• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Help me play lacrosse better!!

laxplayer39

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey guys. I am a senior this year. I started playing lacrosse in 10th grade, and i was 5'10 225 with probably around 35% bf.
I am 5'10 185 now and I feel MUCH better on the field, strong fast and agile. I am lean and mean baby!!!

I really want to play in college and I play goalie. My reflexes I guess have improved because I have improved skill wise and I am MUCH stronger and more agile.

My question is that I want to improve my reflexes (ie: the ability to see and react and move my stick and body to meet the ball). THe ball travels close to 100mph sometimes and I dont wear much padding so I get a lot of bruises!! hehe...but its ok, because Lacrosse goalies are crazy!! :)

Any help would be appreciated!!

PS: The supplements I take are: protein shakes/bars/creatine/multi-vitamin. I was thinking about takin a ECA stack but thats another topic ;).

Sounds like you're looking for reaction speed drills.Here is one my boxing coach used that really helps awareness and reaction speed.Sit on a bench or chair with a wall directly behind you.Have three partners standing in front of you, spread out at different positions.They should all be atleast 35 or 40 feet away initially.Each is holding a tennis ball with his arm already cocked back and ready to throw.At irregular intervals they take turns throwing the tennis balls at you.Your job is to raise either your right or left arm to catch the ball(depending on what direction the ball came from).As you become more proficient, you can have one or all of your partners move closer, changes positions,etc.The more spread out they are, the more you are forced to use your peripheral vision.Another variation you can use is to have your partners aim to hit you in the head with the tennis balls and your objective is to deflect the balls with your arms or hands as opposed to catching them.This variation requires headgear and a chest protector.Some good weigt training exercises for increasing speed and coordination are power snatches or power cleans performed with either barbells or dumbells, concentrating on form and speed instead of poundage.

Lax- how often do you practice?? The reason am I asking is that I used to play a lot of hockey. I was undoubtedly at my best when I was practicing five days a week. My reflexes, hand-eye coordination, and vision stayed very sharp when I was practicing like a mad man. As my life priorities shifted, I practiced less and less. It definitely showed in my game performance.

Back