• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

What would you buy for the ultimate home gym?

ajustana

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Assuming you had a gigantic room in your basement to use for a home gym and an unlimited budget, what equipment would you buy?

The following would be a good start, don't ya think?

PowerBlock Pro Rexan Dumbbell Set 5-85lbs w/stand ($660.00)
Power Rack Machine ($399.00)
300lb Olympic weight set w/bar ($169.00)
Adjustable Standard Bench ($100.00)
Olympic curl bar ($70.00)
Olympic Weight Tree ($60.00)
Heavy Duty Rubber Mat ($59.95)
Olympic spring collars for bar (2) ($14.95)

All that for $1500. Just think....at $50/month of gym costs, that's only 2 1/2 years.

I'd need more than that. Dumbbells to at least 200 lbs. At least 600 lbs of weights. I don't think you can get a GOOD adjustable bench for $100. I'd also want a better bar than the one that comes with a 300 lb set. I've already bent mine. Better make that $3000.

A good start? That's pretty close to my ultimate goal!
I started with two cheap dumbell handles, a curl bar and about 100lbs in plates. Now I find myself buying more plates about as often as I pay the rent! I've since added an adjustable bench with a lat tower and preacher pad. Its not much but it gets the job done.

Key thing to remember is no matter what equipment you have, it won't do a single thing for you if you do not use it properly! Bodybuilding is about quality training and proper nutrition.
My equipment may not be the gretest, but I do see gains!

You need the lat pulldown w/ low row IMHO, in addition to the weights, bench and you could save on dumbells by jumping by 10 rather than 5. I bought 25's - 35's - 45's - 55's at first and that was good for a while, now I;ve been adding the inbetweens, as well as heavier and lighter.

Originally posted by ajustana
Assuming you had a gigantic room in your basement to use for a home gym and an unlimited budget, what equipment would you buy?

everything would be commercal quality, e.g. all equipment would be Cybex, all cardio machines would be Precor, etc.

I would basically have everything a "real gym" would have, but of course only one of each piece.

Back