• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Training when sick

Jill

Back to reality
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Is it recommended to rest, or is it ok to still train when one is sick? I can tell my body is trying to fight a cold right now, and I rested yesterday, but wanna train today. I've trained in the past while sick, but dont know if its a good idea?:help:

Rest is best, however I trained through a cold - and that cold lasted 2 weeks. I am rarely sick at all, once a year tops I might feel ill for a day so that was very strange. I definitely got hit hard.

rest is def best. don't want to make the cold worse

REST REST REST REST REST...........Listen to your body!!!!!!!! Play stupid and you'll pay for it in the long run.

Originally posted by Jill
Is it recommended to rest, or is it ok to still train when one is sick? I can tell my body is trying to fight a cold right now, and I rested yesterday, but wanna train today. I've trained in the past while sick, but dont know if its a good idea?:help:

I think there are a couple of things to think about here. Number one is the cold just in your head? If that is the case then you are probably going to be ok doing a light workout. If the cold is affecting more than your head than you would be better off resting and getting better. The second thing I think you should consider is are you a gym member or workout at home? If you workout at a gym I think you should be considerate of other member and stay home until you are feeling better.

If it's a head cold how could you keep focus?

Originally posted by Jill
Jill don't train until your better. I hope your taking some vitamin C....

See if you can find Nutrabiotics Defense Plus and if you can take 2 caps 3xday until your better. I swear its a freaking miracle drug :D

Jodi -- I like your sig

Exactly. I was sick for 1.5 weeks and skipped the gym totally. It was hard and made me miserable but it was necessary.

Working out will only further weaken your immune system, mnaking it harder to get better. If you get restless, I would just lightly walk for 30 min to break a light sweat:shrug:

IML Gear Cream!
;) You're welcome sweetie

I feel better as the day goes on. Taking lotsa vit c, and my multi vits. My throat is just a little sore. My man has been in bed for 2 days (I think he has the flu). I think I just have a tiny cold. I really wanna go do my chest and tris, maybe 20 min of cardio?

I wouldn't tear your immune system down while you're ahead.

Airborn pathogens will get you!!!!! Relax until you're better. Everyone will tell you that.

Plus, if you're coughing and/or sneezing, no one else wants to touch your germs left behind on the equip. nor breath it in. Those germs will float around for nearly 2 hours.

it depends on how you feel.

like they said, listen to your body. if you're real exhausted/weak/nautious etc. then its prob. best to rest.

if you just have a head cold, up the vitamin C and go train.
it takes the national guard to keep me away from the gym with anything less than strep or the flu.

Good point Babsie- sick people should NOT go to the gym and spread their germs everywhere:finger:

Originally posted by Leslie
Good point Babsie- sick people should NOT go to the gym and spread their germs everywhere:finger:
Agree!! Jill just stay home and we can adjust your diet until your better. Seriously, its not worth it and you won't get any better that way.

Originally posted by Leslie

OMG...I must have a temp. This is the first time Jodi and Leslie actually agreed with me.....wholly cow.......BabsieGirl is reaching up to forehead............Nope not warm.......hmmmm...now puzzled....

Thanks you two............:bounce2: :bounce2: :banana: :dancer:

Originally posted by Flex
it takes the national guard to keep me away from the gym with anything less than strep or the flu.

Ditto, it is very hard for me to take even a single day off right now. I feel like 5 million dollars.

Jill - i'm in the same situation you are. Yesterday, I knew I had a fever and sore throat, but I just popped medicine till I felt it fading and went ahead and worked out. BAD IDEA. My workout was less intense and towards the end I could really feel my whole body waring and the cold coming back. I'm going to skip today and get some extra rest; hopefully the coach will understand. I've been taking lots of Vitamin C and Centrium Performance (not above recommended dosage, of course) here lately and it's seemed to help a bit.

IML Gear Cream!
I would stay home if I was you. Colds are turning into the flu and over the nation they are calling it an epedimic. I live in Tucson and it is so bad here that they may run out of flu vaccine.

I just got over the flu and I took A week off, and even then that was not enough.

Re: Re: Training when sick

Originally posted by Jodi
Jill don't train until your better. I hope your taking some vitamin C....

See if you can find Nutrabiotics Defense Plus and if you can take 2 caps 3xday until your better. I swear its a freaking miracle drug :D
hey, where do you get this at?

Back