• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

9:00 too late to eat?

ironMan0929

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
is 9:00pm to late for a 500cal meal? i usually hit the sack b/n 10 & 11. im looking to bulk with little fat as possible. thanks.

I always eat before bed, cutting or bulking.

If 500 cals is your per meal average then Eat up. If not then I would tone it down a bit.

NEVER TOO LATE TO EAT !!!!!!!!!

I always eat late at night I just try and keep my carbs to minimum, so I eat stuff like chciken, some vegtables, protein shakes 'low carb' e.t.c..

Glad to hear you guys say this. I routinely eat at 8:30 pm or so, and family members always tell me I eat too late cuz the food 'just sits there'. We all know the body just shuts down when you go to sleep, don't we?
:funny:

I think it matters what kind of food your eating though! I usually have my last meal at 10:30.

my last "meal" of the day is usually around 9 or 9:30 when i get home from training... the thing is i don't eat again until 7:30 or 8 the next morning... is that too long to go without food? if so what should i do? cause i go to bed around 10:30-11 and wake up around 7:30... sometimes i wake up hungry in the middle of the night but i just shake it off and go back to sleep...

I would just suck a plain protein shake back right after your workout and then eat again before bed. Too long without food IMO.

Exactly:thumb:

My last meal is around 1230-130am. Usually cottage cheese and PB:lick:

You need to be sure you are givng your body protein and fat(to slow down digestion even further) to last you through the evening.

I keep carbs out of my last 1-2 meals, but I surely eat at night.

IML Gear Cream!
I want to change up my meals a bit. I always hear alot of you guys talking about no carb for last meal. So how do you get 500 cals from fat/protein alone? That seems like a lot of fat your gonna take in!

For the past year or so, I've been eating oatmeal with walnuts/almonds and protein powder w/ water, which comes out to ~500cals.

I eat the majority of my calories after 6:00 P.M. on three out of my five training days. It's just how the day falls...Not much I can do about it.

I've had no problem staying lean while doing so, so I say yeah, go ahead.

Originally posted by y2gt
I want to change up my meals a bit. I always hear alot of you guys talking about no carb for last meal. So how do you get 500 cals from fat/protein alone? That seems like a lot of fat your gonna take in!

Got beef? Got chicken? Got EFA? Oatmeal by itself is not a complete meal for me, need some protein in there.

I always eat egg whites (1-2 yolks) with green peppers and mushrooms, maybe a slice of cheese at around 9:30, bed time is around 10:30.

Originally posted by Mudge
Got beef? Got chicken? Got EFA? Oatmeal by itself is not a complete meal for me, need some protein in there.

I thought it was pretty good...

Casein Powder = slow protein
Oatmeal = carbs
Walnuts/amonds = EFA's

.....yes/no?:confused:

i have dinner at 9:00

wait a hour so i have a empty stomach at 10:00 for ZMA

then my bed-time meal about 10:30

there ain't nothing wrong with eating late, don't buy any of that "everything you eat after 6:00pm is stored as fat" garbage, it just ain't true!

and you ain't gonna build much muscle if you don't eat right before you go to bed, because your body will burn muscle for energy during the night

peace

Protein is really important at night! But carbohydrates are going to turn to bodyfat if you have them really late so maybe you should try and eat chicken or high protein low carbohydrates stuff, unless you're very thin which I can't see it being a problem :p :O

The thing about not eating after 6pm is just because carbohydrates which gives you energy easily won't be used and will encourage the release of insulin and increase your bodyfat. But alot of foods you eat have this effect anyway (fats) :eek:

Edit: Can i just point out, at night when your growth hormones are released, you're going to need Protein the most so i'd advice to everyone to have SOME protein before their bed, or quite late if they don't already (in my experience).

Originally posted by y2gt

For the past year or so, I've been eating oatmeal with walnuts/almonds and protein powder w/ water, which comes out to ~500cals.
Easy. As I type this, I'm enjoying 12 ozs of lean beef top round and 2 cups of steamed veggies.

504 calories

7%C/70%P/23%F

it is never to late to eat.....I say eat all the way up until bed time.....if you are up until 3am.....just keep eating!!

Yeh I just got done eating a chesse burger and its 1030p.m. right now. I did take half of the bun off though,and it was a small one. Guess I will have to hit the gym on my day off tommorow for some extra cardio.

Is one small chesse burger that bad this late every once in a great while?

Back