• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Help with my back workout

Premo55

Mic Murderer
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
So here's my back workout for my power/strength week:
6 sets of wide-grip pull-ups to failure
5 sets of chin-ups to failure
5 sets x 5 conventional deadlifts on 4 inch blocks
4 sets x 6 T-bar rows (neutral grip)
3 sets x 6 dumb-bell rows

What I want to ask is, how would it impact my workout if I placed deads before the pull-ups and chins? Also, any critique on this routine?

Peace.

placing the deads before the chins will fatigue your reardelts and arms so it may be harder to dot he chins, not to mention overal energy expenditure.

One think I would add to your program is some sort of roew in the transverse plane of motion and take out one of the other rows you have there (or maybe alternate them weekly). The WG pullups are a frontal plane motion and the other rows and the chins are more in the sagital plane. I would throw in something like a barbell row or wide grip t-bar row to work the transverse plane, get more scapular adduction, better activation of the romboids...etc.

Funk, barbell row= pronated, not supinated, right?

Peace.

So here's my back workout for my power/strength week:
6 sets of wide-grip pull-ups to failure
5 sets of chin-ups to failure
5 sets x 5 conventional deadlifts on 4 inch blocks
4 sets x 6 T-bar rows (neutral grip)
3 sets x 6 dumb-bell rows
Wow, this is way too extreme in terms of volume if you ask me. I would cut the sets down some if I were you. 11 sets of pull-ups is just ridiculous. Then youre doing conventional deadlifts, which dont stress your lats. Conventional deadlifts will hit your lower back, hamstrings, glutes, and traps. T-bar and DB rows look good, just cut the volume down some.

I was getting close to 20 sets and I thought I was doing alot :lol:

Break up your pull-up routine like this to hit your back at more angles:

6 sets of wide-grip pull-ups to failure =

2 Wide-Grip
2 Medium-Grip
2 Close-Grip

* Seated Rows : A wider bar isolates your back/lats better IMO.

Originally posted by Premo55
Funk, barbell row= pronated, not supinated, right?

Peace.

yes, pronated (palms down). Supinated is going to end up not allowing you to flare your elbows out because of the position the radius is in which will end up making it more in the sagital plane.

Thanks man. There's no body part I enjoy training more than my back. Well, legs too, I suppose.

Peace.

I hear ya....legs and back are my favorites (in that order of course.)

IML Gear Cream!
^^ Your v-cut taper is insane, man. Hope I get to that level in a few years!

Peace.

thanks.....lol, that picture is old....I was 150lbs in that pic.

I am 193lbs right now (hit 197lbs at my heaviest during my bulk). I am going to try and get some new pics this weeked as I start to get my precontest diet together.

Back