• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

So how DID the Arnold end up in Columbus, OH???

butterfly

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Anyone know?

I cannot answer that one. I'll ask around at the gym tonight.

I do and can tell you this. I doubt they'll change it. The Expo here in Columbus Ohio brings in 50,000 people and over 72 million bucks

Wow! That's alot of $$

Heck yeah it is. They'd lose some buckos

Originally posted by Prince
$72 million, huh?

and they still pay the top ten winners like shit.
:rofl:

babs ... is the expo free like at the Olympia?

we might kick in a few dollars towards that 72 million if we could get cheap airfare - otherwise we're pressed at having to go to Cancun - or back to Vegas. :hehe:

No you have to purchase tickets each day. Plus parking.

The Arnold Expo is soooo crowded. You're literally shoulder to shoulder. MANY MANY booths. It's awsome. If you go to watch figure, fitness or the BB's you might want to show up early or you'll find yourself standing from afar and on your tip toes.

I was looking at a map of the convention center there in Columbus and there are several hotels within walking distance. We were thinking of staying at one of those so we wouldn't need a car rental... save some $$ you know.

The Hyatt is very nice! Talk about walking distance.

IML Gear Cream!
At the Olympia, I was lead to believe that our row F tickets were good seats. They had not told me there was floor seating ... is it the same there? I thought we were too far away to really enjoy the competition. If we were to go and had similar seats, I'd think about buying a camera with a zoom lens to at least get some decent photos.

TP says there is a club road to keep us occupied during the evenings ... are the clubs close to the convention center?

thanks for the info babs.

Originally posted by naturaltan
At the Olympia, I was lead to believe that our row F tickets were good seats. They had not told me there was floor seating ... is it the same there? I thought we were too far away to really enjoy the competition. If we were to go and had similar seats, I'd think about buying a camera with a zoom lens to at least get some decent photos.

TP says there is a club road to keep us occupied during the evenings ... are the clubs close to the convention center?

thanks for the info babs.

You don't pay for seating here. You just crowd around the stage. The fee you do pay is the entrance fee to get into the Expo Center. You can get darn near the front of the stage and touch it if you like.

LOL......At the Arnold, you'll still need a digital zoom carmera and you'll nearly have to hold it in the air if you have some tall chic or guy standing in front of you and you don't have seats.

THERE ARE DEF. CLUBS ALL AROUND COLUMBUS. CLOSE TOO. Is you stay at the Hyatt Regency, there is a club just inside the hotel. The better clubs are in the Bewery District in Down Town Columbus. Not far from the Convention Center. You can walk or take a cab.

The Arnold Classic ending up in Columbus because that is where Arnold's close friend and business partner (Jim Lorimer) is located.

HEY LORRAINE..............YOU hot mamma

How's it going? I been to your site more than a couple times.

Hey BabiesGirl! You've got me :blushing:

I'm doing okay. You train at the World's in Worthington, right? I was just there last weekend. Did I meet you? Do you train with Davies?

lol. Don't blush.

I didn't met you and yes I train at worlds. Not with Davies...GREAT guy don't get me wrong......I train with Gordon. I'm sure you know his wife Jodi?

What's new with Davies? he's been hitting the mags like crazy. Him and Jen. Will you be at the Arnold this year?

FINALLY...SOMEONE I CAN RELATE TO....UGH.....whew...

No worries about Davies. It just seems like he trains everyone in that gym. Every time I'm there I meet more new clients.

I'd probably know Jodi if I saw a pic of her. I'm really bad with remembering names.

Same ole...same ole with Davies. Working himself silly taking care of his clients.

Yes, I will be at the Arnold. :D Hopefully, they'll ask me to be an awards presenter again. I had a lot of fun doing it last year.

FINALLY...SOMEONE I CAN RELATE TO....UGH.....whew...
Huh? :confused:

What I meant from your quote is: It's nice to chat with someone who actually relates to where I'm from and train.

I hear ya about Davies taking care of his girls.

I'm trying to think if I have a pic of Jodi or not scanned in. I would recommend a website where our pics were of our last competition in Indiana BUT, the website was taken down. Don't know why.

Okay...Maybe I'll see ya at the Expo. It is March 5-7th next year unless things change. I will be at the World's Booth.

Originally posted by BabsieGirl
What I meant from your quote is: It's nice to chat with someone who actually relates to where I'm from and train.

Ahh...okay. Yah, you don't know how many people I run into that think I live in Columbus. LOL!

Okay...Maybe I'll see ya at the Expo.

I'll definitely stop by your booth. :)

IML Gear Cream!
I can see why they'd think you're from Columbus. I bet mostly because of Davies.

Also, did you go to the Ohio Competition at the Aladin Shrine this year?

yeah...def. stop by the booth..............We'll take a couple pics

Alright chic....I'm off to la la land. I'm sooooo beat. hard work out this evening.

Nice chatting again.

Originally posted by BabsieGirl
You don't pay for seating here. You just crowd around the stage. The fee you do pay is the entrance fee to get into the Expo Center. You can get darn near the front of the stage and touch it if you like.

LOL......At the Arnold, you'll still need a digital zoom carmera and you'll nearly have to hold it in the air if you have some tall chic or guy standing in front of you and you don't have seats.

THERE ARE DEF. CLUBS ALL AROUND COLUMBUS. CLOSE TOO. Is you stay at the Hyatt Regency, there is a club just inside the hotel. The better clubs are in the Bewery District in Down Town Columbus. Not far from the Convention Center. You can walk or take a cab.
I bet the Hyatt Regency is pretty pricey huh???

I think its $80+ per night. Not too bad. I don't know if the prices jump that weekend or not. I would think they may get booked up. Do you want me to get their phone number and post it here if you all want to call?

MAYBE WE CAN ALL GET TOGETHER!!!!!!!!?

350 North High Street, Columbus, OH 43215

Hyatt Regency Columbus

...631 rooms, including 16 suites, and Hyatt Business PlanTM rooms...connected to the new Greater Columbus Convention Center complex...65,000 sq. ft. of meeting space, including 15,500 sq. ft. ballroom and 32 meeting rooms. Try the Market Stand Cafe for all-day casual dining, private dining room for fine dining and the Big Bar on Two, an open air lounge in a casual, elegant setting. Located in the heart of the Arena District, adjacent to the Short North Arts District, five...

Here is the information site:
http://www.orbitz.com/App/Landing?s...eID=30&hostSystem=HDS&chainCode=HY&propId=927

I believe they are already booked up.

OKay. I just called to verify the internet was accurate AND YES...THEY ARE ALREADY BOOKED. Most of the Hotels are already booked for the weekend. HOWEVER...the gal I spoke with on the phone says......there is another Hyatt which is 7 blocks south of them.......they have availability march 5th thru 7th and it's $244 per night.

The number is: ( and i was thinking of your phone bill....so it's 800)
1-800-233-1234

Who all from IM is planning on attending the Arnold Expo?

So far...

me & fade
DaMayor
TP
maybe the NT's

Sweet. Leslie will be there also.

J'Bo may go also. Burner is thinking about it.

Back