• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

whey powder vs readily made drinks

iMan323

Preved Medved!
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
This is a question for those in the know. Why do protein drinks taste so good and powder stuff that you blend tastes like utter shit? Is it the mixing process? What do they add to it to make it taste agreeable?

The reason I'm asking is that I just blended 1 packet of MESA-TECH whey for about 5 minutes...it tasted so terrible that I was pondering if I should throw up while drinking or after I was done. Anyway, about half-way into the serving I decided I had enough, and dumped the mix into the toilet. THE F%*KING TOILET GOT CLOGGED!!!!!! There's a reason those drinks sell regardless of the outrageous price.

I was so disgusted that I accidentally put this post in the wrong thread.

I use Optimum Nutrition's chocolate whey and it tastes great. Even my kids like the tates of it. I have to mix my shakes when they aren't around or else they'll want some.

Blending anything for that long will cause it to have lots of bubbles which will affect the taste. Just use a shaker cup for 30 sec. and you should be fine.

Yeah, but I think I'd rather deal with bubbles then clumps of dry powder :eek:
Besides I have bad associations with cup shaking. Reminds me of when I used to shake protein powder in my canteen in the army.
:rolleyes:

Originally posted by iMan323
Yeah, but I think I'd rather deal with bubbles then clumps of dry powder :eek:
Besides I have bad associations with cup shaking. Reminds me of when I used to shake protein powder in my canteen in the army.
:rolleyes:
DAMN, I remember those days :barf:

You shake forever only to taste millions of
dry clumps and bubbles.

The Optimum Nutrtition Chocolate Whey is great;
it mixes well in a blender or in a shaker bottle,
TRUST ME with this one, you'll too can enjoy the convenience of
a shaker bottle when a blender is inconvenient

Originally posted by iMan323
Yeah, but I think I'd rather deal with bubbles then clumps of dry powder ...
ON's chocolate whey doesn't clump when in a shaker cup. Just make sure you put the water/milk in the cup first then add the powder. That definately makes a difference with ANY powdered drink.

I wouldn't blend anything for more than 30-45 seconds. From my personal experiences this breaks everything up with no left over clumps and I have also found that the longer you blend the shakes the thicker they become. If you are still worried about it, several companies make shakes that you can mix by spoon that taste great.

Back