• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

35,000 dollar car

HoldDaMayo

Just call me Mayo
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Mudge made me think about this with his comments on the 350Z... what would you buy if you had 35k to spend on a car and why?

for me, I'd chose a Lancer Evo, Impreza STI, or S2000... i started this thread so i chose 3... you all can only chose 1 ok!!!

Thats not enough$$... I would get a... uh.... um... Something practical, and spend the rest on supps!

I agree with P. I'd take the bus and keep the cash

Isnt an imprezza sti more than 35k?

nah... should be right under... i thought around 32-33k

I spent a good deal of time playing with cars, right now I just have a 240Z and a beater.

I would love to have a 1999 FRC C5, which means fixed roof coupe (hardtop), which the Z06 later replaced. I'm a budget minded person, I put out 411 RWHP with my 94 Z28 on about $2260 in mods, naturally aspirated, tuned it myself.

Right now though I just would like to put a 5 liter V8 in my 240, a roll cage, few various mods and keep it relatively budget minded. I should lose about 40# and gain some weight distribution (49/51) with the 5 liter ford, the straight 6 is very long and a very heavy block for its mere 2.8L displacement. I should come in around 2280# not counting a cage, and no fiberglass part swaps.

Isnt the 240z able to be built into a Sylvia or something?

It was known as the Fairlady, the Sylvia is the 240SX. The American 240SX comes with a KA24 single or dual cam, and the "JDE" version came with the SR20DET.

The Fairlady came with a 2 liter instead of 2.4L straight 6, I have a later F54 block, 2.8L engine in mine from a 1982 car.

Well I know this thread states "Car", but for me it would be a truck all the way. :)

If I had 35 grand to blow myself I would probably buy a Dodge Cummings Diesel 4 x 4 4door Truck.... Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh :hehe:

Why? Well I love trucks and Cummings Diesel motors are awsome. They generally will outlast the truck.... Get more miles out of a good diesel motor than gas... Produces excellent torque and good on gas too :). It's nice to dream.... Well I'll probably end up settling for a Ford F150 though, but that's ok too.

35K really isn't that much, maybe some of you guys are just starting out or are still in college?? Once you are woking for awhile, it will be easy to get what you want, though I wouldn't spend more than I was comfortable with.
Lex GS 430 once the current car hits 100K miles.

Originally posted by Randy
Well I know this thread states "Car", but for me it would be a truck all the way. :)

If I had 35 grand to blow myself I would probably buy a Dodge Cummings Diesel 4 x 4 4door Truck.... Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh :hehe:

Why? Well I love trucks and Cummings Diesel motors are awsome. They generally will outlast the truck.... Get more miles out of a good diesel motor than gas... Produces excellent torque and good on gas too :). It's nice to dream.... Well I'll probably end up settling for a Ford F150 though, but that's ok too.
for a cummings? Better bring more $$!

for the 3 cars listed, I"d get the EVO.

I'm with Mudge and Kuso ... buy an older car and restore it ... well hot rod it. A 57 Chevy would do just nice thank you. :)

Either that or take the 35K and prostreet my 52 dodge truck - turning it into one mean machine.

Don't know that I could ever see myself buying a luxury car ...

Mudge ... you're getting 411hp out of an engine for $2260 worth of mods???

Originally posted by naturaltan
I'm with Mudge and Kuso ... buy an older car and restore it ... well hot rod it. A 57 Chevy would do just nice thank you. :)

Either that or take the 35K and prostreet my 52 dodge truck - turning it into one mean machine.

Mudge ... you're getting 411hp out of an engine for $2260 worth of mods???
it's called a BIG bottle of NOs!!
:D

I'd take the 350Z and then maybe save what is left over.

Originally posted by Burner02
it's called a BIG bottle of NOs!!

:haha: ... I was thinking the same thing. :)

Originally posted by JLB001
I'd take the 350Z and then maybe save what is left over.
I think the 350Z would pertty much suck up all that 35k.
one of the guys here bought a nice blue one and super charged it, along with some other mods. Supposedly, pushing over 400hp....
I wanna ride in THAT!

I'll take an old Ford Gt40 or one the new ones will be even better:thumb:
Or maybe a GT500KR convertible(only 18 made). A guy I used to work for had one. Was offered a million for it and turned it down.

IML Gear Cream!
I want a '89 Countach (sp)......

I'd order a turnkey cobra (as opposed to building it myself), or possibly a C4 corvette.

an '03 Cobra. (Mustang) put a few mods in that car...and you have one SERIOUS piece of hardware!

Yeah, but I can cough up the extra 5 grand if 35 g's happen to fall into my hands :D. My buddy bought one and I believe his was 40k out the door. :) His truck is very sweet.

for a cummings? Better bring more $$!

for the 3 cars listed, I"d get the EVO.

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500
4dr Quad Cab Laramie 4WD SB (5.9L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)
MSRP Invoice $42,415
National Base Price: $37,228
(Excludes destination charge.)

Originally posted by dg806
I'll take an old Ford Gt40 or one the new ones will be even better:thumb:
Or maybe a GT500KR convertible(only 18 made). A guy I used to work for had one. Was offered a million for it and turned it down.

Wow!! If someone was to ever offer me a million for a vehicle that I owned, it would be gone in a heartbeat. :lol:

some one wanna offer me 1 mil. for my Ford?
puh-lease?

Yeah, his is 2 door king cab :shrug: A bit cheaper

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500
4dr Quad Cab Laramie 4WD SB (5.9L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)
MSRP Invoice $42,415
National Base Price: $37,228
(Excludes destination charge.)

Hey look Burner... I got my official Elite Membership stamp now :banana:

so...you paid the 5bux?

Back