• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

hard and lots or slow and few

ogion

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
ok heres a question, if u wanna build mass muscle, would it b better 2 lift say, 3 sets of 10 reps of weights so u r knackered @ the end or 3 sets of 3 reps so u r equally as knackered @ the end.
so u r just using like double the weight in the 3 sets of 3 reps?:confused:

Basically go with a weight you can get about 5 times with a spotter and do 4-5 sets. On the last set get some nice forced reps. That'll give you some bulk. Also try adding some negitives and partials to that.

goodluck man

cheers fellas, but 2 questions, whats forced reps? (is that when u go 1/2 way and cant go any further, but u do anyway?) and whats negitives and partials? - sorry 4 my dumb arrse questions.

i swear there is no answer to this question... it's like asking... what makes a car fast? gimme a break... you say horsepower and you're not going anywhere without a tranny... you say drivetrain and you're not going anywhere without tires... and did you bother to ask what kind of terrain the vehicle will be riding on? building a rally car, a quarter mile car, and a circuit car require COMPLETELY different equipment and upgrades...

I feel this question is just too vague...

Originally posted by vanity
3 sets of 6-8 reps.

I somewhat agree but i think only in terms of compound exercises, for example chest flats, inclines, military press's, deadlifts, etc does a person do 6-8 reps, some ppl even do 4-6 reps in order to pack muscle on.
Also it might just be me, but i never feel satisfied with just 3 working sets for a compound exercise, i try and do 4.
I feel for muscles like biceps, triceps and non-compound exercises for the larger parts, you need about 8-12 reps. In my opinion different exercises require a different number of reps...

i think i agree also, yesterday i increased my weights conciderably and 2day i am very sore. i did 3 sets of 4-5 reps and i can feel it 2day. i had no spotter so i couldn't go 2 hard thou. on my last rep i slowed it right down. doing it this way i also had more time 2 do other excersises 2. i think i will keep doing this 4 a while.

mixing up your routine from time to time is always a good idea.

yeah i read about that, then yer muscles dont get stagnant and go in2 that void where u dont improve ay.

Back