• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Losing fat at low BF%

SZ03

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Ok guys here is the deal. Just this morning I had my BF% and RMR tested.

My RMR is at 2679 kcal/24 hr and my BF% was tested with DEXA at 7.9%. The Breakdown was like this: Arms 5%, Legs 7.2%, and trunk (chest and belly) at 9.1%.

Obviously I am holding more fat at the stomach area, which I expected.

I am 6'0 around 200-203 pounds.

I would like to get down to a nice 6% or so. How do I go about it? I know at relatively lower BF% it gets trickier since I can lose a lot of lean mass along with the fat.

I did order some ab-solved to see if it can help me get rid of some extra belly fat.

How much should i decrease my dialy caloric deficit and how much should i burn through exercise? I was at about 15% and i lost bodyfat through exercise alone and kept my calories around 2,800 calories.

Should i keep doing that? Does anyone with more experience than me (at dieting at lower BF%) have some advice to offer on how much of caloric deficit I should try to create everey day (how slow I need to take it) and how much should come from exercise and/or cutting calories.

I do take EC before lifting for the extra boost (3 times a week for the last 2 months or so)

Thanks for the help

you cannot spot reduce!!!!

I am a believer of that but for 20 bucks a bottle it was worth a shot. Started using it today. Do you have a general guidline as to what I need to do with my caloric deficit?

yep - we've heard and learned forever that "you can't spot reduce" but it seems like it's time to update our thinking. people are seeing major results with avant's topicals - lipoderm and absolved. i've used neither but based on the experience of gopro, leslie, jodi and many others as well as the science behind it - i'm a believer.

I'd like to see a study done on that.

Preferrably done on a person that has HONESTLY dieted & trained for quite some time and still has problems losing the fat around the abdominal area. Till this person is at the point where lipo suction is needed as a final resort!

It's just like stretch marks. Prove the fact that a lotion can remove your stretchmarks and cosmetic surgery does not need to be done.

I'm sorry. I'm not trying to put TP & his products down. I'm just saying it's hard to believe.

I have been training, dieting and practising cardio and I have yet to discover a "gel or lotion" that will spot reduce around any trouble areas.

Just like cutting gel -- I believe that's false advertisement. The maker claims to spot reduce, etc.........Paid $110 for cutting gel and the only thing it did was REDUCE the APPEARANCE.

Someone give me a bottle of ab-solve and if it works, I'll forever where a shirt that says: I'M A BELIEVER OF SPOT REDUCING, PROVEN BY AVANT LABS!

Sorry you guys. This is just my opinion.

i hear ya. took me awhile to come around. but we're talking about experienced competitors who monitor their diets and training very closely. so if they had a stubborn area where fat was stored that was measurably changed by using the product - and nothing else was altered....then i believe. there are a bunch of good threads i can link.

Absolved & LipoY works great for me and many others. Apparantely you never read the feedback columns.

...Absolved worked wonderfully on my wife. I would say it worked for me too, but I did not do the measurements to prove it.

Originally posted by nikegurl
i hear ya. took me awhile to come around. but we're talking about experienced competitors who monitor their diets and training very closely. so if they had a stubborn area where fat was stored that was measurably changed by using the product - and nothing else was altered....then i believe. there are a bunch of good threads i can link.

I read Jodi's when she started trying it and she quoted that it was working for her. IMO, I feel it should be used as a last resort. With that being said, nothing against Jodi BUT, that was her first competition. Starting out, I thought her abdominal area looked great. Not competition great but good in general. It was flat and she had an overal great appearance to that specific area in the begining.

Call me old fashion. Just got burned on $110 bucks for cutting gel and it didn't work for me. I won't spend anymore money on spot reducers.

Anyone (I'm talking who wasn't and is NOT preparing for a competition) have any before and after pics?

For me I believe it wouldn't work. Only because my plastic surgeon has stated that no amount of exercise or further change in my diet will remove the fat I have around my navel. The only way it will go away is with Lipo. Now, that's a guarantee!

Originally posted by BabsieGirl
Only because my plastic surgeon has stated that no amount of exercise or further change in my diet will remove the fat I have around my navel. The only way it will go away is with Lipo.

Wow! Why would he say something like that?:scratch: :)

Originally posted by Pepper
Wow! Why would he say something like that?:scratch: :)

:shrug: maybe it's true.

Originally posted by nikegurl
or if you buy from avant's website you get their guarantee - return it for money back if you don't like it. (just a thought)

i know leslie has measurements posted in this thread:

http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21448&highlight=absolved

i've heard a lot of bad feedback on the cutting gel by the way.

I know about the money back by avant. I just don't feel right doing sending things back.

I'll check out Leslies.

I will NEVER recommend cutting gel to anyone. It's too expensive of a product to use and not have work for you or atleast do what it says it does.

Thanks NG:thumb:

or maybe b/c he makes his living operating? (my point being - don't give up yet!)

like i said - i've never used the lipoderm ultra or the absolved but i probably will eventually. it's unusual to see so many people agreeing that something works well especially when it goes against all the old school stuff we've been taught about it being impossible to spot reduce.

Originally posted by BabsieGirl
With that being said, nothing against Jodi BUT, that was her first competition.

What does that have to do with anything?

Starting out, I thought her abdominal area looked great. Not competition great but good in general. It was flat and she had an overal great appearance to that specific area in the begining.!
Quite the opposite actually. Remember BB is alot of illusion. I hold ALL my bodyfat in my abs. I do have small hips but my stomach is my biggest problem. The day I competed my waist was still 27" Its a 28.5" right now and I started ab-solved again

What are the ingredients in those two products by avant?

I'll take that information and present it to my plastic surgeon and see what he says. BTW -- this plastic surgeon is my friend and has been for some time, I doubt he'd fib to me.

I hear what you're saying NG -- Some of the hardest things to remove from our mind is what has been driven/pounded in for so many years.

For the most part I agree with Babsie girl here, but I haven't tried the product so I can't say from experience. Please don't start yelling at me for this but I just think sometimes if someone really wants something to work then they'll tell themselves that it does regardless.

Absolved and Lipo do not by any means perform miracles. Obviously lipo will suck all ab fat out. But most people do not have the money and/or are not willing to take the risk.

While its true you cannot spot reduce- you can "assist" or "prompt" areas that never seem to burn fat to do so. This is called fat mobilizing. Its not a magic cream as you have to be in a calric deficit in order for it to work.There are plenty of scientific write ups over at Avant, which obviously you have not read. There are reasons why women and men store fat where they do. And I do not have the time or energy ( I am sick) to go in to detail here.

Bottomline is both products have worked for me. First competition I lost alot of weight without it. Only my leg/ass measurements didnt go down much til the final 2 weeks of cutting. I get emaciated on top before ewven losing an ounce bottomwise. This year with Avant lipoderm- my measurements went down simultaneously and evenly. Coincidence, I think not.

I will say since I was at Avants booth and mod there- I am a bit biased, but results are results.

I agree there are many scams out there in the supplement indsutry, but to put a product down that you didnt try, moreso have not read a word on what it is, is simply ignorant.

The ingredients of the products are at Avants site. You know www.avantlabs.com

Also, I have know Jodi for along time now and can tell you her ab area has always been a problem for her. Bitch has good legs though:p But she lost more ab fat with absolved then ever before and she has been cutting forever.

I will say since I was at Avants booth and mod there- I am a bit biased, but results are results.

Yes and I used the Absolved LONG before I ever became a moderator as well.

The ingredients of the products are at Avants site. You know www.avantlabs.com

Great feedback listed as well :thumb:

Also, I have know Jodi for along time now and can tell you her ab area has always been a problem for her. Bitch has good legs though But she lost more ab fat with absolved then ever before and she has been cutting forever.

Damn Straight :D

I still don't understand what losing ab fat and my FIRST competition have to do with each other..............

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by Jodi
What does that have to do with anything?

because when you diet down for a competition, you lose more weight/fat especially when you dehydrate

Quite the opposite actually. Remember BB is alot of illusion. I hold ALL my bodyfat in my abs. I do have small hips but my stomach is my biggest problem. The day I competed my waist was still 27" Its a 28.5" right now and I started ab-solved again

My abs and inner thighs are TROUBLE areas. Let me ask you this, how long did it take it to work for you? Maybe I'll give it a try. I'm just bumming because of cutting gel. I ended up giving the second bottle away that's how upset I was

I have to agree with absolved and lipoderm y. Both products are cutting edge technology. I have read hundreds of other testimonials on other boards and just ask people like 1fast how much of this stuff he sells. People buy it for a reason, it works. Lipoderm works better in woman on thighs and hips and absolved works better on abdominal fat in men. I bet your plastic surgeon has never even heard of these. And it does work best for people under 10% bf. If you are above that, nothing but a good diet will help.

Cutting gel is nothing close to this and cutting gel is a rip-off.

2.5 weeks and I lost my first inch.

I read Jodi's when she started trying it and she quoted that it was working for her. IMO, I feel it should be used as a last resort. With that being said, nothing against Jodi BUT, that was her first competition. Starting out, I thought her abdominal area looked great. Not competition great but good in general. It was flat and she had an overal great appearance to that specific area in the begining.

And still............what does it matter if it was my FIRST competition and why the No Offense?? This still doesn't make sense and has absolutely nothing to do with each other.

BTW, you don't loose fat when you dehydrate.

Originally posted by Leslie
I agree there are many scams out there in the supplement indsutry, but to put a product down that you didnt try, moreso have not read a word on what it is, is simply ignorant.

Get it straight please. I WAS NOT PUTTING AVANT PRODUCTS DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!! My comments were general comments.

Originally posted by dg806
BTW, you don't loose fat when you dehydrate.

no but your appearance is thinner. which is what I was saying...when you diet down you lose weight and fat.

I have to agree with absolved and lipoderm y. Both products are cutting edge technology. I have read hundreds of other testimonials on other boards and just ask people like 1fast how much of this stuff he sells. People buy it for a reason, it works. Lipoderm works better in woman on thighs and hips and absolved works better on abdominal fat in men. I bet your plastic surgeon has never even heard of these. And it does work best for people under 10% bf. If you are above that, nothing but a good diet will help.

I wasn't knocking on Avant or those products.

The reasons why I asked for the ingredients were so I can ask him question in regards to what it does to the skin and how cuts into your fat cells.

Cutting gel is nothing close to this and cutting gel is a rip-off.

I agree

Originally posted by Jodi
2.5 weeks and I lost my first inch.

And still............what does it matter if it was my FIRST competition and why the No Offense?? This still doesn't make sense and has absolutely nothing to do with each other.

Because when competitors start to cut, their diets are not the average diets. No Normal person would cut their calories that low. Are your calories (right now) based off your competition diet 6 weeks out and continually descreasing?

Back