• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

I bought a Muscle Tech Protein Drink with 45 Grams of protien any advice

Antdan

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hi
My name is Anthony Daniels, I am 16 years old, and I weigh 210 and Im 5'11 and Im not solid I have a bench max of 200lbs even. I started weight training like a year ago, and Ive always been real skeptical about taking supplements until recently when one of the stronger kids in my weight train class said he drinks protien shakes. So I went out and bought a ensure high protien drinks with only 12grams of protien (my mom would only let me buy ensure at the time beacuse she had heard of them) that was this saturday when I bought and went to school and he told me he bought his Protien shakes from GNC so I went and asked the guy what should I buy to help build muscle mass and he told me to get " Nitro-Tech Whey protein Drink RTD "( RTD means ready to drink) with 0 carbs and fat free its like a punch it has 40grams of protiens in it and I read that I should drink it post workout to have the best effects and I would like to know if anyone has any advice for me to get more muscle and what do you think about amino acids and do they help to build more muscle beacuse Im considering buying some and if so what type

protein supplements can be usefull. It all depends on your diet though. I rely heavily on protein supplements because I need alot of protein and it is not easy for me to eat all my protein. The supplements are very convienent, no cooking, no cleaning.

It is best to take your protein supplement post training as you want quick absorbtion and food doesn't cut it there.

I think you are better off with a powder rather than the RTD, from what I understand the protein does degrade when it is in liquid over time.

I would suggest Optimum 100% whey (very economical), if you can afford it VP2 by AST is one of the best.

As far as separate amino acids, you don't need them if you are taking in enough protein. Your whey protein powder will cover your amino needs. Amino acids are broken down protein.

I'd only use those RTD drinks when in a crunch, but I certainly would not make them part of my regular diet. You'd be better off using a powder. It's cheaper and better quality.

And stay away from GNC. They are raping your wallet. ;)

I tried one of those Muscle Tech drinks - I couldn't consume the whole thing at once....always ended up saving half of it for later.

Yea I did Notice How some of the GNC products are more expensive

Originally posted by naturalguy
protein supplements can be usefull. It all depends on your diet though. I rely heavily on protein supplements because I need alot of protein and it is not easy for me to eat all my protein. The supplements are very convienent, no cooking, no cleaning.

It is best to take your protein supplement post training as you want quick absorbtion and food doesn't cut it there.

I think you are better off with a powder rather than the RTD, from what I understand the protein does degrade when it is in liquid over time.

I would suggest Optimum 100% whey (very economical), if you can afford it VP2 by AST is one of the best.

As far as separate amino acids, you don't need them if you are taking in enough protein. Your whey protein powder will cover your amino needs. Amino acids are broken down protein.

i agree with that

and GNC is expensive, i still shop there because there ain't a lot of choice in my area, i probably need to research UK supplement site better, I remember this 1 site someone gave me a while ago, prices were 25-33% cheaper on supplements than GNC, but I forgot the site :(

i'm pretty stacked up from maximuscle so i should be okay at the moment

Well Im not when I bought the Protein Drinks I bought it only came with 4 so I hope I get some more money to go back and Buy the powder shakes and Gnc is the cloest place in my area too

here's some advice..don't buy Muscletech

Thanks if I go back this week end ill rember that

I agree, don't buy Muscle-tech. Mainly cause I simply appall the way their reps are massive and they all claim they got they way by only using Muscle-tech products and creatine :rolleyes: One guy lied through his teeth to me at the Olympia Expo, couldn't believe it!!!

Anyway, you did good by picking one with low or zero carbs :thumb: I use Isopure by Nature's Best but I don't think GNC carries it :scratch:

ProPerformance is GNC's bodybuilding brand and may be a cheaper way for you to go then buying the name brand stuff. Protein is protein. Find a flavor you like and go for it!

BTW, I have a 15 yr old son who's been lifting with my husband, fade, and I for 1.5 yrs. So I always try to help you young guys, guess it's the mom in me :D

IML Gear Cream!
Thanks alot for the adivce My Mom was skeptical about me taking supplements unlees I buy them from GNC where she gets all her vitamins from

Good job IAB :thumb:

Originally posted by Antdan
Yea I did Notice How some of the GNC products are more expensive

They are there to make a profit (they are a franchise), online is cheaper is basically what is being said.

GNC, at least in my region, has stopped carrying nearly everyone elses products to peddle thier own lines.

Online IS DEF. cheaper.

Syntrax is a great online source for supplements.

dude, i just had the worst experience at Vitamin shoppe... i was going to get some melatonin and ended up grabbing some glutamine and muscle milk... anyway, i weighted in line for 10 mins, had my stuff on the counter, i went over to the discount bin dealy... and this old lady walks in and goes to the same spot my stuff was and before i knew it, she was being helped...

so I walk back over there... kind of tapping on my leg... and she had placed an order... so the stupid clerk spent like 10 minutes pulling his head out of his ass to get her order from the back and get her rang up... then the suppies are wrong... she didn't get the right dosage or some crap... so I'm still waiting...

I ended up waiting like 30 minutes and still no service... since i walked in the store i didn't even get a greeting from the retard when i came in, no eye contact or anything... then all he says to me after like 20 mins is, I'll be with you in a minute sir... no sorry or anything... what a SOB... anyway, i grabbed my stuff and put it back where it belonged and walked out.... not surprisingly he said nothing to me...

grrrrr....

guess I'll be doing more shopping online...

Originally posted by Antdan
Thanks alot for the adivce My Mom was skeptical about me taking supplements unlees I buy them from GNC where she gets all her vitamins from

tell your mom not to worry about you supplementing with protein. protein is a natural and essential part of your diet, whether you're getting it from the food you eat or the whey protein powder you buy.
in other words, protein shakes are not bad for you at all, unless you're mom doesnt want you to grow huge muscles and have all the ladies all over you:thumb:

i agree with baboon, go to the vitamin shop. much bigger variety, cheaper, and i dont know if its only the one near me, but the employees are super nice and helpful.... :thumb:

Originally posted by HoldDaMayo
guess I'll be doing more shopping online...

D'OH!

Sorry, dude. I go into any retail store knowing full well that I will not be dealing with rockets scientists for clerks. :D

Hey Hold -- Syntrax is where it's at I'm telling ya. You talk about fast service. I just ordered some stuff and two days later......received it. No special delivery was picked....Talk about fast shipping. Check it out. I'm impressed.

Thanks for all the advice but until I get my drivers Linecence in March Im stuck going to GNC beacuse its the closest to me

IML Gear Cream!
Heres some advice I wish I had done when I was about 16.

Get a checking account at a bank. Then when you save a bit of money, get a money order from any place that will give you one.
Then send the money order in and buy things online with it. You will save a TON of money, and you can buy the products discreetly if your worried your mother thinks protein is a steroid of something like that.

Forget anything muscletech, and stick with optimum whey 10 lb bag of protein. Only costs 45 dollars at massnutrition ... and for someone your size, will last you probably two months. Mix it with milk, and it tastes like chocolate milk:D

Creatine is good too, even when your young.

Stick with a good diet, and youve got a good start :D

Thanks yea when I get my first job Im gonna get a account

Back