• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Greeky gets serious!!!

greekblondechic

I'm special :)
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Alright..after looking through some other journals, I've decided it's time to start my own so here goes...

I need to lose weight blah!!!
Not sure what my stats are..but I do know I gained 4-5lbs during finals :(
Currently dealing with some major tummy problems (IBS) and eating disorderish problems (binges) altho I think the binges might be under control now that school's out YAY!

Ok here's my *ideal* diet plan:

45 mins empty stomach cardio (5x a week)

1/2 cup oatmeal w splenda/cinnamon
1.5 scoop protein OR 6 whites
3 strawberrries

4oz chicken or can of tuna + salad and 1tbsp olive oil or a few peanuts
1 fruit (banana, apple, etc)

1.5 scoops protein 1-2tbsp peanut butter

weights (3x a week)

4 oz chicken + salad + small sweet potato
(no sweet potato on non weight days)

6 whites or 1.5 scoop protein

Now as I mentioned this is IDEAL not Real LOL
I come from a traditional greek family who bugs me soo much just for not eating bread and pasta and other stuff, so sometimes i just try to adapt what they are eating to my diet as best I can..this usually means for lunch or dinner I am sometimes eating non lean meat such as pork or beef or lamb..I try to cut off as much fat as i can..

Also, as mentioned earlier I have some stomach problems..it sucks because I cant even eat some of the healthy things id like bc they make me feel sick but hopefully ill conquer it soon
For a while it was making me binge bc simple starchy carbs like crackers help calm an upset tummy, but I am avoiding those now because every time i eat them they set me off to BINGE horribly
Stress and depression/anger probably also contributing to binges.. trying to take care of that too.

I never measure my salad/veggies..is that ok??
Also sometimes I dont measure meat..try to eyeball it..I know that's bad..

Ok I will get back to u guys with stats when I measure tomorrow..keep in mind I gained during finals YUCK
and I may even take before pics when I get my cam on :barf:

Im excited to be on this forum, I know u guys will be soo helpful :D Thank you in advance!!!

Ok so, now here's what I ate today

45 mins cardio

1/2c oatmeal 1.5scoop protein, sugar free syrup

ground beef (didnt measure..estimate 3/4 -1c including the veggies in it..too much)
asparagus
*forgot the banana!*

low carb protein bar

can tuna + spinach
1 box sugar free jello

skipping last meal - too sick to my stomach, goin to bed early

also had a whole bunch of sugar free candies
have been using them in attempt to stop binges thru substitution but i think they make me sick, so im going to give them up

I have a sort of sweet addiction, even with artificial sweeteners
Trying to wean myself off them and get taste buds to adjust bc right now i use TOOO much splenda

However i didnt binge today yay!!! And i did not even TOUCH the choc chip waffles sitting in the fridge which are always a huge temptation for me..so far so good..

Last edited:
before you post your pic you must be aware that I am the site pic mod. you must send your pics to me before posting so that I can make sure there clean. :D

Greek!

Good luck with your journal! Reading your diet made me hungry!
If you get the munchies, try that Polar Ice Gum. I love the stuff! It keeps me from eatting the cookies and sugar candies that work always has.

Have you ever tried protien powder pudding? That is a yummy snack too. Very easy to make just have to use a protein powder that tastes good. To make, you use sugar free pudding powder in choc. add that to about 1 1/4 to 1/2 c. water, then two HUGE scoops of protein powder. Mix with a fork till thick. Stick in the frig for about an hour...then eat!

As far as the salad, I usually go throw heads of lettuce as my snack foods too. I cut it in fourths and eat it like potato chips.

Looks really good especially the idea on (which you should be following :p) any way its a start. I swear It was worse then pulling teeth to you to get to start one, but trust me in the end you will thank me for doing so !! We have come along way already lets not take 2 steps back and 1 foward. lets keep moving forward you can do it and people are here to support you in any way shape or form

Originally posted by greekblondechic

I have a sort of sweet addiction, even with artificial sweeteners
Trying to wean myself off them and get taste buds to adjust bc right now i use TOOO much splenda
Oh my god. I think I have met my twin. I could live off of sweets, for real. I find if I eat even too much splenda it upsets my stomach too. And binges-that part of my past life story-present too! Glad you're here! Good luck and I look forward to reading your journal!;)

Currently dealing with some major tummy problems (IBS)
Papaya enzyme chewables have helped me with IBS and sore stomach bloating from carbs.

Yes jodi, I agree and also some ginger root will. I swear I almost was going to go over there with a bat and chase her to the doctors office. She is a very dedicated girl and just needs a kick in the ass and to twist her arm but eventually she listens to me. Jodi if you want a good enzyme ck out wobenzyme I wil find the link. They are excellent. For IBS equactactin and benefiber work wonders. I think more people suffer from IBS then they realize and I think we should start a thread so people are more aware of this. It affects 20 % of americans and some times people are obivous that they have it and don't know it. So far For IBs I have found Enyxmes and acidolpholisis, biffidolpholis, and other bacteria cultures help out tremendously. I think the reason alot of people can not reach their goals is becuase they body can not assimulate the food properly and it just end up bloating them. You agree? Becuase as I stated before we are not what we eat but what we can assimulate ...

Welcome GreekChick :D

I used to eat alot of sweets however when you get off of the sugar you really dont crave any...i know that it sounds hard to believe but its true....sweetners and sugar will cause you to cave sweets and so although the first week is hellish...if you go no sugar you will crave no sugar :D i would start AFTER Xmas though ;) I will be watching you and if you have any ?'s just let me know.

Jenny.

Ty very much everyone..already your support is so motivating! Im the kind of person that needs a lot of support, so I am SO glad I joined.

Anyway, here's my stats as of today:

Used to be
5'6.5"
145lbs
chest 40
waist 28.25
hips 37
thighs 22.5

Currently
152lbs :bawling:
chest 40
waist 29.25
hips 38
thighs 23.25
calves 14.5
arms 11.25

I know that I gained a bit of muscle and some of it is probably water as well.. but when I weighed myself I wanted to cry!!
I drank a cup of tea and went to the gym instead tho :D

Anyway, Im going to try my very best to NOT cheat on Christmas..And also not drink on my 21st bday (Dec 27th)
Because I really want to get back to where I was..Im not happy with myself right now and I need to get back before I can be happy again..
I am wondering tho how I will pull off not drinking on my 21st tho LOL.. yet wondering if I take ALA if it will pretty much reverse any damage a few drinks would do..PLUS an extra cardio session on sunday.. like I said, losing weight is more important to me right now, but at the same time I know it will be hard to resist.. Altho I dont want my progress halted...any input on that would be great

Some excuses I thought of for not drinking:
"No thanks, I'm pregnant"
"Alcohol reacts badly with my schizo meds"
"My husband shot the last guy that tried to buy me a drink and I like you too much for that to happen"
Of course none of them are true :shhh: hehe
I'm single, sane (sort of), and not pregnant :p

Ok I will update later with today's diet.. :)

IML Gear Cream!
Good that you updated your general other wise I was going to come over there and kick you in the ass and make sure you do it. See everything I told you so far has been right on. Hon, this was the best move you have made in reaching your fitness goals. We are all here to suport you in time of need remeber that

Good Luck hun, you have tons of support right here! :kiss:

todays diet

45min cardio

1/2c oatmeal 1.5scoop protein, sf syrup
1 tsp unsweetened shredded coconut
4 strawberries

4oz deli turkey breast, no cal dressing
lots of spinach
handful peanuts
1 large apple

unmeasured pork portion (i like to pick bones cant measure)
a bit spinach

diet hot chocolate
1 box sf jello
(again, got up late today and not too hungry)

I had no sugar free candy today yayyyy!

I'm a bit confused about two things:
First I know two protein sources a day should be fattier..but is pork acceptable?
Second, some sources say coconut is the best source of fat others say its the worst.. today I used more than usual, I usually only use a tiny bit bc a little goes a long way. so how is coconut as a fat source, and how is it just when u use a tiny bit? :confused:

You better keep updating this or santa isn't going to come visit you this year !!

lmao.. I am I am! I love it..I just have a lot of unanswered questions tho.. :confused:
BTW what's santa getting me this year??? :angel2:
Before pics are coming soon..

A year supply of ALA and protein powder !! LOL

hahaha santa must have money! :evil:

Originally posted by hardasnails1973
A year supply of ALA and protein powder !! LOL

dang, well dear santa Ive been a very good girl too! haha :angel2:

hehe atherjen..ill share!

todays diet + workout

45mins cardio

1/2c oatmeal 1.5scoop protein sf syrup
pinch coconut

can tuna + salad, balsamic + splenda (my fave dressing)
1/2 oz nuts (makes salad more yummy too)
1 whole apple (sliced, sf syrup or cinnamon, nuked for 2-2.5mins mmmm fake apple pie)

1.5scoop protein 1 large tbsp peanut butter sf syrup
(yeah i just got da vinci sf syrups so i use them a lot! yum!)

weights - chest and bi's ( i got SOOO weak)
sauna - 30mins

diet v8 splash (20 cal - 6carbs)
4-5oz chicken, spinach, small sweet potato

1 box sf jello (beginning to see a trend here)
im actually wondering if jellos an acceptable source of protein LOL

It helps keep me from eating other junk
again no sugar free candies woohoo!
I actually used to use gum and sf ff pudding to ward of cravings but i had to stop bc gum bad for heartburn and pudding=diary=high carbs esp if u eat a box a day!
i do use diet sodas, diet snapples, etc but tryin to give up diet soda ..
TEA ROCKS..esp when u buy all diff cool flavors

j'bo..my cravings r gettin better but i dont think i can go completely no fake sugar... i would just like to be able to use less splenda and stevia..its expensive! lol how do i adjust my tastebuds? wean off over time?
jill..if i figure it out ill let u know!!

ty for the suggestions all..im goin to buy papaya tablets and SAN loaded next time i go out shopping!

How can i look my absolute best for my bday on saturday
tryin to lose water weight w sauna..what else? :help:

How can i look my absolute best for my bday on saturday
tryin to lose water weight w sauna..what else? :help:

watch your sodium intake, Id cut back on all the artificial sweetners and products with it. also drinks TONS of water!!! ;)

btw, Happy early Birthday! :D

IML Gear Cream!
thanks atherjen..i can watch sodium..but artificial sweeteners?! now ur askin a lot :D

I was afraid i wouldnt get to post bc my power was out..but its back on yay!!!!

TODAY:

45 mins cardio

1/2c oatmeal 1/2 tsp milled flaxseeds
1.5scoop protein sf syrup 2 strawberries

4-5oz chicken salad small handful nuts 1 apple

1 and a half low carb protein bars (total 300cals 30g protein 14g fat)

salad w a tad low cal italian
6 medium shrimp scampi (asked for very light on butter still had plenty)
4-5oz(who knows) sirloin steak w sauteed onions and mushrooms
(didnt eat any of the cheese go me!)
broccoli (yum!)

wanted to do weights today but was very lightheaded and tired..possibly too much sauna..
got all my christmas shopping done tho!

contemplating diuretics..i know theyre bad long term but what about very short term?? :D

diuretics arent a solution to weight gain...proper stable diets and exercise are the only things that work. just be patient and we will help you as best we can. relax over the holidays and once jan 2nd comes you better be ready to rock :rocker:

Greek keep it up hon you are doing really good. Holidays are coming and I have one cheat meal tommrrow and then I am done for I don;t know when. MY one freind hasn't cheated since april 2003. and you should see what he looks like now. I know you are discplined and your stress levels should be reduced alot becuase of no school. Enjoy the holidays,but think in moderation !! MARCH 5-7 here I come !!

Hi girl:) U are doing awesome! Weaning yourself off sugar, real and fake is a good idea. If you are doing the carb cycling diet then you get to eat fruits on your carb days, maybe that can be your sweet food?

Any big plans for your birthday? My 21st was a huge snowstorm and I had to stay in! I hope you have better luck:D

I dont intend to cheat over the holidays.. Ive had enough bad food to last me a while.. I need to really get going before I can reincorporate cheats..

All I know right now is for the past few days I can't go potty, I'm bloated, I'm dizzy/lightheaded, and constantly freezing unless I've got a nice cup of hot tea :( this sucks!!!

BTW whats in March HAN?

I'm going to dinner and dancing with a bunch of friends on my bday..telling them I wont be drinking let's see what happens :p

TODAY:

45mins cardio

1/2c oatmeal 1/2 tsp flaxseeds tiny pinch coconut sf syrup
6 whites

can tuna, salad, handful peanuts
1 apple

1tsp peanut butter

porkchop (dont know how much) salad no cal dressing

box sf jello, a few very small pieces of apple and melon
diet hot chocolate (yum)

Last edited:
People should never concern themselves with weight alone. For a woman, I know it's especially hard not to, given how many have this notion of "how much" a woman should weigh.

Of course, that doesn't take into account body/bone structure, as well as the activity levels, and nature of the activities (weight lifting, for example).

Going by your measurements alone, and an assumption, I see nothing wrong with your weight, at all. I've known plenty of woman who were around 5'5'', and ~150, who looked damn good; certainly more so than their emaciated, Body By Buchenwald counterparts. :)

And yes, chewable papaya/bromelain enzymes are absolutely splendid for IBS, as well as general gastrointestinal distress. The ginger can also help along similar lines.

Very true, that was one of the problem with starvation dieters and diet teas and the like. People lose bone density and muscle mass, and think they will somehow look better.

Think quality :)

OK SO

I was planning on not cheating today..HA WHAT A JOKE
I totally messed up

started out fine...

1/2c oatmeal 1.5scoop protein
3 strawberries

4oz porkchop, salad, 1tbsp peanut butter
1 apple

THEN!!!!!!!!
TONS of Shrimp w cocktail sauce, celery w tad dip, few carrots, lotsa lamb, salad, TONS of cherries and grapes!! a bit punch (fruit juice and diet soda)
and two small bites of rum ball and 1 small bite baklava

That was the sinker..
i had some diet hot chocolate to avoid eating anymore but I already set myself up
went back and had 1.5 pieces baklava and 2.5 rum balls
and some chips and i basically wanted to eat whatever i could find even tho I was sick as hell..

Im not sure why when i start I just wanna keeeeep going and cant seem to stop even tho I feel SICKKK like, I wanna puke..
I know insulin is involved..but I also tryin to figure out the mental part of it..

All cuz I let myself have a tiny little taste...

BTW, I know its not all about weight..I do have a considerable amount of muscle and am actually concerned about going too low on calories (on days I stick to diet that is) ull see if i ever post b4 pics..

I did however lose 4lbs..(mostly water i bet)
was down to 148 this morning (who knows after todays binge)

Oh well..this just means gotta do cardio on fri sat sun to make sure i dont get superfat from today!

*sigh* and i wanted a break lol :)

I'll figure myself out eventually..
Thanks for the support and comments guys, Im already addicted to this site, I love the feedback!

OK SO

I was planning on not cheating today..HA WHAT A JOKE
I totally messed up

started out fine...

1/2c oatmeal 1.5scoop protein
3 strawberries

4oz porkchop, salad, 1tbsp peanut butter
1 apple

THEN!!!!!!!!
TONS of Shrimp w cocktail sauce, celery w tad dip, few carrots, lotsa lamb, salad, TONS of cherries and grapes!! a bit punch (fruit juice and diet soda)
and two small bites of rum ball and 1 small bite baklava

That was the sinker..
i had some diet hot chocolate to avoid eating anymore but I already set myself up
went back and had 1.5 pieces baklava and 2.5 rum balls
and some chips and i basically wanted to eat whatever i could find even tho I was sick as hell..

Im not sure why when i start I just wanna keeeeep going and cant seem to stop even tho I feel SICKKK like, I wanna puke..
I know insulin is involved..but I also tryin to figure out the mental part of it..

All cuz I let myself have a tiny little taste...

BTW, I know its not all about weight..I do have a considerable amount of muscle and am actually concerned about going too low on calories (on days I stick to diet that is) ull see if i ever post b4 pics..

I did however lose 4lbs..(mostly water i bet)
was down to 148 this morning (who knows after todays binge)

Oh well..this just means gotta do cardio on fri sat sun to make sure i dont get superfat from today!

*sigh* and i wanted a break lol :)

I'll figure myself out eventually..
Thanks for the support and comments guys, Im already addicted to this site, I love the feedback!

LOL, sounds exactly how my day went. Good intentions to start with... but with the family over, food everywhere... there's just no resisting. :D

Back