• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

ebay experiences

Momma2

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I just bought my second thing ever from ebay first one a couple years back went well, this time I'm getting worried. I sent this guy a casheirs check and have not heard from him since.
He received it Tuesday, I tracked it.
Has anyone had any bad experiences with ebay ?

You may have a problem. Did you read his "feedback"? How many transactions did he have on his record?

yes i had but i used paypal and they solved the problem, i would notify ebay if he doesn't respond, you have 30 days from auctin ending to file a complant, also eba has forums were you can ask for some advice. they are very helpful

Yes, I read all his feedback most positive, 9 negative and they said slow ship. he has 377 transactions.
I tried paypal, it wouldn't allow my credit card, I guess since I was a new user. I planned on doing it that way to get protection from paypal and visa.
Thanks for your responses, I didn't know I had 30 days to make a
complaint if I don't hear something today I will do just that as well as give negative feedback.

I really do love ebay but have had one problem which I wasn't very happy with. I've had around 40 transactions. Several months ago I made an order to this guy for $80, it wasn't insured. I contacted him over and over, no response. He had decent feedback, 10 positives, no negatives, no neutrals. I filed a complaint. Sent e-mails to ebay staff, tried to get the guys telephone number to complain...They didn't help much. Turns out along with my negatives, 4 others got ripped off too. Of course his account got terminated, but I never got a refund and was out $80. It sucked, but beyond that I like ebay.

Hve you emailed him and asked the status of the item you bought?
I won an item, but didn't red that payment instructions thoroughly...I kept in constant email with the seller about my status..I even got a positive feeback from her.
I would email him first before bashing him / her. As stated above, after the 30 day persiod and still have not receied your item, you can go to ebay and complain..I think they can / will ban that member?

Your CC wouldn't work for pay pal? That's odd...Have you also checked into the checkbook part of pay pal? I also have that..need to open w/ minimum of 250.00

The part about getting ripped off is the part that really concerns me, I very seldom ever spend money on what I call none essentials, but for my 39th birthday last week I bought myself a present of a bowflex ( the husband has never been good at gift giving)
It was 1425.00 and I will not have any way of getting it back,
that will be a hard lesson to swallow.
And will definately turn me off to ebay.

don't blame ebay for some ass-wipe. I've bought three items..the most being 300.00...pale from your purchase...but I've had good experiences myself...most people have.
If you don't receive your stuff, you have proof with tracking #'s and such, you can take legal action....

Is he in the US or Canada?

I have emailed him every day asking when he would be able to get the product out. No resposes.

Burner thanks for your input,
I have not bashed him nor will I.
It's not my thing, it will be a hard thing to swallow. And I will
give him negative feedback, but I will not call him names.
I think life is way to short for that type of crap. I'm more the type that will blame myself and feel really guilty for trying to spend that kind of money on me when I should have just put in the girls college fund.
Thanks

IML Gear Cream!
I been a member of eBay for 2 years and I have never had any bad experience ordering or selling anything.

He is in the US.

I am hoping that he is just real busy now,and has not had time to reply to my emails. Like I said he had alot of ebay transations.
Hopefully I am just overeacting I don't spend money very often.

I can feel for you, momma..that IS a lot of money!
Hope it all works out!
Just keep all receipts and such just in case...

For the record I just received an email, he has not shipped it been to busy, and was scared to email he would get in trouble with his boss. So my fears have been extinquished.
And really it is a great thing to be able to ask this many people a question and few have any negative things to say.
The world is much smaller now, with this type of technology.
Now, I will give up my attempt at being profond and start counting down till bud time.
Thanks all of ya'll

Wahoo!
Glad it will work out!
Have fun working out on all 66 stations!
:D

Laugh now I will look like that lady on TV in just 20 min a day 3 days a week:D
I hope you know I am kidding.
But after much thought I cannot continue to drive 80 miles to (only 50 back) the gym. I loved every minute I spent with my PT, but both finances and time was becoming an issue. I started feeling guilty about the time away from my baby. I wasn't getting in until 9:00 in the evening and leaving at 7:30 in the morning.
See I'm still trying to justify myself. I even think I sound like a whiner and I don't like whiners.:cry:

thre's only so much time in a day....you are making a wise decision!
Ever thought about also putting together a home gym?
or...opening up a local gym?
hmm....have others PAY to use your gym!
YEAH!

Originally posted by Momma2
I just bought my second thing ever from ebay first one a couple years back went well, this time I'm getting worried. I sent this guy a casheirs check and have not heard from him since.
He received it Tuesday, I tracked it.
Has anyone had any bad experiences with ebay ?

Yep, this happened to me with a computer. Ebay could not have cared less. They are worthless when someone gets ripped off.

However, I turned him into the post office for mail fraud and he was convicted a month or two ago.

I have a weight bench, adjustable dumbbells, a curl bar about 120 lbs of vinyl coated weights all from walmart.
A treadmill, rowing machine from the early 80's, a lifestyler bicycle that my parents neighbor thru out ( it still works).
My plan is to take over my husbands reloading room (most men have offices) he has agreed to this temporarily since he does very little shooting now.
The idea of opening a gym sounds great, but demographics are a problem the town I actually live in Pop, approx. 3000 but approx.2000 are inmates in the detention center.
The town I work in, is pop. approx.4500, the main problem is simply poverty.
Now I'm trying not to sound ugly or harsh, alot of these people are just lazy. They can live on the goverment for free and most do. I can actually go into a very long rant on this subject, but I will spare you. I love out here ( I lived in Dallas all my life) it's a great place to raise a family, small town values. But there are some draw backs.

IML Gear Cream!
gotcha.
hey..I used to watch Walker, Texas Ranger!
(That has nothing to do with anything..but I thought I'd throw it in there for free..)

Walker Texas Ranger was filmed all around the Dallas area.
They used alot of local folks, in little roles. I didn't care for the show much.

Always had a happy ending!

Fox television is looking for a small town to host a new reality show, Mayberry RFD They are looking all over the united states
in Texas they have narrowed it down to 2 the one I live in and one not to far from San Antonio. If they do this they are going to bring in a family from a big town like New York where you can do everything and see how they adjust to nothing. Our town council is pushing to get it because it will help our economy. I think they will hunt up the village idiot and put them in every episode and make us all look dumber than a box of rocks.

It should be interesting to watch I let you know.

let us know how that goes!

Back