• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

My experience with MAX OT, for anyone whos curious

camarosuper6

Unstoppable Force
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
The past 14 or so weeks, I have been on the MAX OT workout program. For those of you who do not know what this is, go to www.ast-ss.com and sign up for it, its free.

I have been working out, on and off for about 4 years or so. Seriously for maybe a few years. I am 6'3 and about 215 lbs, bf is around 14 percent. When going to this site and reading about this program, I thought it looked good, and the science behind it was strong, so I decided I have nothing to lose, other than muscle mass right??? So I have been giving it a run.

AST is a respectible company, and their Dymitadrine Extreme is really some good stuff for fat loss and energy. However, I dont really know how good I rate the MAX OT workout program, and heres why.

First let me point out that the recommended number of reps in the program is 4-6 very intense, and very heavy on every exercise, except abs. Heavy, Intense exercise leads to muscle overload, which is what causes growth. Muscle fatigue is supposedly inferior to overload for growth, according to their scientists. Fatigue is simply a muslce being depleted of glycogen and exausted. Overload is using heavy weight, low reps until you can perform no more than six, no less than four. Glycogen is supposedly not depleted as it would be for higher reps.

Also, they recommend a majority of calories from Protein. For me, being 215 lbs, I would need to eat approx 400 grams of protein, 295 grams of carbs and 45 grams of fat daily. Well, I cannot AFFORD to eat 400 grams of protein a day, so i go for the regular i gram per pound daily, because of my current budget.

With that being said, the gains I have made have been solid, but not revolutionary like it would seem. Sometimes , even when I workout with great intensity for the recommended time of 45 min or so, I feel I should be doing more. Doing low reps gives very little pump, and although a pump isnt nessecary for growth, it gives you a feeling of accomplishment, and I miss that.

I have gotten stronger, but its also hard to judge exactly how much stronger, because my old rep range was a usual 6 to 12 with the most common being around 8 or so reps per set. Now that I do less reps with higher weights, I have increased my weights quite a bit, but im also doing less reps, so its easier to get a heavier weight when you dont have to do as many reps per set, so I cant really say exactly how much stronger Ive become unless I return to my old workout system.

The one thing I do enjoy about this system is the fact that my workouts are short, heavy and intense. Nothing beats pushing heavy weights and not having to spend an hour and a half in the gym to do it. I have noticed my body looking leaner and stronger, but for anyone who is used to doing higher rep schemes beware, the pump is not there.

Anyone have any comments about this exercise program, let me know.

Dave

330g protein a day costs me about $55 a week.

exactly my point. Taking in about 250 grams a day costs me a bit already. 50 bucks may not sound like much, but add in the cost of life, plus other supplements, plus a girlfriend :( then you have a more expensive life than people think :):thumb:

I look at people who drop $10-$15 on lunch every day and feel like I'm already saving a bootload of cash :D

Amen to that. Every day ordering take out or chinese or QUIZNOS. Have you seen how much they charge for a full length sub. Dear Lord.

Its all about turkey sandwiches and yogurt. :p

I don't think anyone should take this the wrong way, but with all the "eat this, eat that" going on, it really does appear that some people don't understand we're not all made of money, and though dedicated, don't prioritze bodybuilding as the absolute #1 thing in our lives, and hence can't divert all our extra cash to it. It's very important to me, but life has other venues that can't simply be ignored.

The financial end is the one thing that does rack up, even with only a "core" of proven supplements.

Here in Vancouver Canada (Canadian dollars of course):

- 1 kilogram (2.5 pounds) Creatine: 35$ (for a good product w/insulin spike)

- 5 Pounds Whey Protein: 45$

- 400 Grams L-Glutamine: 30 - 35$

Eating enough protein: $$$

All in all, simply those "basic" supplements and sufficient high quality protein can easily add up. Given that loading creatine is 20 grams per day, then 10 grams maintenance, it goes pretty quickly. Two protein shakes a day also will eat up 5 pounds at a reasonably quick rate. Add in high-quality meat, and it becomes more expensive than my Delorean is to run. And that's not a cheap car :D

Being a university student, textbooks, fees, a car, plus money to get out of my house and go somewhere *other* than the gym or the ice rink, on the rare occasion I can justify it, takes almost all I have already.

I'm sure others like Camaro know exactly what I'm talking about.

When bodybuilding is your absolute focus in life, it's easy to justify the fairly large expense. Mudge spends 50$ (American dollars I assume) per week on his food alone - I don't know if BB'ing is your top priority or not though mate :D. Eating well, my father can feed our family of three on about 130$ Canadian per week for all of us! If I was to eat everything I need to (2 grams pro/lb) then my bill alone would add nearly 50% to that total. My Dad has a high-paying job, but I'd find it hard to justify asking for that kind of cash, and my part time work goes to paying bills, heh.

Sorry about the rant, I'm not trying to offend anyone. It's just that budget conscious people like me get frustrated when buying the "key" to success is out of reach :(

Man that was long. Ok, move along, nothing to see here... ;)

I feel your pain.

Your supplement prices arent much different than the ones you get over here at your local GNC. The REAL deal is shopping online, which sadly enough, most people dont know about.

10lb whey is 45 dollars
5lb Creatine HSC is about 25 to 30 dollars
Glutamine is about 20 bucks for 30 day supply

Those are my core supplements
about 100 bucks roughly a month. This is off cycle, as with on cycle I will add my pro horomone supply, whatever it may be for that cycle.

camarosuper6,

By any chance you have the whole article in a printable format? I've been reading each section, but I want to print the whole thing without cut and paste each page.

Thanks

Originally posted by BlueCorsair
I don't think anyone should take this the wrong way, but with all the "eat this, eat that" going on, it really does appear that some people don't understand we're not all made of money, and though dedicated, don't prioritze bodybuilding as the absolute #1

No one is assuming you're made of money, or even have any dedication at all to bodybuilding. The advice given (in most cases) is based on fact. Take it or leave it. Afford it or not. It's valid information.

I have done MAX-OT in the past, not to an exact T, but the basic principles as far as sets, reps, etc.

It is okay to do for a 4-6 week cycle, but you definitely cannot keep it up. It's very stressful on the body, joints, etc., so it's important not only to take a break, but revert back to a higher rep work-out for a couple of months.

Back