• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT: If this is you...get one!

gopro

NGA/IFPA Pro Bodybuilder
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT

I am amazed at how many people I see in the gym literally ???sleep walking??? through their workouts. I am equally astounded by how many people spend half their time jabbering on the phone, reading the paper, or gossiping with fellow members. Why even go to the gym if this is how you plan on spending your time? You can just as easily take a nap at home or go to your local coffee shop and read, talk on your phone, and hit on the cute waitress.

Funny thing is, these are often the same people that complain they aren???t gaining any muscle or losing any fat even though they are on the latest and greatest wonder supplements on the market. Do they even have a clue what is truly going on? Do they realize that of the 2 hours they spend in the gym they are probably only doing about 10 minutes of true productive work? Answer???no, they don???t! You know how I know this? These same guys are the ones that come up to me and ask me why they cannot grow. When I ask them if they are training hard and eating right they unequivocally assure me they are busting their butt in the gym and eating ???tons??? of good food. I truly enjoy watching their reaction when I tell them that I see them EVERYDAY wasting countless time in the gym and barely breaking a sweat. And when it comes to diet, upon further inspection I always find out that what they consider ???tons??? of good food is actually not enough to feed my big toe and the food THEY DO eat is mostly garbage. Hey guys, just because you drink a protein drink once per day, you do NOT have your nutritional bases covered!

Does it sound like I???m ranting? Do I seem a bit angry? Well, I am! If you are going to go to the gym and expect to get 100% out of it, when you only put 10% into it than please don???t bother???and especially, don???t BOTHER ME about it. Take a good look at yourself and what you truly want out of your efforts. If you really want a better body than get an attitude adjustment and put in the effort it takes, both in the gym and at the table, to make it happen. The good things in life do not come easy. If having a great physique was simple to achieve then everyone would have one. If you want a special body, realize its going to take a special effort! Now stop whining and start kicking some ass in the gym! Plan out your 6 high protein meals per day and eat them on a consistent basis. Take your basic supplements and stop looking for that ???magic pill.??? Finally, get some good sleep each night.

Do these things and watch your body change for the better on a daily basis. Or, go to the gym, talk on you cell and pretend you are accomplishing something. Just do me a favor and stay out of MY way. I have some real work to do!

:adore: can i post this in my gym :lol:

and another tip...LEAVE A PERSONAL TRAINER ALONE WHEN THEY ARE TRAINING! ask them questions AFTER they are done.

Only thing i like the gym for is staring at guys butts :lol: i am a butt women :booty: if you havent noticed...and GP has some nice gluts on him :eyebrow:

never you mind :p

pssst he sends me nudies :lol:

Working in a corporate gym you cannot imagine how often I see this and get complaints from people who say they haven't seen any results. They work out once or twice a week, eat sporadically or not at all, smoke and abuse their bodies with caffeine and no sleep and then wonder why they can't physcially improve.

Sometimes it is really hard to bite my tongue and not just scream at them "BECAUSE YOU'RE A LAZY ASS AND HAVE NO FOCUS!"

What kills me is that these are the same people who are "so busy" all of the time I see all day every day chatting, eating and socializing at work. No wonder you have to spend 12 hours at work, YOU AREN'T DOING ANYTHING WHILE YOU'RE HERE!

Originally posted by ponyboy
They work out once or twice a week, eat sporadically or not at all, smoke and abuse their bodies with caffeine and no sleep and then wonder why they can't physcially improve.

that defines the majority of Americans. :)

it can be very entertaining to watch these clowns fool around and look like idiots when trying to push out weights far too heavy for them, BUT! when they start talking loud so the whole weights area can hear their silly jokes that pisses me off!

i agree too many ppl go to the gym without a clue of what they are doing! a couple of guys i know from college come down, they do some treadmill jogging then hit the machine weights together! 1 is skinny 1 is tubby.... ain't sh*t gonna change there!

peace

I especially enjoy watching people take the elevator up to the 3rd floor so they can use the indoor track.

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by LazyByNature
I especially enjoy watching people take the elevator up to the 3rd floor so they can use the indoor track.

:haha:

I see the same thing every day, I work in a two story building and people take the elevator down to the gym in the basement. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by J'Bo
LEAVE A PERSONAL TRAINER ALONE WHEN THEY ARE TRAINING! ask them questions AFTER they are done.

You know what, this is one of the reasons I no longer train folk. The last gym I was at said that I had to help others regardless if I was training someone else. I don't know how they didn't get the idea that if someone is paying for my hour, they really should be the only one I am training at the time. I also frickin hated when i would be training someone and someone else would ask for a spot.

I love this post

Originally posted by BabsieGirl
I love this post

Thank you. I actually wrote it for the VPX newsletter, but thought people here would enjoy it as well.

Originally posted by gopro
Thank you. I actually wrote it for the VPX newsletter, but thought people here would enjoy it as well.

I know I did. This needs printed out and put in a frame!!!

Originally posted by BabsieGirl
I know I did. This needs printed out and put in a frame!!!

Hmmmm, poster size and hung in gyms everywhere!! :thumb:

Yep yep. Right by the drinking fountains.

gopro,

Great post, I do work out at home and haven't had to deal with these kind of people.
But, these same people are usually what keeps these gyms making a profit. They are counting on people joining and realizing it takes work. This is a bit of a generalization, of course there are a lot of good gyms that manage to stay in business, but usually have to charge a higher price.:moon:

Originally posted by Prince
one of the reasons I actually prefer my little home gym!

I myself don't have a gym at my house, just a pullup tower that shakes like a bitch, but my buddy's basement is like a damn dungen. Its great man... Used to walk there everyday after school back in 9th grade and would max out everyweek... lol i was pushin 205 at 135, then broke my wrist... but had some goood memorys. Kris ( my friend ) only lifts at his house, he doesnt like the gym because theres people. He lifts alone. I do like lifting alone, that why all i have to do is prove something to myself, which is often alot more than proving something to one of my peers.

I can't imagine even being able to get a cell phone to my ear on bicepts days...

IML Gear Cream!
For the most part when a cell phone rings everyone turns around and just stares. Pretty funny. In the cardio room what a diffrent story. Every time im on the treadmill there is always somone next to me talking on the dam phone and there usually talking about when there leaving. Just dont come to the gym so you can tell someone when your leaving. Meanwhile my treadmill is soaking wet and theres is bone dry and they have the fan pointed right on them. HMMMMMMMMM

Oh man I see that every day. And what specially gets to me is when I see more than three guys on one bench or any equipment on my gym with other equipment empty plus they are talking and wasting their time. I have to be getting on the young guys back all the time (usually freshman) to do some work on the gym. That???s why I love working out alone; when I need a spotter I call one somebody for a sec. Then they can go back and do their thing, but nobody is working out with me. Most of them get distracted way to easy. To give you an idea of how I work. I???m breaking a sweat in probably like the first two minutes, at the end if you squeeze my t-shirt, sweat will pretty much drip from it like if I just taken a shower, I???m dead serious. The only person I have ever done anything with it???s my coach, and that???s only on the days we have to max out. When you step into the gym is to exercise you muscle not your mouth, unfortunately not many people understand that. :no:

Guys, I HAD to print this out and show it to my friends and disciples.....ESPECIALLY my workout partners. My arm day partner Matt is always that guy who isn't even close to sweating for most of the workout,meanwhile, I'm drenched after a few sets, or about 3 minutes on the treadmill. I also posted this in my gym on the bulletin board....I wonder how it's going over today....(It's my day of rest,but I'll likely go put in a little back and delts touch up.)

Originally posted by EvilEdDanzig
Guys, I HAD to print this out and show it to my friends and disciples.....ESPECIALLY my workout partners. My arm day partner Matt is always that guy who isn't even close to sweating for most of the workout,meanwhile, I'm drenched after a few sets, or about 3 minutes on the treadmill. I also posted this in my gym on the bulletin board....I wonder how it's going over today....(It's my day of rest,but I'll likely go put in a little back and delts touch up.)

LOL, let me know what the reaction is! :thumb:

Originally posted by Prince
that defines the majority of Americans. :)

Yeah the sad thing is these are Canadians. We aren't far behind...

Hey Gopro,there were 15 requests to have it removed from the bulletin board! The "reason" was that it "made for an inhospitable workout environment." The owner of the gym, Doug, has refused to remove it,stating that "the author of this piece holds the ideal mentality for working out in any environment" and that "more people should read this,hell,it should be placed on cars under the wipers so that people who actually try to improve themselves might have less idiots to deal with in the gym." I have to agree with Doug. Also,my disciples all thought that it encapsulates what they are hoping to live up to and to achieve. Except for Matt,who was slightly PO'ed. I must say though, the reaction from real fitness,bodybuilding, and powerlifting enthusiasts was the same: AMEN!

GOPRO Great Thread! About time someone said it! Just like Jerry Maguire. BTW, When are they slating to have the Liquid Clen off the shelves so I can begin to stock up?
Thanks

Originally posted by EvilEdDanzig
Hey Gopro,there were 15 requests to have it removed from the bulletin board! The "reason" was that it "made for an inhospitable workout environment." The owner of the gym, Doug, has refused to remove it,stating that "the author of this piece holds the ideal mentality for working out in any environment" and that "more people should read this,hell,it should be placed on cars under the wipers so that people who actually try to improve themselves might have less idiots to deal with in the gym." I have to agree with Doug. Also,my disciples all thought that it encapsulates what they are hoping to live up to and to achieve. Except for Matt,who was slightly PO'ed. I must say though, the reaction from real fitness,bodybuilding, and powerlifting enthusiasts was the same: AMEN!

LOL, I love it bro! It makes for an "unhospitable" workout environment? Thats a quote from the lazy that want to remain lazy! Those guys should stay home and buy a BowFlex.

I'm glad that Doug had the opposite reaction! Tell him that Gopro thanks him personally and commends him for keeping it up! :thumb:

Originally posted by andyo
GOPRO Great Thread! About time someone said it! Just like Jerry Maguire. BTW, When are they slating to have the Liquid Clen off the shelves so I can begin to stock up?
Thanks

I promise I'll announce it when Liquid Clen will be pulled...in plenty of time for you to stock up!

Originally posted by young d
it can be very entertaining to watch these clowns fool around and look like idiots when trying to push out weights far too heavy for them, BUT! when they start talking loud so the whole weights area can hear their silly jokes that pisses me off!

i agree too many ppl go to the gym without a clue of what they are doing! a couple of guys i know from college come down, they do some treadmill jogging then hit the machine weights together! 1 is skinny 1 is tubby.... ain't sh*t gonna change there!

peace
The skinny kid doing only forced reps on the bench is one of my favorites.

Back