• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Glutamine In The Middle Of The Night

bigbrownbear

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I figured that the only way for me to get the full benefit of using this stuff is in the middle of night, instead of having a protein shake - which is what i usually do on my way to bathroom.

I figured that as i have about 70/80g protein in each meal x 6/7 from first thing in the am to last thin at pm, i would'nt need the nocturnal protein - so ive swithced to 20/30g glutamine instead.

Good idea

p.s i know the protein is mega high - but i only grow when it is

You don't need to take it mid night!
Never ever break up your sleep for the sake of supplements. Sleep is most important. It's only in the high deep wave sleep, our natural growth hormones get stimulated and our body GROWS MOST.
Juat take 10-15 g of L-Glutamine before oign to bed with plain luke warm water

Agreed, do not interrupt your sleep for anything. Get your food thru the day. Don???t interrupt your sleep cycle for anything, from what I hear when you interrupt your sleep cycle and go back to sleep you cycle starts all over again and that???s not good. As you go thru the nigh your time in REM sleep increases and that???s when the body pretty much recovers. So when you interrupt your sleep you don???t get as much time in REM sleep as you would with a full night sleep.

I dont agree. If super serious, take some slow acting protein 4 h into you sleep. It is true that we sleep in cycles, but everynight there are 2 of them (assuming u sleep for 8 h) so getting up inbetween them is not a problem. Sure u grow whilst sleeping if you have enough buildingblocks (ie protein) and giving the body even more protein when sleeping will give u better results.
And I would divide my glutamine evenly over the day.

Just my opinion, plz dont start at fight about this ;)

This is what I found. Looks like REM sleep has nothing to do with physical repair. It more of a mental thing.
sleepchart-s.gif

Yup...Don't interrupt your sleep for ANYTHING...not for food, not for fire, not for bathroom...Nothing! Don't worry about the mess, that's what washing machines are for!

If i can sleep all night i will - dont u worry, plus i have an awesome magnetic bed, which just knocks me out, but generally i need to off load a litre and half about 4 hours into my sleep. Ive been doing casein/whey combo for a little while now, but just thought i'd switch to 20g of glutamine instead, as its lighter on the stomach, and i dont have to really be conscious about having it, whilst the whole shake thing can sometimes wake me up just gulping the stuff down.

Chris aceto has a few of his guys doing glutamine in the middle of the night, so i thought it would be a good time to get mine in, as i only get achance in the morning, and before/during/afterworkout. Nightime i have a casein/whey/hemp shake. so no room for glutamine.

Back