• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

benefits of a light sessions

omegaman

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
can anybody explain or direct me to a link on the benefits of going light.
i got some idea about slow twitching and fast twitching muscles.
thank you for all comments

can you be more specific? do you mean light weight, high reps?
confused.gif

------------------
got muscle?

I do the light thing after my rest week to get back into the grove.

I have read through a workout, where you do heavy upperbody one day, light lower the next, rest one, then light upperbody, then the next day do heavy lower. I haven't tried it though.

------------------
If you can't run with the big dogs...don't get off the porch.

Unless you are a beginner, the body adapts very quickly to a certain routine. To keep growing (as it pertains to training) you need to throw something at it once in a while like lighter weight more reps or something like that it's not expecting, sort of like shock therapy. But no matter if your using a heavy weight or a light weight, always adjust the reps accordingly so you are challenging the muscle(s).

------------------
If you build it they will come

For arms I like to go lite and heavy on every work out. One routine were I go heavy followed by a set of light, high rep. Something new I am trying.

I find it beneficial to incorporate a week of light sessions following 3-4 weeks of heavy training.I stick to 1-5 reps during my heavy sessions and 10-12 reps during my light sessions.This gives my muscles and attachments a break from the heavy stress of low reps.I also find that after a week of lighter reps, my strength levels tend to go up a litle bit.Before incorporating light training, I frequently became burnt out and overtrained.

------------------
matt toupalik

Back