a day or two. A pinched nerve isn't an injury that leads to major back problems so don't sweat it too much. if if doesn't go away in a few days see a chiropractor and have him push it back into place.

Ok, thanks man.

IML Gear Cream!
are you ok with what I said Derek? You look a little puzzled or confused in your avi pic.

:lol: Yes, it also appears that the pinched nerve has caused some kind of deformation of my head so that my chin is overly gigantic.

Actually though, i'm curious about one more thing: How exactly does one get a pinched nerve? Could it be something other than training? Does it happen when you don't warm up enough?

You can pinch a nerve just by moving the wrong way. Sleeping the wrong way or countless ways other then weight training. In fact if you pick up the weights with proper form(weight distributed evenly on both sides of your body and back straight), perform reps correctly your probably less likely to pinch a nerve that way then making the bed in the morning and stretching ackwardly to the other side to pull the shee up.

derekisdman,

I had something similar once, went to a chiropractor and when he touched that part of my back it was tender, anyway, he used one of those electric stimulators (not a tens unit), not sure what they are called, but one time took care of it.
It was just a slightly strained muscle.

Back