• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

PM to e-mail forwarding

Eggs

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey Prince -

I'm not sure if this has been addressed here before, but it would be nice to have an option that if your PM box fills up it can be forwarded to an e-mail account. Already it sends us an e-mail when our box is full, would it be hard to modify it just to send to the PM to an e-mail then?

I know 200 PMs is alot... but if someone is on vacation or something then their box might fill up while they are gone and they'd miss some important e-mails. Also, in that case... would it be possible to have an option just to send PMs to e-mail? I'm not sure in which situation it would be really benificial, but it probably has its uses.

I see that we have the option of getting an e-mail when we get a PM... does that work even if our box is full?

Perhaps these things are already available and I'm simply missing the option.

Thanks!

I can't imagine that anyone would go on vacation and receive 200 PM's while they're gone...

My suggestion is if you're going to be away for awhile and worried that your PM box might fill up, use the 'Delete All PMs' function before you leave, this will get rid of all PMs in every box.

There is a PM quota meter on the main forum screen and in your PM control panel to ensure that you are aware of your PM limit at all times.

Also, you can enable PM email notification in your user cp so you receive an email every time someone sends you a PM.

...and if you don't want to delete your pms but need room you can always email them to yourself and then delete from your inbox to make space (but not lose anything)

i just cut and paste them into an email. ;)

I just added one little feature, when you read a PM there is a link to forward that PM to your email account. Remember it goes to the email address you have in your profile on this board.

I am looking for a hack to back-up all PM's, and/or email them all.

Prince... that backing up PMs would be amazing. Jenny and I PM alot and we keep our PMs to each other, and its a whole lot of work to go through and back them all up and clear them out. I do like 20 at a time, but 3 or 4 days later its full again. Maybe there is some sort of hack where you could use the select buttons to select all the PMs that you want shown, and it will show them all on one page. Then I could just copy and paste it into word for the back-up.

If you can do that I'll become a paying member :grin:

read my above post Eggs, there is a mod that does this, I could not get it to work with this version of vB, and the person that wrote it evidently has no plans to update it.

since vB3 is out, no one is doing much hacking on vB2 anymore and I am not ready to switch to vB3 just yet.

IML Gear Cream!
Thanks for trying Prince :)

Eggs and I should still become paying members though! This page has done A LOT for us :D

There, I just did it! Honey, you should pay too :p

Okay, I paid too.

That you tried counts for something :p

Thanks Prince :)

Its really the least I can do... IM really has had an amazing impact on my life. And not just my lifting habits :D

Eggs, you did see this post, right?

Originally posted by Prince
I just added one little feature, when you read a PM there is a link to forward that PM to your email account. Remember it goes to the email address you have in your profile on this board.

Yep, saw that! Thanks! :)

Back