• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

licorice

First of all, I'd be wary of making any conclusions based on studying 7 people. I can take 7 people and prove cigarettes are good for you.

Licorice is a aldosterone agonist, too much of it has caused deaths due to hypokalemia (low serum potassium) so I am wary of using it in athletes who sweat alot and lose potassium to begin with. If this guy had presented it at an annual meeting for nephrologists instead of endocrinologists, many of the doctors would have shuddered at the thought of taking licorice extract with a diuretic since the latter would enhance the potassium loss and probably make it more dangerous in terms of hypokalemia. Remember, low potassium in the blood or hypokalemia is what kills BBs or wrestlers who use diuretics.

I'm not discounting the study, it is a first step in isolating a possible effective "fat burner" .

Last edited:
Diuretic - whats the exact definition? Heard this term tossed around alot. Thanks.

Originally posted by plouffe
Diuretic - whats the exact definition? Heard this term tossed around alot. Thanks.

Alot of wrestlers use it to lose weight (water weight) quickly before a meeet so they can satisfy the weight requierement.

BBs use it sometimes before competitions for water weight loss (I guess it enhances defination).
diuretic

, drug used to increase urine formation and output. Diuretics are prescribed for the treatment of edema (the accumulation of excess fluids in the tissues of the body), which is often the result of underlying disease of the kidneys, liver, lungs, or heart (e.g., congestive heart failure). They are also used to treat hypertension (high blood pressure) and glaucoma. They act on the kidneys, modifying the absorption and excretion of water and electrolytes such as sodium and potassium. Types of diuretics include thiazides, loop diuretics, and potassium-sparing diuretics.

Yep, pulls water out of the body enhancing definition. Those that dont die from its use (abuse), may simply experience cramping or lack of ability to even move (Paul Dillet froze up on stage and collapsed).

2 pro bodybuilders that I know of have died, one up and comer, and plenty others that you can find by searching Google.

wow i had no idea diuretics could be so dangerous..

what if u only take one every once in a while?

Back