• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Baseball Winter Meetings: Red Sox trade rumor

I Are Baboon

pedal pedal pedal
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
A late rumor indicates the following:

Red Sox send Manny Ramirez to Texas and send Nomar and Trot Nixon to Philadelphia.

Texas sends A-Rod to the Red Sox.

Philly sends Bobby Abreu and Jimmy Rollins to the Red Sox.

Just rumors.....I'll post more if I hear them.

Wow, I don't know about that!

I don't know much about the two players from philly but looking at there stats, I am not to impressed with that deal.

Originally posted by IainDaniel
Wow, I don't know about that!

Well, these rumors have leaked in the last couple of hours. This was reported by a Philadelphia sports writer.

Looks like strictly a salary move by the Red Sox. I understand they may have to trade Nomar, but I expect an All Star caliber player in return. These two guys (Rollins and Abreu) just fill voids. :rolleyes:

That was my thoughts exactly, I hope these rumours don't pan out! I think that would be a step backwards, with alot of potential for this season.

I have not heard anything else on that Philly rumor.

Latest word is that the A-Rod talks have been called of for now and the Sox are focusing on signing Nomar. The Dodgers apparently are intensely interested in Nomar, so if the A-Rod trade does happen, there is a good chance Nomar ends up there. Of course, this is all rumor and speculation.

Keith Foulke is expected to announce his decision today.

Did you hear the rumor that Roger Clemens may come out of retirement to join Houston and Andy Pettitte (his best friend)? Crazy stuff!

ESPNEWS is reporting that Keith Foulke has signed with Boston. 3 years, $21 million with a 4th year option.

FUCK YEAH!

Sorry, oaktownboy. (really)

Originally posted by I Are Baboon
ESPNEWS is reporting that Keith Foulke has signed with Boston. 3 years, $21 million with a 4th year option.

FUCK YEAH!

Sorry, oaktownboy. (really)

yesssssssssssssssssss:thumb:

IML Gear Cream!
well i knew it was going to happen...whenever a player on the A's gets good enough to be caliber, they demand more money which the A's organization just does not have

The A-Rod/Manny trade rumors have supposedly "heated up" within the last 24 hours. They are saying this trade could be finalized at any moment.

:rolleyes:

I just want closure, one way or the other.

The latest rumors have Nomar going to Chicago AL in exchange for Magglio Ordonez. Interesting.....

as of right now (11:30pm et) the players association has rejected the contract. supposedly A-rod wouldnt benefit enough from restructuring.....

BUT, selig just said he may overturn their decision. if so, it'd go to a super arbitrator guy that would decide what wuold be able to happen.....

selig said there has to be a decision by 5pm tomoorow, its heating up....

A-Rod wouldn't benefit from restructuring :rolleyes:

The guy makes 25 million dollars a freaking year. For the amount of time he is on the field either fielding and hitting he makes roughly $250,000 AN HOUR.

Imagine if the league took half of his contract and used it to buy tickets for underpriviledged or disabled kids around the league so they could attend games. Don't even get me started on basketball salaries.

Originally posted by Flex
as of right now (11:30pm et) the players association has rejected the contract. supposedly A-rod wouldnt benefit enough from restructuring.....

BUT, selig just said he may overturn their decision. if so, it'd go to a super arbitrator guy that would decide what wuold be able to happen.....

selig said there has to be a decision by 5pm tomoorow, its heating up....

This whole thing has turned into a frikkin mess. :rolleyes:

Bud Selig getting involved would be about the only good thing he's ever done. The players' union SUCKS. I guess we'll finally know by the end of today what's going to happen with this.

Back