• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

gopros it is ...

jadakris31

jersey's here
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
so i was going to start a new workout starting this week that workout out all body parts 2x a week (low sets) - basically it was a workout to increase your bench (my max is 205.. wanna bump it up bad) .. BUT I HATED IT .. i only did the first two days of it but i hate doing some chest some shoulders and some triceps .. and then just some back and some briceps .. i like doing 1 body part a day and just once a week so much more so im gonna start gopros .. but i was going to change a few things .. 1st i was going to do this

P / RR / P / RR / SHOCK

what doy ou guys think about that?

and also all the workouts look good to me except for chest .. i was going to change it to this

POWER

3 sets of barbell bench 4-6 reps
3 sets of incline dumbell press 4-6 reps
3 sets of decline bar bench 4-6 reps...

and then RR

3 sets of dumbell flat press (7-10 reps)
3 sets of incline bar press(7-10 reps)
3 sets of decline dumbell press(7-10 reps)

what do you guys all think about these 2 changes? benefits or any other suggestions?

I'm doing his P/RR/S program right now, and to be honest, I've seen some of the best gains I have in a very long time. Is there a particular logic you have behind changing the exercises? If I had 205 bench and wanted to increase, I think I would stick to the routines of people whose bench is much higher. JMHO. If you are not doing weighted dips and flyes, you are missing out man.

im gonna do weighted dips with triceps .. becuase from what i know pressing is how you gain the most strength while gaining mass...

maybe i would be better off with 3 sets of flat 2 of incline 2 of decine and 2 sets of flys??

I got a muscle spasm in my ass :rolleyes:

thats because your boyfriend isn't stretching before he pounds your @$$, ballistic stretching baby...

are you 2 retarded?

Hey jadakris31, dips can be either a tri or chest exercise. I do them periodically for both. You have to understand how to make dips different in order to stress different areas.

"im gonna do weighted dips with triceps .. becuase from what i know pressing is how you gain the most strength while gaining mass..." :confused: Not sure what you are saying here.

im going to lift chest on monday and triceps on thursday .. so it will almostbe like hitting chest twice a week with a light workout on thursdays with either CG bench and dips ...

pressing is the best thing to do to gain strength....

Then I don't think you know how to do dips for both triceps and chest. They are done differently. When I do them on tricep day, I know I have worked my triceps and NOT my chest. Just like close grip bench.

IML Gear Cream!
BTW, I work chest on Monday and arms on thursday as well.

you cant do dips and not hit your chest, you always will .. maybe not much if you stay completly vertical, but you still will .. same with CG bench .. even if you have your hands touching.. which you shouldnt - youll still hit your chest..

what is the rest of your routine look like .. mine was 2 on 1 off 2 on 2 off

mon chest
tues back
wed off
thurs arms
friday shoulders - legs

I just came by to say that I love the name of this thread:

"gopros it is..."

:D

well peckerhead, give us some insight here. lol

jad, my routine looks very similar to the one you listed. I hear what you are saying about dips working chest, even when done for triceps and you are correct. But it is not the same as working chest twice. I don't see the logic in eliminating a good exercise simply because it involves a muscle that has already been trained earlier. We'd be up shiat creek if we don't want to hit bis or tries twice. lol

Originally posted by BUSTINOUT
well peckerhead, give us some insight here. lol

peckerhead? what am I a cartoon character or something? LOL

Sorry, I meant Mr. Peckerhead. lol

Originally posted by BUSTINOUT
Sorry, I meant Mr. Peckerhead. lol

Quiet you numbskull!

(gopro pokes BO in the eyes)

haha glad you like the name of the thread.. you are the master

i understand what you mean now.. your saying they are two totally different exercises .. one you lean foward the other more vertical correct?

so what excersises do you use for the chest routine?

Originally posted by jadakris31

HMMMM, MASTER GOPRO...its got a ring...:thumb:

Ok everyone, have no fear...The Gopro link monkey is here :D
Just click my link and see all gopros stuff. :thumbs:

Last edited:
IML Gear Cream!
jadakris31 said:
POWER

3 sets of barbell bench 4-6 reps
3 sets of incline dumbell press 4-6 reps
3 sets of decline bar bench 4-6 reps...

and then RR

3 sets of dumbell flat press (7-10 reps)
3 sets of incline bar press(7-10 reps)
3 sets of decline dumbell press(7-10 reps)
I would try to put dips or flys in there somewhere to mix things up a little more.

Dips are more about where your elbows are than whether you lean forward or not. If you keep your elbows in tight, you're going to destroy your triceps almost exclusively. If you let your elbows flare, you'll start using your pecs more.

Saturday Fever said:
Dips are more about where your elbows are than whether you lean forward or not. If you keep your elbows in tight, you're going to destroy your triceps almost exclusively. If you let your elbows flare, you'll start using your pecs more.
Agreed, but leaning into it will also greatly increase pec recruitment and vice versa.

I ran across a dip exercise that uses a reverse grip on the bars.
I thought it looked interesting, so I walked out back to give it a try...
Well, I found I couldn't do it. My hands weren't flexible enough I guess to be able to position my hands like that. Sure seems like if one could, it would definately place much more emphasis on the tricep.

I prefer the old fashioned way of doing it though. Just avoid any swinging motion. As gopro stated leaning helps place major emphasis on the tri as well. Where if your focusing on the chest I believe you want to refrain from leaning forward.

Randy said:
I ran across a dip exercise that uses a reverse grip on the bars.
I thought it looked interesting, so I walked out back to give it a try...
Well, I found I couldn't do it. My hands weren't flexible enough I guess to be able to position my hands like that. Sure seems like if one could, it would definately place much more emphasis on the tricep.

I prefer the old fashioned way of doing it though. Just avoid any swinging motion. As gopro stated leaning helps place major emphasis on the tri as well. Where if your focusing on the chest I believe you want to refrain from leaning forward.
Its the opposite Randy...lean into the movement to increase pectoral recruitment...remain upright to focus more on tris. And as SNF mentioned...elbows out to increase pec involvement, and elbows in to hit the tris harder.

gopro said:
Originally posted by jadakris31

HMMMM, MASTER GOPRO...its got a ring...:thumb:
Oh good lord! I think all this praise and adoration is going to GoPro's head! It's almost as big as the rest of his hot body! :evil2:

Sapphire said:
Oh good lord! I think all this praise and adoration is going to GoPro's head! It's almost as big as the rest of his hot body! :evil2:
I will remain humble forever Sapphster, but will hopefully get bigger in body till the day they bury me!!

Me hot body? No, you hot body!

gopro said:
And as SNF mentioned...
Who's SNF? Saturday Night Fever? :funny:

I do the the same thing. Even though I see Saturday Fever, I read it as Saturday Night Fever.

However, it should be noted that functionally and physiologically speaking, leaning does not change muscle recruitment unless there is also an adjustment to where your elbows are placed. We can go round and round about this, but I'm going to believe physiology.

It should also be noted that leaning forward tends to cause the elbows to flare, hence recruiting the pecs. But again that is due to the elbows flaring, not the leaning forward.

Back