• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Leg Exercises Help Needed

Ezrolith

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey,

Ok, I want to start working on my legs which are quite bad at the moment. If anyone can help me determine some good exercises and most important which order to do my workout in i'd appreciate it. The resources I have available to me are:

Leg Extension Machine
Leg Press Machine
Leg Curl Machine
Dumbells (up to significant weight to make me cry :p)

I don't have access to a barbell or squat machine, or hack thingy. If anyone can give me some good mass building exercises for my legs i'd appreciate it. You see, I usually use leg extension machine over leg press as I can feel fatique on leg extension where as on the leg press, it HURTS, before fatique, as such. I'm not sure why, also i'm not sure what calf exercises to do, I don't have planks of wood :S lol

Also, can anyone explain what muscles the Abductor machine work, you push your hips in, and out against the weight, I think this might be your Quads? I'm not sure? How can I work my Glutes without a barbell? :p

Thanks alot!
Peter.

Lunges
Step Ups
1 Legged Leg Presses :thumb:
1 Legged Leg Ext.
DB Stiff Leg Dead Lifts

I will think of more later :)

if u can get a decent amount of weight on dumbbells you could do dumbbell squats

These aren't recommended for bad knees, but I seem to get the best results from straight up barbell squats. Be sure to use a squat rack though for easiness and obvious safety reasons.

i prefer straight barbell squats to but i think he said he doesn't have access to that

lateral lunges
lateral step ups
dumbell romanian deadlifts
bw plyometric jump squats
plie squats

the abdutor machine works your....well......absuctors,lol.

Ah, right, didn't see that part. :doh:

Originally posted by Ezrolith
Leg Extension Machine
Leg Press Machine
Leg Curl Machine
Dumbells (up to significant weight to make me cry :p)

If this is all you have access to then I would say leg press would be most important, use your dumbbells for lunges.

Thanks alot, does the lunge work a part of the leg that these machines don't, or are they just better?

IML Gear Cream!
Lunges help isolate one leg and helps provide balance and stability - leg press doesn't.

If you don't have access to barbells, how do you train? If all you have available are machines, perform only the leg press, using a moderate rep speed, say, 4/4, 6/6, and take the set to failure.

Rise of the machines :confused:

I agree with gr81 :thumb:

Give the Bulgarian split squat a try
DBSingleLegSquat.gif

You can actually end up using a decent amount of weight on this one. You need the stability in the long run to keep your knees in a healthy state.

Don't waste any time on the abductor and adductor machines. They are completely useless. A better alternative is the leg press.

I have seen numerous people trying to build huge legs by using the leg extension machine. It's never going to happen.

regards

Quadsweep,

Hmmm, never have seen that Bulgarian split squat before, I'll have to give that one a try. Thanks.

I might add that the leg on the bench looks like it would get a partial stretch of the quads too.

Back