• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Equipment Question

takamishi

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey Everyone. I had a question about my weight bench. Its a Weider with a weight limit, person and weights, of 360 pounds. Right now I'm 180 and bench 200, which is 20 pounds over the limit. My bench press is the only exercise that I'm over the limit on. I'm in college right now and don't have that much extra money so I'm not really looking to buy a new bench. My question is if you guys think it would be a good idea to buy a new bench or could i stick with this one. Thanks for the help.

Could be dangerous if you were to shift your weight while using the bench. Its up to you but I'd upgrade, check out your local bargin finder or walmart for some good deals on weight lifting equipment.

Look in the paper sometimes there are gyms getting rid of old equipment or a School does sometimes. Or just have someone make ya one.

Like the others have said, I would definitely update the bench. Because if not, you are severely limiting yourself on the weight you lift plus everytime you go ove the weight limit you are taking a risk of getting injured.

I workout at home and have a weight bench with a limit also. I think my bench has a limit of 300#'s but I weigh 200 and workout with 250 benching. That's 450#'s and I've never had any trouble with it tipping over. The only thing that I've noticed is when I do my leg extensions, and I have a lot of weight on them, I have to have some weight on the bench press bar or the weight from the leg extension will cause the bench to tip downwards. No big deal. I've been using mine for over a year now.

work out with DB's chances are you won't be handeling the same poundages so you won't be in that danger zone or whatever.

Back