• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Cardio question

HoldDaMayo

Just call me Mayo
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Can 30 mins a day of eliptical or stationary bike harm your LBM? I'm not so concerned with hurting gains, as I'm not bulking atm, but I'm concerned about losing LBM that I have gained... My diet is not super conservative when it comes to calories... I feel I am taking care of my body nutritionally... but I just want to make sure that doing 30 mins of cardio won't be putting my body into a catabolic state...

everyday? then it might.. even with a good diet cuz you'll be burning so many calories.. you'll have to make up for it by eating more.. def keep the protein up.. glut might help.. i'd cut the cardio down.. keep gettin you cals and protein and you shouldn't lose too much

every other day be ok? Like in the morning? I do all my weight training in the evening on Monday, Wednesday, Friday... would it be ok to do cardio like 3-4 days a week in the morning?

I really didn't mean everyday... I was just bored in my Hotel and did 30 mins yesterday and was wondering if it was ok for me to do another 30 mins to occupy my time...

haha, I've been here since Monday... I'm just going a bit crazy... also, I've been a dumbass with my diet while out here... Prince, man, I had the BEST double cheeseburger from Sonic while I have been out here in St Louis, I almost ordered another one it was so damn good...

Anyway, I'm just irritated because I need to be more serious about my diet and I've been f'n up lately... I'm just thinking maybe a bit of extra cardio will help alleviate my poor choices... I brought MRP's and EFA supp... so I'm not exactly terrible, but I NEVER eat french fries, and I've had 2 servings in the last week... bleh...

Originally posted by Prince
why would you want, or think you need, to do 30 minutes of cardio everyday?

I would say 20 minutes of HIIT cardio 3-4 times per week is sufficient and would not put yourLBM at risk.
Do you think that is acceptable on a cut also Prince?

I would say 20 minutes of HIIT cardio 3-4 times per week is sufficient and would not put yourLBM at risk.

Are we talking on a bulk here? Being an ectomorph, I have to beg, cry, and beat myself to make any gains at all. I am on a bulking diet, and I don't want to shoot myself in the foot by negating my gains through cardio.

Maybe twice a week tops HIIT for 20 minutes?

Or none at all for a "proper" clean bulk?

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by BlueCorsair
Are we talking on a bulk here? Being an ectomorph, I have to beg, cry, and beat myself to make any gains at all. I am on a bulking diet, and I don't want to shoot myself in the foot by negating my gains through cardio.

Maybe twice a week tops HIIT for 20 minutes?

Or none at all for a "proper" clean bulk?

an ectomorph on a bulk...I would probably recommend no cardio.

I don't know what kind of body type I am... I'm naturally thin, but I have larger quads and calves then most people my size... I also don't have a size pack unless I cut for it, but my normal stomach size is flat... before i started lifting i had NO chest at all... now I am starting to develop some... I think I am mostly an ectomorph, but not 100%

Thanks for the tip Prince, appreciated very much.

Now, if anyone can approve my routine (also posted on this page) I think I might be on track :)

Last edited:
Where on this page is it posted Blue?

To what I heard about cardio anything over twenty min is when your starting to burn fat. I usually do about 35 min everyday just because I have a problem loosing the fat. I can bulk easily enought but loosing the fat is a pain in the ass for me.

In your opinion Prince, is the 20 contain a 5 min warm-up and 3 min cooldown?

Man 30 min of cardio is a shitload! If u have a hard time gaining weight than like Prince says cut out the cardio. I do a 5 min warmup on the bike before hitting the weights but that's about it. And basically if your skinny and you've always been skinny(gut doesn't count) than your probably an ectomorph. Cardio is your enemy.

I was thinking of doing about 1hour of cardio once a week which included run/cycle/ski

During bulking. Not sure how I will be effected...

Back