• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Ronnie's Training

tenxyearsxgone

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
i do 5x5 for my first exercise of each bodypart...ie

5x5 for deads, squats, bench, military press

and 3x8 for everything else...and i've been making decent gains and im impressed so far. I know that ronnie does 3x12 for everything, i was curious because i heard that 12 reps is for getting cut, how the hell is he 310 and freaking HUGEEEE? im so lost!

Different people are different, but you have to remember Ronnie is on a ton of gear. Now if TUT is really whats important, alot of his reps are pretty fast, he rows 495 like its a box of donuts. However I have seen him do plenty of 2 rep and 8 rep sets, so I dont think this 12 rep stuff should be believed for every single set.

If you look at how Dorian trained, it was all heavy or bust. That is my current mode of thinking, I dont go above 8 reps on purpose.

thanks....but as far as high reps with heavy ass weight thats subjective, if he's benching 450 12 times for 3 sets thats heavy ass weight to us....but obviously not him if he gets 12. His 450 at 12 reps puts an equal force and tax on his muscles as 215 at 12 reps would put on mine. And as far as i know higher reps means you automatically are doing less weight for a longer TUT which equates to more strength/toneing/burning calories which gives a shredded look. While doing less reps does more weight and less tut with usually a bit more rest means more dense muscle, bigger muscle, and blockier, which i thought was good for a basis. That is why i am confused as to how ronnie gets both density, mass, and shredded.

If your doing 12 reps, that is not heavy training.

Equal force and taxation? Yeah right, thats why guys get pec tears doing 135x12 all the time :rolleyes:

Originally posted by tenxyearsxgone
While doing less reps does more weight and less tut with usually a bit more rest means more dense muscle, bigger muscle, and blockier, which i thought was good for a basis. That is why i am confused as to how ronnie gets both density, mass, and shredded.

Did you just make that up? :lol: Somehow lifting heavier makes me harder and bigger? Yet you are saying high reps is good for "getting toned?"

You "get harder" by dumping water, and that has nothing to do with your lifting.

Back