PDA

View Full Version : Joints and cartilage;

Evil ANT
01-05-2004, 07:03 PM
Guys,

Do you know of anything you can take to help your joints and cartilage from crapping out? I think my muscles have been developing too fast for my cartilage or something.

I bought some calcium suppliments today, but I doubt they'll do much. I've also been taking multimineral vitamins every day.

I need to get this damn soreness in my shoulders to go away. I took two days off from lifting and they felt great, but fifteen minutes into my workout today and they were screaming in pain again.

Thanks!

Mudge
01-05-2004, 08:54 PM
http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24711&highlight=collagen+synthesis

http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21514&highlight=collagen+synthesis

I am taking glucosamine chondroitin (some high dose softgel stuff from www.puritans.com ), and moderate dose deca to help with the joint cushioning. Glucosamine chondroitin should be taken regularly I believe for best results, not something you cycle when you feel like it. Seems that things like milk thistle are 100% the same, LONG TERM or nothing much seen from them. MSM I believe is something for joint cushioning but not actual repair.

I am taking accutane which has dried me out, and according to my PDR is degenerative to connective tissues. I believe it because my bicep tendons have been bitching for some time, and finally after about 2 weeks I am starting to feel really good, I had to take time out of the gym because of it. Moderator on another board apperantly was out of the gym for months it was so bad.

Fix it now before it does something bad later, and watch those poundages and that form.

PreMier
01-05-2004, 09:11 PM
I also take Glucosamine Chondroitin. I got mine at walmart and it is triple strength, so only two pills a day. Works really well. Also as Mudge stated you have to use it religiously for maximum benefits.

Mudge
01-05-2004, 09:22 PM
By the way, test inhibits collagen synthesis at high levels (as seen in one of the articles).

Evil ANT
01-05-2004, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Mudge
By the way, test inhibits collagen synthesis at high levels (as seen in one of the articles).
Yes, I remember you talking about that in one of your earlier posts, which is why I figured you may have somewhat of a solution. :)

Thanks for recommending the glucosamine chondroitin. I'll stop by GNC tomorrow to see if I can find any there. When I lift I have pretty decent form (better than most people I know), and I try not to lift crazy weights and risk hurting myself.