• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Tap water

Pinnacle

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Is there anything wrong with drinking tap water aside from the fact that it tastes like cra... I mean chlorine? Has anyone noticed a difference when drinking botted or distilled H2O, aside from a lighter wallet and heavier grocery cart?
Thanks in advance for any insight.
P

Its just as good as bottled water IMO!

Originally posted by Jodi
Its just as good as bottled water IMO!

I have heard that in many cases, tap water is better than bottled water. Most of the water I drink is tap water. If I drank all bottled water, I'd be broke. :D

I think the aftertaste that Evian and Poland Springs produces is ASS NASTY. Dasani and Aquafina are more tolerable.

I do like Dasani the best but I just buy a 1L every few days for the bottle. :laugh:

Originally posted by Jodi
I do like Dasani the best but I just buy a 1L every few days for the bottle. :laugh:

I do the same thing. Once a week or so, I buy a bottled water just to get a new, fresh empty bottle. :) :)

Bottled water removes most of the minerals I believe, I just have 2 gallon jugs and fill them up when they empty, with tap water.

Our tap water is crap too. I have a brita water filter that makes it taste pretty good.

Thanks for the replies. Just what I wanted to hear!
P

The tap water in my town is pretty crappy too. I haven't drank that shit in ages!

IML Gear Cream!
yeah, the tap water is really poor tasting... i buy dasani bottles and refill them with sparkletts water from the big 2.5 gallon jugs... cheaper and I actually prefer drinking out of the plastic bottles... guess i'm just wierd like that...

IMO I don't like Tap water. After seeing a water test. You'll all change your mind and switch to a water purifying system.

I too like Dasani. Which I only purchase if I forget my water from home. I do the same thing Mudge does, except I don't use Tap Water.....I fill my gallons up with my water system. Fresh water.!!!! tastes great!

Okay....I have researched.....are you ready for the science?

I buy one liter dasani bottles, and the Big Propel bottles also about once every 2-3 wks. I sterilize them at home, and fill them up with my filtered water system at home. :)

Bottled vs. Tap
Whether bottled water is better than tap water, and justifies its expense, remains under debate. Stephen Kay, vice president of the IBWA, says member bottlers are selling the quality, consistency and safety that bottled water promises, and providing a service for those whose municipal systems do not provide good quality drinking water.

"Bottled water is produced and regulated exclusively for human consumption," Kay says. "Some people in their municipal markets have the luxury of good water. Others do not."

Thornley, of the Minnesota Department of Health, agrees that consumers can depend on bottled water's safety and quality. But he says consumers should feel the same way about the quality of their tap water. Tap water may sometimes look or taste differently, he says, but that doesn't mean it's unsafe. In fact, the most dangerous contaminants are those that consumers cannot see, smell or taste, he says. But consumers don't need to worry about their presence, he adds. Municipal water systems serving 25 people or more are subject to the federal Safe Drinking Water Act. As such, the water constantly and thoroughly tested for harmful substances, he says. If there is a problem, consumers will be warned through the media or other outlets.

"In lieu of being told otherwise, consumers should feel confident of the safety of their water," Thornley says.

Dr. Robert Ophaug, a professor of oral health at the University of Minnesota School of Dentistry, notes that tap water has another advantage many people don't think about: It typically contains fluoride. Many communities have elected to add fluoride to drinking water to promote strong teeth and prevent tooth decay in residents, though some groups continue to oppose this practice and believe it's detrimental to health.

Ophaug says bottled water often does not have fluoride added to it. Or, if it has been purified through reverse osmosis or distillation, the fluoride may have been removed. People who drink mostly bottled water, especially those who have children, need to be aware of this, he says. They may need to use supplemental fluoride that is available by prescription from dentists or doctors. The supplements are usually recommended for children ages 7 to 16. Fluoride supplements cost around $15 for a three-month supply.

"At the least, inform the children's dentist or doctor that you are relying on bottled water," Ophaug says.

The IBWA says there are more than 20 brands of bottled water with added fluoride available to consumers today. When fluoride is added to bottled water, the FDA requires that the term "fluoridated," "fluoride added," or "with added fluoride" be used on the label. Consumers interested in how much fluoride bottled water contains can usually find out by contacting individual companies directly.

My workplace provides water coolers with spring water, since my company is situated close to TWO Superfund sites. If you drank the tap water here, you would glow at night.

At home the tap water is pretty decent. I buy 3 gallons of bottled water a week for home use, but drink a combination of bottled and tap.

I live in a community where the tap water has consistently won national awards for quality - even though I sometimes suspect it's because of the protein enrichment we receive when we occasionally get tiny minnows swimming into our mouths while drinking the stuff....

I like Dasani....but I tend to buy a few bottles of something and keep recirculating them, using tap water for refills.
Actually, I think your community is supposed to keep a constant record of the quality of water - and what additives are put in it.

buy a freaking filter,,,, one of those britas pitchers is like 15 plus filters are like 6 bucks and last about 2 months, keep tap water in the fridge and just filter in brita when thirsty !!!!! cheap and easy

Just get rid of the chlorine with a filter, you can go to ebay and get the NSA filters for cheap they last 3-5 years.

And if you are concerned for chlorine absorbtion, the body absorbs more from a hot bath (400% vs drinking) . Many scalp conditions and even types os asma are related to the chlorine vapor in a hot bath. Just get a filter for your bath too, you will feel the difference.

Right next to my gym I have a water filtration store called "Water To Go" It's sweet. Supplements.. Herbal stuff... Keto Fuel Foods.. Oils & Lotions and like a 9 step filtration system for water. Best water I've ever tasted. :) cheap too $.83 a gallon!

IML Gear Cream!
plus you can swipe your card when the store is closed and fill up your water OUTSIDE THE STORE!!!!

I have a motto...

BUY a filter, or BE a filter.

Tap water taste like crap and God only knows what is actually in it. This year we had two kids die of menigitus within the same week. They contracted from the city drinking water. If you have five gallon jugs filled it casts .25 gallon. Nobody says you gotta run out a buy a puney bottle of water everytime you want bottled water. I just keep 15 gallons of bottle water at home at all times and just keep refilling a 1 liter bottle

Back