• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

maltilol

sara

INK NOT MINK
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I can't spell the "maltilol" it's a sugar sub.
would it be better than using aspertame? the Genisoy low carb bar I've been having it's got 19 grams of maltilol subtracted from the carb source

I heard Malitol tends to cause a bad lacsative effect, btw Malitol is found it most atkins bars as a sugar subsitute

Maltitol is found in many things requiring artificial sugar including chewing gum - and it can cause reactive effects if taken in high quantities. I'm allergic to it myself, which is a very strange allergy.

The actual term for this is called a sugar alcohol, which is a basic chemical derivative of simple sugar. Others in the family include xylitol, sorbitol and mannitol which are often found right along with maltitol.

Sugar alcohols make upset my tummy-i've elimated most of them for the last few days, and I feel a lot better. SO, im pretty sure thats whats been causing it.

me too jill! I wish they didnt put them in damn near every sugar free product :p

once i ate a whole bunch of sugar free candies, and within a few hours I thought i was gonna die, for real. I was gonna go to the hospital I was in so much pain!:laugh: Ive been pretty careful since then.

ughh those sugar alcohols are like POSION to my body.. I swear.. get soo sick! :(

Wow! horror stories about sugar alch.

Reactions are very common - unfortunately like you guys said they are in most artificially sweetened products. I have yet to find a protein bar that does not contain maltitol.

It gives me a good excuse to not eat dessert in restaurants - my line is that "if I don't know what's in it, I don't eat it." :p

Back