• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Training and your occupation?

IRONWARRIOR

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Does anyone work a physical job that sometimes makes it hard for you to feel 100% to train, I work a physical job and have got used to working then training right after people sometimes ask me how I can do it.

i work as a custodian and then do odd jobs on the side, like concrete work/reroofing house's. i used to be a redi mix truck driver for 16 yrs and before this a heavy equipment operator before that.this job is alot better!!!being 40 i needed to slow down.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I work as a carpenter. It is very physical at times. Sometimes it does interfere with working out. Not often but at times it does.

I used to unload trucks and do warehouse work years ago, nowdays I sit at a desk, its almost the only activity I get during the entire day.

Unloading 48 and 53 footers versus now, huge difference. It used to be very difficult for me because I was sore so much of the time, I didn't drag my ass at work, not even close.

I did construction one summer during college and worked out right after. You get used to it, but I was also burning the candle at both ends by going out nearly every night. Man, I used to be so resilient.

Physical jobs

Ya I hear you on this one..Im a welder so pickin up and carying lengths of steel 1 foot to 20 foot long around takes a toll somewhat and being in sometimes awkward positions while welding is rough to. I just take it easy meaning i dont pick up a lot at once. I would say stretch before you go to work to..
Good luck..

Wannabefit,

I'm a fitter/welder myself, and the only problem I have is when I have to do a lot of grinding to get a part to fit. It really plays hell with my right elbow at times. I don't think it has anything to do with my age (48), because I had the same problem 15 years ago.

IML Gear Cream!
I sit at a desk all day and drive a car as well. The cool thing is when work is over I cant wait to get to they gym and pound some weights.

I used to work in a warehouse, that really interfered w/ training. Now I work in the ER. Not bad if I go to the gym before my shift. I work 12 hr shifts and I'm on my feet all day. Can't do the gym after a shift.

Originally posted by IRONWARRIOR
Does anyone work a physical job that sometimes makes it hard for you to feel 100% to train, I work a physical job and have got used to working then training right after people sometimes ask me how I can do it.

I sit at a desk all day, which I am doing now. I also work 12 hour shifts so I work out on my days off.

I am a student, but I am joining the RCMP in one or two years, so I will need to be in good shape for that.

I'm also a desk jockey. Lots of energy left for the gym. I can definitely understand how hard it is to work out when doing manual labor. I worked for a paper company for a while (very physical) and had a hell of a time hitting the weights after that.

Originally posted by once was fat
The cool thing is when work is over I cant wait to get to they gym and pound some weights.

Yep, I need to do something physical so really I can't stand not to go :)

I am a carpenter, on my feet all day. Yes I do get tired but force myself to go after work. Its a mental thing really. My main concern with it though is all the calories im burning during the day. Oh and that warm curdled protein drink at afternoon smoko!

Back