• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Why is exercise bad for you?

LiftHardGainBig

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Exercise is BAD for you!...

Sup guys... I have a persuasive speech comming up and I wanted to take the side that "exercise is bad for you.". I think it'll be a better persuasive speech if I take that side. My question to you is what are some reasons why exercise is bad for you? sofar I have:
Injury due to improper form in weight lifting since a lot of ppl have bad form.
Joint problems from heavy weights
I have an article from sports illustrated on a guy who overtrained swimming and became anemic and couldnt participate in olympics.
Also I've heard of marathoners that have heart problems later in life...can somone tell me more about this also?
Any other idea's? thanks!

Sup guys... I have a persuasive speech comming up and I wanted to take the side that "exercise is bad for you.". I think it'll be a better persuasive speech if I take that side. My question to you is what are some reasons why exercise is bad for you? sofar I have:
Injury due to improper form in weight lifting since a lot of ppl have bad form.
Joint problems from heavy weights
I have an article from sports illustrated on a guy who overtrained swimming and became anemic and couldnt participate in olympics.
Also I've heard of marathoners that have heart problems later in life...can somone tell me more about this also?
Any other idea's? thanks!

p.s. plz dont get upset that I posted in open chat too. I know it gets a lot of traffic.

I suggest looking at the average lifespan of a professional body builder as well as addictions to supplements... stuff like that in combination with the ideas you already have...

Those are pretty week arguments man. There will always be isolated cases. To be persuasive, they pretty much have to be the rule, not the exception. Not meant as a flame, but your argumaent is going to need to be more solid.

You can get really buff and have women giving you too much attention which in turn pisses your woman off. She then starts to think your'e cheating on her and turns you into a eunich or clamps a chastity belt on you.

hahahha good one maniclion...lol
Bustinout, Its not gonna be a strong arguement i know, but the assignment is to have strong persuation skills. I'm choosing a weak argument on purpose.
HoldDaMayo, thanks for the ideas ill use that.

I disagree, you would have a much more persuasive argument if you took the opposite side. :shrug:

Exercise is NOT bad for you. The points you made do not put forth a valid argument that it is. Instead they point out some things that can happen as a result of improper exercise.

A better argument if you insist on taking this side of the argument would be heavy weight lifting in terms of "power lifting", now that can ultimately have some negative effects after many years.

Originally posted by Prince
The points you made do not put forth a valid argument that it is. Instead they point out some things that can happen as a result of improper exercise.

Exactly what i was gonna say.

That's like saying Eating is "bad" for you if you eat unhealthy. Or playing basketball is bad for you cuz when you jump you can hurt your ankles if you come down awkwardly. Or breathing is bad for you if its not 100% clean air. Anything is baf for you if done improperly..........

You can't use ifs in an arguement....

Your lats get so big you can't reach your ass to scratch it.:lol:

you guys dont see what im tryin to do here... I agree exercise is good for you. I exercise all the time. There really isn't a good arguement there. I'm showing MY persuasive skills by taking a bad side of an arguement. I'm really not going to make somone think that exercise is bad for you, but im taking that side to show my own persuasive skill.

IML Gear Cream!
here's another point, take this thread, and see that a bunch of muscle heads completely misunderstand your simple request and try to justify that exercise is good for you not bad....

hahahaha

Originally posted by HoldDaMayo
here's another point, take this thread, and see that a bunch of muscle heads completely misunderstand your simple request and try to justify that exercise is good for you not bad....

hahahaha

good one:thumb:

well, we get so big we can't tie our own shoes, fit through the doorway, shave our face or wipe our ass.

our grocery bill is through the roof.

it takes energy and time out of your "normal" life???

we (and me especially) sweat like pigs

there's not too many "serious" ones i can think of.......

The Arguments against the Exercise Regimen
*I found this somewhere.. I didn't write it.

1. It is well documented that for every mile that you jog, you add one minute to your life. This enables you at 85 years old to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing home at $5000 per month.

2. My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 now and we don't know where the hell she is.

3. I joined a health club last year, spent about 400 bucks. Haven't lost a pound. Apparently you have to show up.

4. I have to exercise early in the morning before my brain figures out what I'm doing.

5. I don't exercise at all. If God meant us to touch our toes, he would have put them further up on our body.

6. I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.

7. I have flabby thighs, but fortunately my stomach covers them.

8. The advantage of exercising every day is that you die healthier.

9. If you are going to try cross-country skiing, start with a small country.

And last but not least:

10. I DON'T JOG: IT MAKES THE ICE JUMP RIGHT OUT OF MY COCKTAIL.

it seems your only point is that over indulgence can lead to exercise being bad for you, but in reality overdoing anything can be bad for you. In moderation it isn't bad. I don't really think you have a point bro, sorry

gr81,
I dont have a good point in saying that exercise is bad for you. You are correct. In moderation, your right. Remember tho that this is for an assignment. I'm doin this knowing that exercise is good for you. I am just looking for these little exceptions to exploit. I'm taking the side of the arguement that nobody would think of taking.

Also, this is a persuasive speech. Everyone knows its good to exercise, so if i went that route I woudlnt be persuading anyone...

I'm seriously laughing my ass off at this thread...

IML Gear Cream!
oh my god!!
another non-educated person from the third world coming to a sports forum, and writing a thread that says "excersise is bad for you".

just go fuck yourself.

Mountain biking is excercise and you can get hurt. runners get blisters and if not cared for properly can get infected. runners and road riders(bicyclist) can get hit by cars. running on a tread mill your shoe string can come untied and get hooked in the mechanisms and rip your foot off.

Originally posted by nectron101
oh my god!!
another non-educated person from the third world coming to a sports forum, and writing a thread that says "excersise is bad for you".
just go fuck yourself.
Hey LiftHard, here's one I thought of after seeing this post. :haha:

Weight training leads to poor reading comprehension. :funny:

Nectron... did you actually read the post?

:headbang:

I hope nectron was just joking or sumthin... if not, what a f'n idiot. Thanks for those of you who gave some idea's. I dont know of an easier way of explaining it than the way I did....? I think i found enough info today to finish my speech tho.

I am a good debater, I not only got an A in speech class in college, but the class voted me "most likely to become a public speaker". But I cannot help with this side of the argument cause not only do I completely disagree, but because I cannot think of a good argument of why exercise is bad for anyone. :shrug:

Prince, you are educated and you do understand how persuasive speech works though, it's not about having a good argument... IF... there was a good argument, it would be VERY simple to argue that point, therefore not really testing your skills in persuasive speech... by chosing topics that have very little popularity, you really show your ability to be creative... I commend Lift for his choice in this matter... I believe it will be really challenging and I would very much like to see how he pulls it off... but we all know when it comes down to it, he's not going to PROVE anything, just create some food for thought :D

Being as much a smartass as I am... I find myself arguing with people even if deep down i agree with what they are saying just to see how much they know about the subject... I guess that would also explain why i have no friends... haha :laugh:

Back