• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

oh god.. pushups!

prophet

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Doing pushups involves your slow twitch muscle fibers, as does benching. When your pushing, your using your triceps, your shoulders, your back and your chest, as with benching. its the same movement, only body weight, not free weight. i know for a fact it helped my strength, the reason i went from 335 to 345 was pushups alone. Now i'm 6'4 and 260 lbs, so my body weight is ultimately greater than yours (im assuming) so it would affect me in a different way then you.
How does it help mass? Have you ever seen a wrestler? im talking real wrestling, not pro wrestling. 90% of what they do is ALL body weight exercise and look how ripped up they are.
And how doesn't endurance help your bench? i'll give an easy example, if your maxing out on bench and say your on a third attempt of 325. You rest for 5 minutes, your muscles will recover faster, or atleast be used to the amount of strain your going to put on them, so you'll have a better shot at pushing up the weight than you would if you hadn't done some kind of endurance exercise.

335 to 345 based on pushups alone? right.. this is a quote from a guy at this car message board i go to.. we've been debating back and forth on the benefits (or lack thereof) of pushups.. he stays strong to the belief that they help him a lot and should be included in everyone's routine

he is an idiot that knows nothing about the body and hypertrophy. you can tell him taht I said that too.;)

nevermind, he basically conceded to me.. but i would have let him know, gr81.. lol

hershal walker did mostly pushups for his chest routine(like 1000 a day) and he was very strong with a large chest. I think it is possible with good genetics and amazing intensity.

Every general rule in the world is going to have an exception to the rule. nothing is always true. If I said that humans have 5 fingers, someone out there is gonna say that they have 4. does that mean that humans don't generally have 5 fingers? Just b/c One person did hella pushups that doesn't mean it is a good idea for someone else to do it when they are looking to build an impressive chest, it just won't happen. your body adapts to that minimal amount of resistence right away. how hard can something be when you can do 1000 of them for gods sake? little girls can do hella pushups, they are useless IMO if you are looking to build mass.

Originally posted by prophet
335 to 345 based on pushups alone? right.. this is a quote from a guy at this car message board i go to.. we've been debating back and forth on the benefits (or lack thereof) of pushups.. he stays strong to the belief that they help him a lot and should be included in everyone's routine

maybe he should stick to giving advice about cars. :)

I agree with your reasoning, but there are a variety of ways to do and add difficulty to regular pushups. I am in the military and have seen quite a few people develope good mass with just pushups, although I think it is only a good mass builder for beginners. People who already have a good base from BB will see few results.

i honestly do not see the benefit in pushups.. too easy, quick plateau.. i might use to warmup but that's about it

Pushups are a good way for beginners to quickly gain strength and endurance. For BB who have been at it a while I don't think they'll see any benefit really.

Plus they're fun. :nut:

Back