• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

benchpress

Rockin_Kockin

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
hey guys!!!
how should i breath when doing the benchpress? and should i have my legs flopping on the end of it? or how should i put my legs when doing bench, since my back kills me everytime i attempt the benchpress
Thanks!

Rockin_Kockin

Just breathe! Some poepl like to exhale as they press, I know I do, but when teaching it I think it may be to cojmplicated to trya nd coordinate all that stuff so I tell people to make sure they are breathing, that's all.

Plant your feet firmly on the floor, but on the pad and maintain the lordodic curve in your lower back. squezze your glutes and drive your heels into the ground as you press.

Legs on the ground, some curvature of the spine otherwise yes it will hurt the back.I also pull my feet back a little to keep the spine curved easily, I dont do any real pushing with my feet.

Originally posted by Mudge
Legs on the ground, some curvature of the spine otherwise yes it will hurt the back.I also pull my feet back a little to keep the spine curved easily, I dont do any real pushing with my feet.

I put my feet way back behind me and I sit high on my traps with my butt on the bench.

I like to bring my shoulder blades together, along with all the shit mudge said. A good way to breath is just exhale near while pushing up ( Maybe the middle of your ROM ) then inhaling as you decend.

Plouffe, thats in the article that was linked to (which came from my sig), so yes the blades come together also. It really is several things to remember, what I did was simply tried to remember/learn all the points by practicing with 135 for a week, just a couple quicky reps until I got it all down.

Read the article, write down the key points (how to center the wrist etc), and practice it with something light like air.

Back