• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

triceps

bballplayer4514

cutting
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
my tris need major help i cant really say any of the heads look to great plz list your favorite/most effective excercises for over all mass

Close grip bench, skull crushers, & weighted dips.

^^^^ Its been workin for me, without the weights on the dips. Not that big yet. I already see some major results.

Yeah John, I suggest the same work-outs. Maybe Kick-Back's also. Once you cut your bodyfat, you will beable to see the heads more. But to get the entire horseshoe shape, you need to just work em man. Goodluck bro.

Pushdowns help too.

dips haven't helped me at all

tricep pull down work really well
especially if you back away and extend your arms out, you really feel it

Skull crushers, pull downs( make sure to use the rope and spread the two ends apart at the bottom) and my new favorite close grip bench press. I keep my hands about half a foot apart.

If you can't see them then bodyfat and water retention may very well be an issue, its not just size. There are 20 inch arm guys at my gym with no definition at all, huge water retention.

pushdowns have done nothing for me.. i prefer free-weights.. i love skulls, dips (weighted) and close-grip as well

IML Gear Cream!
I also like reverse one arm pulldowns. I can really feel that working the tricep!

The thing with dips for me is to really squeeze at the top of the movement.

im suprised no one's mentioned kickbacks... theyre an awesome finisher.

Originally posted by bballplayer4514
my tris need major help i cant really say any of the heads look to great plz list your favorite/most effective excercises for over all mass

Reverse Grip Bench Press
Skull Crushers
Dips
Tricep Pushdonws
Seated overhead tricep press

Just a few that come to mind

Originally posted by Monolith
im suprised no one's mentioned kickbacks... theyre an awesome finisher.
Kickbacks was mentioned! I can't do them though, it hurts my shoulder.

I only had like half a tri before I started doin close grip, skull crushers, dips, and pull downs. Now I am see'ing a major improvement by varying among these few workouts and now have the horseshoe. Am adding great mass to my arms and my bench has been going up as well.

Good job Deadbolt! :)

I start with dips, pumps em up nicely

then go into skull crushers, heavy weight 5-6 reps hits em really hard

then finish on push-downs, slowww reps of about 12... totally burns them!!!

i think thats a good routine my tris ache for days after it

peace

Do you do bar or rope?

Originally posted by Var
Close grip bench, skull crushers, & weighted dips.
Amen... these three movements done correctly and in the 4-8 rep range WILL build tricep mass. A good diet and nutritional program (i.e low bodyfat) will provide definition.

i switch between bar and rope

doing bar at the moment, prolly do rope next week

you guys do CG bench and skull crushers with D/B or B/B?

i use D/B for my skull crushers but i might try B/B, for some reason i feel B/B is better for me, B/B bench has definatly hit my chest a LOT better than D/B bench, hopefully might do the same on my tris... i'm getting sore just thinking bout it though

peace

Never tried CG Bench with DB's. Seems it would be hard.

Barbell

Yeah, I've always used BB. EZ bar wouldn't be bad either.

Like your Avi NB!

Close grip BP, scull crushers, reverse grip pressdowns, and dips keeping the head up and back arched.

When you do the scull crushers bring the bar down slightly behind the head instead of to the forehead to further isolate the tri's and do them on a moderate decline. The decline will counteract where you will normally lose some of the resistance on a flat bench at the end of the extension range.

Back