• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Liftin', wife doesn't get it

SJ69

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Anyone else in the same situation? I'm at my wits end:spaz:
She drives me freakin' crazy. "Hey could you turn that music down?" "Could you watch the baby while you lift?" "Are you liftin' AGAIN tonight, you just worked out yesterday" "Why do you have to lift for an hour and a half?" - duh, maybe because I'm coloring, reading stories and otherwise entertaining the kid in between sets.
And then she actually gets mad at me when I drink a protein shake instead of indulging in a Big Mac value meal.
"It must be nice to have all that free time" Meanwhile she's watchin' Friends reruns while I watch the kid AND workout.
Going to gym is not an option, been there, done that, it just doesn't work for me, not to mention the load of sh1t I'd endure about spending even more time and money.
Hey, but she appreciates having a husband that has a nice body.
Sorry about the rant, but HOW do you guys (and ladies with husbands who don't understand) deal with this?
Or am I the only one?

well, i can't relate.. not married and no one nags me about it.. kinda un-related but my parents and sister and some of my friends think i'm too big and think i'd look nasty if i got any bigger

This is what my wife suggests for you- Hire a babysitter and take you wife out for a nice evening( something she would like to do). Then explain to her what working out means to you. That it gives you energy and helps you deal with stress, blah, blah whatever...Then offer to work out a schedule where you watch the kids while she does something that can be the same outlet for her (e.g. take a bath, go out with friends, watch tv...) in exchange for allowing you to have that time kid free and with her full support. Tell her how much her support means to you.

When you are at home and spending time with them, make sure you are really there emotionally and mentally and that they feel you are there with and for them. That will help her when it comes time for the w/o's.

Wow, that was weird. Felt like one of those mediums that has messages spoken through them from the other side. But try this, works for my wife and I.

Any way to get her involved with your fitness plan instead of her sitting in front of the TV while you are working out? Maybe take a class together or train together, or even take your child for a walk/jog in the stroller together. Often the spouse who isn't working out not only feels guilty but also feels ignored (like Rock said).

Cook some healthy meals for her and let her see how good she can feel if she changes positively like you have. Once you convert her the battle is won for both of you!

Originally posted by MikeKy
Rock nailed it.:thumb:
Rock's wife nailed it!:thumb: :D

it's irritating how smart women are about this kind of stuff... :bow:

Originally posted by HoldDaMayo
it's irritating how smart women are about this kind of stuff... :bow:
And as she's telling me what to write, she's also reminding me that I need to do these things too.:D

Yeah... My girlfriend gets pissed. " Arn't we going out 2 night " I reply - " After the gym ".. then she just gets pissed. Oh well thats my priorite.

I know exactly how you feel. I was dealing with the *exact* thing. Of course, the results were greatly appreciated by her, but she couldn't stand the sacrifice and actually - dealing with all the garbage outside of the gym was more difficult that working out.

I handled it just about the way Rock's wife suggested. I got a baby-sitter for a couple of days and took her to the gym with me ... put together a workout for her and walked her through it. Then, I sent her to the gym to workout 3 x's a week and I watched the kids while she went. That way ... she too could benifit from all those things (relieving stress, more energy, get away from the kids for a while, blah blah blah). Also, she then could appreciate why I want to hit the gym 5 days a week and don't miss for anything.

It's worked like a dream for me anyway ....

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by SJ69
Anyone else in the same situation? I'm at my wits end:spaz:
She drives me freakin' crazy. "Hey could you turn that music down?" "Could you watch the baby while you lift?" "Are you liftin' AGAIN tonight, you just worked out yesterday" "Why do you have to lift for an hour and a half?" - duh, maybe because I'm coloring, reading stories and otherwise entertaining the kid in between sets.
And then she actually gets mad at me when I drink a protein shake instead of indulging in a Big Mac value meal.
"It must be nice to have all that free time" Meanwhile she's watchin' Friends reruns while I watch the kid AND workout.
Going to gym is not an option, been there, done that, it just doesn't work for me, not to mention the load of sh1t I'd endure about spending even more time and money.
Hey, but she appreciates having a husband that has a nice body.
Sorry about the rant, but HOW do you guys (and ladies with husbands who don't understand) deal with this?
Or am I the only one?
I would'nt know what thats like I'am single happy and do as I please

Back