• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Sumo Deads anyone?

Skyliner

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Till now I still can't master the technique for a regular Deadlift, but I realise I can, however perform decent Sumo Style Deadlifts and SLDL. Therefore now whenever I work on my lower back and legs, I'll alternate Sumo Deads and SLDL. I would like to know besides those I list below, does Sumo Deads work on any other muscles beside those?

- Traps
- Quads and Hams
- Lower Back

BTW, are regular deads better or Sumos?

sumo's work your adductors more than regular deadlifts. straight legged deadlifts work your hamstrings and glutes more and your back less than either regular deadlifts or sumo deadlifts, which work the back very strongly. you can also do sumo style straight legged deadlifts, which will work your adductors more than straight legged deadlifts.

Last edited:
Pardon my ignorance but what are Adductors? BTW, the Back you are refering too is mainly lower back right?

the adductors are the inner part of your thighs, which are always worked harder if you take a wider stance, wether it be squats, legpresses or deadlifts. the regular deadlift is actually considered a basic back exercise, kind of like the squat is for legs. not just lower back, but all back muscles are being worked - not too many people use regular deadlifts in their back routine, cause they are hard work. it does also work your legs of course, but not like a squat will (just like you also work your back doing squats, but not as much as a regular deadlift will). hope this helps you out.

Thanks a bunch cytrix :)

In that case I'll propably throw regular deads in a corner for a while, since I train upper Back on Monday (Deads on Wed), and it won't be smart to put stress on my upper back just after 1 day's rest.

forearms, glutes, abs etc.. it works most of your body either directly or indirectly.

my shins prefer sumos to regular DLs ...

ha ...just a test reply

Back