• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Laugh at my Diet - please help. A bit long..

BlueCorsair

The Blue Corsair
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Alright, enough bones about it, I'm going to post my diet. I've tried to insulate myself as much as possible against the coming deluge of criticism, so I think now I'm ready :D

Brief bit about me. I'm a 21 year-old, Male, ectomorph. Big time. To give you an idea, my wrists are barely 6 inches in total circumference, and my hands are smaller than a 14 year old girls (I checked, heh) - my bone structure is very small. I've never weighed more than 140 pounds, and currently sit at about 130. I'm *barely* 5'7. Arms are 12.5 inches, waist is 29.5 inches. The diet I follow keeps me full, and I do not feel I'm lacking in Energy. Hell, I can play two hours of hockey twice or three times a week on this just fine. My metabolism is still decent I believe, maybe even fast, but considering I'm not the 120 pound "rail" I was in high school, I can't tell if a major addition of fat/protein/carbs would be as easily "accepted" by my body.

Back when I was able to have things working properly last summer(diet, workouts, etc.) I managed to achieve, and still have, a fairly toned look. Muscle in the right places, but not enough of it. I'm afraid it's due to genetics to a degree. I seem to be blessed with an over-abundant nature of "slow-twitch" muscle fibres because regardless of how much protein I consume, I'm always sore for a couple of days after a workout. Being a high-level hockey player, my cardio level is excellent. I have a good three-day split I started two weeks ago, cobbled together from personal experience, and some of GoPro's ideas.

Meal #1:

- 3 Omega-3 Eggs (Chickens fed all-flax diet, eggs high in Omega 3&6, almost no saturated fat/cholesterol.)
- 2 Scoops Protein (shake - 42 grams protein)
- 1 Slice Sprouted Flax Bread

Meal #2:

- 2 Slices Sprouted Flax bread (14 grams starch, 5 grams fibre per slice)
- 60 to 100 grams corned beef/roast beef/turkey
- 1 TBS Flax Oil

Meal #3:

- 1 to 1 1/2 Scoops Protein (shake - 42 grams protein)
- 1 TBS Natural PB

Meal #4:

- 1 8 to 10 Oz. Chicken breast, no skin, BBQ'd
- 1 Turkey/Chicken Sausage (6 grams fat, 21.5 grams protein)
- 1 HUGE-ASS salad (2 1/2 or 3 cups of assorted veggies at least, low-fat Thousand Island dressing, some soy-flour "bacon bits")
- Multivitamin

Meal #5 (This is my last meal about 2 or 3 hours before I conk out for the night):

- 1 to 1 1/2 Scoops Protein
- 1 TBS Natural PB

That's about how it sits. For a tiny guy like me it's enough, and I have made (surprised?) some gains off of it. I certainly seem to be getting enough protein for my weight, but I can admit I'm likely deficient in carbs to a degree. A number of starchy-dishes seem to bother my digestive system though, so I avoid potatoes/yams to a certain extent. Adding brown rice might be a possibility. I use the "sprouted flax bread" as a slow-burning carb because it's not made with flour of any kind, is high in fibre, and is more or less made exclusively from flax. Completely organic, not processed in the least - pretty much a more appetizing substitute for oats, or brown rice in my opinion.

During lifting days, I supplement with 10 grams creatine, and 15 grams glutamine - I also have half a banana before hand for energy. I don't take creatine on non-workout days due to the fact that the kind I use provides a large insulin spike (I need the spike to get anything out of creatine), and creatine also tends to give me the runs something fierce :rolleyes:

I'd ideally like to tweak the diet I have, rather than throwing it out completely. It doesn't strike me as unhealthy, but it needs something I think. Ideally, like almost everyone else, I'd like to put on lean weight (5 to 10 pounds?) and try to keep my BF % about the same as it is. If I contract the abs a wee bit, I have *most* of a six-pack, with the upper half being more defined. No I don't mean if I suck my gut in really hard :rolleyes:

I'd need to lose probably 2 or 3 pounds of BF to get them completely defined (I think).

I play hockey at a high level, so a huge ammount of muscle might slow me down, and really isn't a realistic goal given my build (I'm a goalie, I have to be quick, and no NHL goalie I've seen is a BB :D )

6 meals is really not an option - I'm not awake for long enough during the day. I don't get up at 8:00 a.m., and I'm not awake past midnight (at the latest) usually either. 5, if done correctly, should suffice I believe. I don't really have the financial resources to be buying ten pounds of high quality meat/eggs/etc. per week. I'll say one phrase: "financially starved university student". That should take care of all reasoning.

So... too much fat? Too much protein? Too few carbs? Too little fat/protein?

Alright... hit me.

*runs and hides*

Last edited:
A couple of things:

Playing hockey burns alot of calories, since you already have a fast metabolism, this isn't helping of course I wouldn't stop playing you just need.........

more calories. I would suggest upping carbs, they are very low. Find a low GI carb that agrees with you, brown rice is excellent.

If regular creatine bothers you try micronized creatine. AST makes an excellent product, they sell it with or without glucose.

Gotcha, other than those couple of things, how am I looking?

Not too much fat ot protein? Enough? Too little?

More or less on track?

And pretty much all creatine bothers me, I've tried a number of kinds :(

Can I assume that the relative total lack of comments mean I'm doing a decent job?

Or was that just too much to read? :D

Is that an 8-10 oz breast before cooking or after?

Probably 10 before, and no less than 8 after. They're very lean.

Alright, the lack of feedback here is making me think I haven't screwed up too much, and the diet is on track.

Silence means agreement does it not?

Thanks for sort of pointing me the right way I guess, heh.

:D

Back