• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

FYI - Prohormone shelf life

JerseyDevil

Banned Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
A heads up for PS/PH users. Since these substances will almost certainly be banned in the near future, I thought it may be of interest what the stated shelf life is.

A certain rep from VPX (guess who), informed me the shelf life of the various 1-test products is 2-3 years.

In a email from Ergopharm, the max shelf for 1-AD and 6-OXO was stated to be 4 years from date of manufacture.

Stock up now, because once banned it will more then likely be swept off the shelves the next day...

Good post man! Thanks:thumb:

How soon/ how serious are these proposed bans. Like within the next month most likely or what if anyone knows? Any PHs being targets specifically?
Thanks
Gary

Originally posted by X Ring
How soon/ how serious are these proposed bans. Like within the next month most likely or what if anyone knows? Any PHs being targets specifically?
Thanks
Gary

When is what everyone wants to know. :confused:

This bill targets all steroid precursors like 1-AD, 4-AD, 1-test, etc. Below is a story that ran on the wire a few weeks ago.

Mark McGwire's little home run pill is about to be pulled off the shelves.

That's the intent of a new bill sponsored by influential senators on both sides of the aisle, who introduced legislation late Thursday night that would prevent the over-the-counter sale of androstenedione and its muscle-building chemical cousins. The bill would also ban THG, the substance at the center of a growing scandal involving several elite athletes.

"These substances, called steroid precursors or pro-steroids, are one step removed from the substances [regulated] in the law," Sen. Joseph Biden, D-Delaware, said on the Senate floor. "When ingested, they metabolize into testosterone or other illicit steroids. These are products which the United States Anti-Doping Agency, the group in charge of testing Olympic athletes for performance enhancing drugs, has called the 'functional equivalent of steroids.' "

Biden was the driving force behind the effort in 1990 that led to anabolic steroids being made controlled substances. The new bill, the Anabolic Steroid Control Act of 2003, serves as acknowledgement that there were flaws in that original legislation, which discouraged doctors from prescribing steroids to athletes but stimulated the black market and encouraged scientists to devise powerful substances that were technically legal.

THG, a designer steroid undetectable by drug tests and kept secret until recently, is one of those substances. Although not sold in health stores -- like andro is -- the substance has the potential to become available over the counter once it becomes better known.

The bill is co-sponsored by Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, whose support is considered critical to the bill's passage, Senate staffers familiar with the legislation told ESPN.com. Hatch was a leader in a successful 1994 effort to deregulate the nutritional supplement industry, which has spawned many of the ethically-suspect products used by athletes in recent years. Over the years, he has been perceived as a protector of the industry as calls have increased for greater government oversight of products such as andro.

Hatch has said the fault lies not with the legislation but with the Food and Drug Administration, which he believes should be more aggressive in determining that such substances fall outside the scope of existing law.

"I have been extremely frustrated by the lack of regulatory action on these performance-enhancing products," Hatch said in a statement. "For years, I have asked the FDA to explain how these dangerous products could be marketed freely to our teens, but I've never received an adequate response. Our hand has been forced -- we must act to ensure no more young athletes are placed at risk."

The bill would not ban many of the more popular substances, such as ephedra and creatine, used by athletes to enhance performance.

A similar bill was introduced in January to the House of Representatives by, among others, Tom Osborne, R-Neb., former football coach at the University of Nebraska. The Senate effort gives that bill renewed viability.

Andro, which is banned in the NFL and other sports but not in baseball, was used by McGwire during the 1998 season when he hit 70 home runs, breaking the single-season record owned by Roger Maris. Andro sales quadrupled after his admission, with teenagers making up many of those consumers.

At the time, McGwire dismissed public concerns about his use of andro, and discounted comparisons to anabolic steroids, because the pills were available over the counter.

McGwire could not be reached Friday for comment. His former agent, Robert Cohen, said he would relay an interview request from ESPN.com, but doubted the retired baseball player would respond.

"He'll be running away from that one," Cohen said. "He isn't going to want to talk about it."

Major League Baseball was one of the 34 organizations listed as supporting the bill, which is endorsed by a wide range of medical, athletic and drug policy groups. Several groups are from the nutritional supplement industry.

"Our major sports organizations are banning pro-steroids because they know what our kids don't -- that these substances carry serious risks," Hatch said. "The federal government must take action. This bill will give our regulatory agencies the precise tools necessary to ensure that consumers have the choice of safe, health-enhancing products without these potentially dangerous side-effects."

Andro increases both testosterone and estrogen levels in the body. Biden cited a study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association concluding that "orally administered androstenedione increases testosterone and estrogen levels in healthy men, particularly at higher doses." The study also notes that long-term administration could be hazardous, particularly in women and children.

"To be honest, I would be less concerned about what professional athletes are doing to their bodies if their actions did not have such a profound effect on kids," Biden said.

If the bill passes, people who want to use andro or its chemical cousins would have to get a prescription from a doctor. Biden said the bill would also make it easier for the Drug Enforcement Administration to add new substances to the controlled substances list.

Government agencies have been largely impotent in dealing with the steroids issue. As ESPN.com previously showed in an investigative report on the steroids trade, even those trafficking in the hard stuff -- anabolic steroids -- face few consequences. Stopping the flow of steroids from Mexico is a low priority for border guards, and steroids dealers in the U.S. rarely get any prison time.

Currently, the maximum sentence for offenses involving anabolic steroids is only 33 to 41 months for first-time offenders, and to receive the maximum sentence an offender would have to be caught with 300,000 doses.

The Biden-Hatch bill directs the U.S. Sentencing Commission to review the federal sentencing guidelines for crimes involving anabolic steroids, and consider raising them.

Biden and Hatch are scheduled to speak at a hearing Tuesday that has been called by Sen. John McCain, R-Arizona, who has introduced a separate bill that calls for more research into performance-enhancing drugs used by athletes.

The supplement industry has come under increasing scrutiny in recent years, largely because of high-profile cases involving athletes. In addition to the Mark McGwire andro controversy, there is the current Balco investigation that has resulted in subpoenas to Barry Bonds and Jason Giambi. Heat-related deaths of the Vikings' Korey Stringer, Northwestern football player Rashidi Wheeler and Orioles pitcher Steve Bechler have been linked to ingestion of the supplement ephedra, though those cases are still winding their way through the courts.

This week, Nutraquest, a supplement company formerly known as Cytodyne, filed for bankruptcy. It is being sued by the family of Bechler, who says a Cytodyne product led to the pitcher's death in spring training.

Last edited:
Are they going to take things like 6-oxo off the market also?

If it is all because it is so harmful to teens make it like booze, gotta be 21. You shouldnt be taking that stuff under 21 for the most part anyway b/c too many kids I have met just dont understand die and supplements, not that many adults do either but whatever. They should ban alcohol and tobacco before this, neither of those two offer the benefits of PHs. I hate politicians that is why I am going to law school, hmm

Originally posted by rock4832
Are they going to take things like 6-oxo off the market also?

Yeah I heard that 6-OXO may be banned also. Don't know whether this is true or not. Hell with the logic they're using, maybe they ban creatine and whey protein eventually. :yell:

I just visited the AnabolicMinds forum and the general concensus is that the ban will probably be around the first of the year.

Hey Rock, do you live in the DC area? I grew up in Springfield, VA way back when.

First of the year!?!?! Oh man thats soon I guess I better save up some $$$ before there arent any good supplements left. Thanks for the info
Gary

Originally posted by JerseyPaul
Yeah I heard that 6-OXO may be banned also. Don't know whether this is true or not. Hell with the logic they're using, maybe they ban creatine and whey protein eventually. :yell:

I just visited the AnabolicMinds forum and the general concensus is that the ban will probably be around the first of the year.

Hey Rock, do you live in the DC area? I grew up in Springfield, VA way back when.
Crap! I don't have the money to save up before then! Especially if I have to stock on 6-oxo also.

Yeah, I'm in the DC area. When's the last time you've been to Springfield? If it's been awhile I bet you wouldn't recognise it!:D

Congress will soon adjourn for the holidays. More than likely it will be next year sometime.

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by rock4832
Yeah, I'm in the DC area. When's the last time you've been to Springfield? If it's been awhile I bet you wouldn't recognise it!:D

I passed thru when I had some business in Bethesda about two years. I stopped by my old high school (Robert E Lee), and my old neighborhood. Absolutely incredible. I have very fond memories of living there, but you wouldn't catch me living there now! Too crowded. Philly is a LOT less congested.

Originally posted by JerseyPaul
I passed thru when I had some business in Bethesda about two years. I stopped by my old high school (Robert E Lee), and my old neighborhood. Absolutely incredible. I have very fond memories of living there, but you wouldn't catch me living there now! Too crowded. Philly is a LOT less congested.
Yeah, it's congested here. It's gotten even worse in the past 2 years! Not my first pick to live, but oh well I'm here! My wife went to school in Springfield, I'll have to ask here which one it was again. Might have been Robert E Lee.

No kidding? There might be more high schools now, but then it was only Lee and West Springfield. When I first moved to Springfield I was in the 7th grade. At that time, it was just a crossroads and was like the dividing line between the suburbs and farmland! Now that line is what, about 70 miles out.

Back