• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Bad rap for carbs?

ironMan0929

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
The new thing today seems to be to blame fat on carbs. Am i the only one who is pro-carb? I eat about ~250 carbs, ~160 g of protein, and ~65 g fat per day. I come out to my goal calories of about 3000.

Isn't it excess CALORIES that make you fat? Why would it matter with the calories come from, as long as their clean calories and within your caloric goals??? I don't think its excess carbs that convert to fat, its excess food that is not burned off throughout the day, no matter what the source..carbs, protein, fat.. As you know.. excess protein is converted to fat, too!!!

All of my carbs come from fruit, veggies, & whole wheat bread. Every day I go to the gym, I am FULL of energy. I have seen SO many forums telling people to drop or lower the fruit to lower carbs.. simple or complex carbs, fruit is damn good for you, and the benefits TREMENDOUSLY outweigh the negatives. its the natural candy God made us!!!

I have a clean diet & cheat sparingly.. isn't that the true objective? Show me a someone who is fat from too much fruit and veggies, and I'll jump on the bandwagon!! :)

I really believe that people lose weight on Atkins, etc. because they are more consious of the food & type of food they eat rather than the carbohydrate ratio.

Science won't convince me.. because today someone says apples lower the risk of lung cancer, but tomorrow they will say that apples cause kidney failure. 10 years ago, the diet fad was low fat, high carb. Isn't this low carb thing just next in line?

I'm not saying pack on the Carbs as high as you can go... the key to all of dieting is moderation. Stay within your calorie boudaries, exercise hard, and the results will follow.

I'm pretty sure 99% of you will disagree, but anyone agree?

Who says we don't believe in carbs around here. :scratch:

I just had a high carb day yesterday (approx. 250G).

I don't understand why you think we don't eat carbs. The majority of us do. Now, to cut, then yes you do need to decrease the carbs a bit but the same goes with the need to decrease fat. :shrug:

I believ in carbs!!!! I eat a shit ton of them everyday.

to prove to you that I like carbs I am now eating a big bowl of raisen bran crunch.........mmmmmmmm I love it!!

Originally posted by P-funk
to prove to you that I like carbs I am now eating a big bowl of raisen bran crunch.........mmmmmmmm I love it!!
Refeed eh? :D

That was yesterday. I ate a HUGE bowl of WW Pasta :clap:

hey jodi.. quick question... i keep seeing people talking about a refeed.. what is that? a load up on carbs?

no not a refeed.....bulking up!!! I had 8 oz. of chicken, salad, dressing and a bowl of raisen bran crunch.

Originally posted by ironMan0929
hey jodi.. quick question... i keep seeing people talking about a refeed.. what is that? a load up on carbs?
Refeeds are typically done while cutting (ie. caloric defecit) They are used to raise leptin, refill muscle and liver glycogen and they also provide sanity release from dieting.

Typically a refeed is done every 4-5 days. The lower the caloric deficit and the lower body fat you are the more often the refeed. Average refeed is 1 day where you keep protein around 1G per lb of body weight, you keep fat to 0 and only get whats in your protein and carbs and then you eat a whack load of carbs :lol: You should keep fructose to a min though like 50-75G for the day.

Your purpose is actually to Spill over into your fat cells so to raise Leptin.

I can tell you for a fact that even a moderate amount of SHYT carbs will absolutely, make my waist larger the next morning.

Moderate amounts of quality carbs like oatmeal with no sugar at all, I dont really notice, 27g carbs per sitting and not many during the day.

^^ Mudge, are you really that carb-sensitive or is it all in the mind? I read in your bulking post taht you're only eating 81g of carbs a day...I could never get by on a bulking phase with that meager amount of carbs...

Peace.

IML Gear Cream!
It really depends on the person... some have to be very picky about the types of carbs they consume, some can have a field day and still be very lean... Quality carbs are very important... i consider fiber to be an invaluable part of my diet... classified as a carb none the less...

i don't even count fiber in my diet...I look at it as free food.

I need way more than 81g of carbs. That low and I look/feel like shit. I look/feel better on 200+g of carbs.

Back